Hacked Accounts

I dont wanna start a war on the guy who did the page http://poe.xyz.is but after I enter there today I saw a flickering in my mouse (same thing happens when someone uses the windows remote help and give remote control of the PC) and I didn't care at the time but when I was about to close the *.xls where I have my "prices list" I noticed that next to the Chain skill cell someone wrote 'I want one...'.

Wasn't me because my native language is Spanish and write something that I only use in english is pointless and my laptop has a fingerprint security to be booted so no one has acces to it, also when I last checked the *.xls an hour earlier that wasn't there...

Today I only visited twitch.tv to watch the League of Legends event and Hotmail and Facebook as usual so I only can assume that the attack came from the mentioned website.

I inmediately turned off my modem and ran a full scan on my laptop getting nothing at the end, then I changed my password from my father's PC that has a different internet connection.
If the attacker only gains control using the IP then I'm saved because my IP resets every time I turn on my modem, else he still can enter and I'm fkd...
Great Thank you supporters for not knowing that your site is hacked by some Asians!! There was a video next to the Steam Videos in home page with 100% legal zoom abjustment tiny.cc !!
Those guys blew up 3 months of played time and items for equivalent of 50-60 exalteds..
Past Accaunt:Weeduser.... AND BTW THE GUY IS ONLINE ATM !!! You can at least try to see who is he and can you return my stuff back!.. THANK YOU ...
Last edited by TeamApple on May 26, 2013, 2:06:25 PM
Chinese hack my acc 26 May. Your suggestions do not help. They took all the orbs and quality gems. There were not as many as the other players, but no desire to keep playing...

Thank you for writing it helped me a lot...

"Your Path of Exile account has been locked because someone attempted to log in from a location that you don't typically play from - "Chengdu, Sichuan, China".

To play again, you'll need to type or paste the following access code into the game client after logging in:

8d8-7ad-1feb

Our support staff will never ask you for this unlock code. Do not give it to anyone.

If you didn't just attempt to log in from a new location, then someone else has your account password! You should change it immediately which can be done on our website.

If you have any problems with this process, please contact customer support by replying to this email."
Last edited by kerrub on May 30, 2013, 3:41:22 AM
"
kerrub wrote:
Chinese hack my acc 26 May. Your suggestions do not help. They took all the orbs and quality gems. There were not as many as the other players, but no desire to keep playing...

Thank you for writing it helped me a lot...

"Your Path of Exile account has been locked because someone attempted to log in from a location that you don't typically play from - "Chengdu, Sichuan, China".

To play again, you'll need to type or paste the following access code into the game client after logging in:

8d8-7ad-1feb

Our support staff will never ask you for this unlock code. Do not give it to anyone.

If you didn't just attempt to log in from a new location, then someone else has your account password! You should change it immediately which can be done on our website.

If you have any problems with this process, please contact customer support by replying to this email."

So the person from China managed to login to your poe account after it had been locked? That means that your email account has been compromised.
rhetorical questions...

And how did they know my email? Dear GGG mabe your (or rather our) email database was hacked ?
Last edited by kerrub on May 31, 2013, 6:08:33 AM
"
kerrub wrote:
rhetorical questions...

And how did they know my email? Dear GGG mabe your (or rather our) email database was hacked ?

The most likely thing is that they started by obtaining your email, and your inbox or bin contained an email from GGG, which is how they knew that a pow account was associated with that email. Whoever gained access to your email would then add it to a package of many email addresses that contain poe accounts and sell the package to someone who buys poe accounts to resell the orbs on them.

Alternatively, you may use the same email address for many things, which makes it easier for them to obtain.

If GGG had been hacked they would know it. Believe me, they will have a lot of logs. Also, certain fields on their database will contain encrypted values, so even if they were hacked the hacker would not know your password.

If you really want someone to blame then blame the players who buy orbs with real money. RMT is the reason for hacking.
Last edited by hzflank on May 31, 2013, 8:26:50 AM
"
The most likely thing is that they started by obtaining your email, and your inbox or bin contained an email from GGG, which is how they knew that a pow account was associated with that email. Whoever gained access to your email would then add it to a package of many email addresses that contain poe accounts and sell the package to someone who buys poe accounts to resell the orbs on them.

Alternatively, you may use the same email address for many things, which makes it easier for them to obtain.

If GGG had been hacked they would know it. Believe me, they will have a lot of logs. Also, certain fields on their database will contain encrypted values, so even if they were hacked the hacker would not know your password.

If you really want someone to blame then blame the players who buy orbs with real money. RMT is the reason for hacking.

if hacked my email, I already had a lot of spam but not ...
your email is definately compromised... ( spam has nothing to do with that )
IGN TylordRampage
"
kerrub wrote:
rhetorical questions...

Even if they got your email address from GGG, How in the hell do you think they got your email password. GGG does not have your email password.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info