Hacked Accounts

Make your password something new. Right now. Something you've never used before. Not on facebook, twitter, any game, linkedin, etc.

And then please post here when you lose your gear. I will eat my hat, your hat...hell, I'll devour a millinery.

The rest of your post is indeed tinfoilhat-worthy.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Charan, people are going to see only what they want. I applaud your willingness to explain, but I have a feeling you're wasting your time for a large majority. Though, what else can you do?

I have my reservations on some things, and had a small rant regarding Prozon that I deleted because it's not helpful for anyone to speculate.

Keep fighting the fight (What choice do you have?), but right now it's an uphill battle and I'm not sure how successful you'll be. :\

"
Charan wrote:
Make your password something new. Right now. Something you've never used before. Not on facebook, twitter, any game, linkedin, etc.

And then please post here when you lose your gear. I will eat my hat, your hat...hell, I'll devour a millinery.

As much I'd love to do that, fortunately so far I haven't been hacked. But that might pops another question.

"Why do you care so much about the hacking if you're yourself didn't hacked?"

Simple. It is because I loved this game. I've cared things where the majority didn't care. I stand by things where everyone else looks at the other ways, such as this fiasco. That's why I'm questioning GGG's actions on these recent hacking thingy. And in my opinion, so far GGG is handling these things disappointingly, and this was underlined with prozonguy case.

Everyone needs to be equal, streamers or not, players or not. If one guy got his all stuffs back, then the rest should does. Lame excuse such as "It is our fault directly so we will restore his things. Your case are because our system explo- we meant, phishing sites and stuffs, so we won't recover your things." will just further this spirals into the abyss train ticket that GGG brought for themselves.
"
darkro90 wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

As much I'd love to do that, fortunately so far I haven't been hacked. But that might pops another question.

"Why do you care so much about the hacking if you're yourself didn't hacked?"

Simple. It is because I loved this game. I've cared things where the majority didn't care. I stand by things where everyone else looks at the other ways, such as this fiasco. That's why I'm questioning GGG's actions on these recent hacking thingy. And in my opinion, so far GGG is handling these things disappointingly, and this was underlined with prozonguy case.

Everyone needs to be equal, streamers or not, players or not. If one guy got his all stuffs back, then the rest should does. Lame excuse such as "It is our fault directly so we will restore his things. Your case are because our system explo- we meant, phishing sites and stuffs, so we won't recover your things." will just further this spirals into the abyss train ticket that GGG brought for themselves.

I do agree that the timing with Prozon isn't helping GGG, even though they are different circumstances. I can see how that would leave a very bad taste on those who lost their stuff for other reasons.
Thing is i've never had any of my accounts hacked in my entire life, i've played wow on private servers had uber shit on the account and didn't even lost that even with shit passwords. I don't click weird links and i never have to input my passwords anywhere, plus my systems are highly secured due to "IS" being part of my profession.So it's still beyond me to as why my account was compromised.
"
Gwydyon wrote:

I do agree that the timing with Prozon isn't helping GGG, even though they are different circumstances. I can see how that would leave a very bad taste on those who lost their stuff for other reasons.

I think I articulated the rock/hardplace/hell that GGG was put between by the prozon situation clearly enough that I have no reason to continue commenting about it.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 21, 2013, 2:36:36 AM
I for one have not been hacked. I haven't been scammed, and I haven't lost my items. Then why am I posting to this thread? I have lost something much more valuable than orbs and pixels. I have lost a great in game partner and friend who will not be returning. This friend WAS hacked, and I watched as the bot, hacker, jerk logged in and out of his characters quickly, one by one, cleaning him out. And there was nothing I could do.

I can only imagine how bad he feels that he lost hundreds of hours of hard earned trophies for his efforts. However, even though I did not get hacked, I am a victim of association. I may have not lost items, but I have lost something that a roll-back could never replace: A desire to log back in and play without him by my side.

I'm still holding a strand of hope that GGG will somehow rectify this issue in some equitable manner. And for the person I'm talking about who was hacked, you know who you are, it was a good ride; one I haven't enjoyed as much in over a decade. Great game, unfortunate turn of events. Peace.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Honestly, these days I'm often ashamed to call myself a gamer.

If you're one of the few people who actually has brain in his/her head you can call yourself an Educated Gamer. Gamer can mean anyone from a CoD kid and WoW addict to Kripparrian.

Educated gamer understands things, thinks logically, only buys high quality games not garbage, understands what "quality" (when it comes to games) is, boycotts Electronic Arts and Activision, knows how to secure his/her accounts and computers so he/she doesn't get hacked and etc.
Only idiots get hacked.
"
Charan wrote:
it's easy to see the difference between what happened with Prozon and what is happening with others. With all the others, the password was stolen somehow -- and of course we can't say how

Charan, I've repeatedly asked throughout this thread whether the server is structured so that intercepting a session ID would be enough to hijack a session without a password or any form of access to the victim's pc. I haven't received an answer, and I have a pretty good idea why.

At this stage there are still many possible ways that the hijackings could have happened through absolutely no fault of the user. If I was going to intercept random session ID's, I'd be sniffing around the server rather than the client (though either could work).

You also need to quit with claiming that stealing an account with a "con job" is somehow different and therefore an exception. Chris very specifically warned players about checking who PM's and emails are from, and losing accounts that way was included in the list of stuff that would result in not getting your items back. It isexactlythe same thing that they previously said they wouldn't make exceptions for.

All the justifications for not giving players items back related to loopholes and economy issues are just as relevant to this situation as they would be to many others.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to go a step further here. This wasn't a con job, and it did happen in part due to Prozon not protecting himself, as others are expected to. Email spoofing is regarded as hacking. Technically it doesn't involved breaking anything, but it's more than just a con. It's also entirely preventable. It wasn't prevented because he chose an email host with poor security.

So again, the difference between this case and any other is getting smaller and smaller, if it even exists.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Feb 21, 2013, 3:03:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info