Hacked Accounts

How many more accounts must it take before GGG realize that they have a compromised game here?
Never bought currecny, never went to any website other than PoE's official. Still got hacked. This is a sad, sad fucking day. It's not sad because I got hacked, guess my pword was too weak or something. I had literally just wiped my hard drive, started from scratch, installed antivirus and downloaded this game. That's it, that's all that is on my computer, antivirus and POE. now all my shit is gone. WTF. but again it I'm not sad that I got hacked, shit happens and people are jerks, they take advantage of others and we all need to be aware.

I am sad because I know there is no help for me now.

Will I contrinue to play, probably. I love this game.

Will I fear this will happen again. Every fucking day, yes.

What is the point of making me confirm my account when I play from a different computer if some asshole half the world away can just get in anyway?
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Last edited by Xalmaren on May 17, 2013, 8:38:59 AM
It's because they have your hacked email not your poe account. It doesn't matter what kind of password strength you have on your poe account if they have access to your email, it's over. So you guys need to set up new gmail accounts with verification.
I got hacked! i followed all the instructions how to not get hacked and still all my items are gone
One more to add to the list it seems... Was gone for a while and when I got back I noticed somebody had figured a better use for all that phat lewtz just sitting in my stash wasting space. My own fault really, I'm one of those idiots who are too lazy to use passwords that aren't used anywhere else and tought that staying away from questionable sites is good enough.

Ah well, still stings less than killing a month HC race char couple days before the end.
IGN: Jid
The odd thing was try didn't take all my jewelry. They left armor and blacksmith scraps on each tab and left alchemy shards. Also didn't take the one item I had a microtransaction on. Could it be a program that stripped my account? There has got to be some way to at least stop that and make it slower and less convenient for these assholes.

It's very sad the number of pages this thread has reached.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
I got hacked exactly same way as Xalmaren did...

Microtransaction items wasn't touched, alchemy shards in stash tabs and blackmiths and whetstone left there... Jewelry neither or basic lvl 1 gems... Everything else is just gone.

Its sad really... This game needs to sort this thing out, my friend was robbed as well. And he stopped playing for this. You will loose all ppl sooner than later because of this shit.

I was playing tons of games, lineage, aion, tera, WoW, GW2 and more... I was never ever hacked anywhere else...
I was hacked, but I'm pretty sure it was through my yahoo account.

Either way, even if this hack method is not the fault of POE, they should do everything practical to prevent it.

SATOR
AREPO
TENET
OPERA
ROTAS
"
Dr_Keeper wrote:
I got hacked exactly same way as Xalmaren did...

Microtransaction items wasn't touched, alchemy shards in stash tabs and blackmiths and whetstone left there... Jewelry neither or basic lvl 1 gems... Everything else is just gone.

Same, they didn't touch the summon skellies with statues skin. Another untouched was a lvl 3 HC char, so either the program doesn't take from HC, or skips chars that are low lvl enough.
IGN: Jid
"
Dr_Keeper wrote:

Similar with me. I lost GMP gem, low level unique 2h sword, and all orbs except alchemy shards, armorer scraps and whetstones. None of my current level gear was taken and most other gems were untouched.

If this is some automated program then that is even more worrying. With an obvious security loophole in the game, they can clear out whoever they want with ease.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info