[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

Just switched over from the popular life based Carcass Jack build to this one and this is hands down better in almost every aspect. I kept getting one shot on high maps, but now, with 10k es, living through so much. Thanks for putting this together, turned my sub par BV char into a powerhouse.
And in low-life version do i need Eye of Chayula or Valyrium? or i can just take all rare jewelry with stats that needed?
"
ChlenixOn wrote:
And in low-life version do i need Eye of Chayula or Valyrium? or i can just take all rare jewelry with stats that needed?

You need either Skyforth, Valyrium or Eye of Chayula to avoid being stunned.

Alternatively you could try the 80% to avoid being stunned on boots, but I haven't used those so I don't know how they feel.
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Oct 9, 2016, 7:02:56 AM
Why are people using Rainbowstrides? For the spellblock vs shaper?
So how high should I prioritize extra es on shields? 500+ with no other stats vs 300+ with 100+ crit/40 spell dmg/15all vs other variations?
Any advices what i should change first?
Hey

I continue to maxing my CI but not LL :) and convinced that CI just better for me.

About the auras pool, i no longer use Warlord's Mark, and dont see any problems with Leech.

About the other curse, not sure big need of them, on trash farm its not necessary, on bosses it doesn't work in the best way.

Assasins Mark + Crit Damage gem+ additional Power Charge from tree is good, but
on maps i feel 100% crit with Crit Chance gem + Diamond flask is more stable dps.

Currently i use Herald Of Ice with Curse on Hit + some curse.
(i dont use Ice Bite with HoI because of lags, HoI make me lags, but with Ice Bite its more then unplayable, especially in party)

Also Vuln on Hit can be applied from Facebreakers corruption, if someone really want it.

DPS in CI is more then enough, and LL passive 30% More Damage not really work, because you waste too many points for ES and mana reserved.
The only benifit of LL is the Haste aura, that adds a little dynamics, and few thousand of fake cast speed dps, but lose of huge amount of ES and ability to wear IIQ gear on Shaper / Uber runs.

The only case when i will try LL again, is if i'll get 600 BV Hubris, and 600 Spell/Crit shield :) in either case, i see no reason.

About the Ascendancy / Flasks is obvious Nature's Boon + Chalice flask is for Shaper/Uber runs, Veteran Bowyer for maps.
Also i should say, not quite remember when i used Rumi last time...

Just for memories :)...
Gear

Tooltip
DPS in h/o, with Hatred + HoI, without golems or any other fake cast speed scaling.

Inc Dura + AoE = 34.7k
http://i.imgur.com/xSBeOBr.jpg

Empower + AoE = 43.6k
http://i.imgur.com/xHNuGZ0.jpg

Empower + Conc = 69.5k
http://i.imgur.com/rzmWP2x.jpg

But i still use Spell Echo even on Shaper/Atziri. Some guys skip it and put ICD/ICS/Added Chaos but i feel QoL of Spell Echo is so Huge, and dps is enough anyway.

Last edited by zxfx on Oct 10, 2016, 10:15:55 AM
I agree with the guy above I went from ll with a 6l shavs to ci. I mean yes the dps was nice base in ho was about 40k. My issue was even as great as it was I did die every now and then overall just a more rippy build imo.

Instead went to ci have 12k es with 26k tooltip dps which is already more than enough to do whatever you want and great clear speed.
I used his build as a base but now that I've hit 90+ even one death means setting yourself back hours so I'd rather go ci any day over ll just for tankiness. I'm also coming back after a year so I don't know my boss fights well and having that extra cushion is literally a life saver.

Here's my gear I have no issues with stuns or anything I'm debating and swapping my crystal flask out for a the Dying Ruby Flask.

Gear:

Note I have a different gem setup you can see in the gear above it again allows more tankiness and very consistent power charges always have 5 up. It also builds up a steady amount of frenzy charges. And no I do not run hatred, I run HOI (power/frenzy charges) HOL (great for leaching and dps addition with vinktars) Clarity and Discipline

I have also altered my tree, I'll explain the changes below
Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQPuBUINfA5IDlwRLxFQEZYV1xXtGDwYVhmKGo8bJR2-IG4i9Cj6KgsqOCsKLJwsvy2oL28zhzW5N0w9X0GWRX5GcUmxS65Ms1AwUilSU1S9VeBWY1fJWFpcQFyKXfJfal-wYlpq-mwLbRlvnnBScLt3B3vXf4B_xoLHgwmExYauhxOJ04w2jZKP-pMnlouXBpeVl_SbtZyknrehL6crrrOv67GQtAy1SLmTvSe-gL6KwcXDCcM6xKLHncpKytPQH9DQ0PXVudfP2RPZW9te35jn6ukC6rrrY-v17BjviO_r8W3yHfba9z35M_k3-ej7Cf8Q

Explanation:
Due to the high crit rate I have no issues keeping up my vinktars or other flask charges at all and I thought. I also went master alchemist which may be why I am able to keep my charges up better. I also am able to run magnate belt, instead of the crystal belt many LL builds need.

I dropped druidic rite mainly because of having flasks up all the time I thought it was a waste of 5 points.

I also dropped coordination and went left from vaal pact. I feel like its a waste of 4 points for 12as and 6 cast speed. having that of course boosts your tooltip dps a bit, but if your maintaining 20 stacks of BV what difference does it really make. In addition this dropping of as and cast speed on the tree is made up by having frenzy charges in the build due to my gem setup

So thats a total of 9 points saved

I decided to go from vaal pact to harrier and connect the to rest of the tree there. Doing this allows me to get 3 crits noted, a jewel slot, 12% spell damage.= 8 skill points I still have an extra and I think those passives are way more useful than coordination (also access to 3 aura nodes if I want them)
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"
ChlenixOn wrote:

You need either Skyforth, Valyrium or Eye of Chayula to avoid being stunned.

Alternatively you could try the 80% to avoid being stunned on boots, but I haven't used those so I don't know how they feel.

I've only recently aquired the 80% avoid stun enchant on boots and had been doing shaper/t16 maps with no stun immunity. Very rarely found myself in trouble due to stun. Never on bosses.
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
Why are people using Rainbowstrides? For the spellblock vs shaper?

Probably. I think good rare boots are better. I didn't really have problems without as much spellblock.

"
ExiledPoe wrote:
So how high should I prioritize extra es on shields? 500+ with no other stats vs 300+ with 100+ crit/40 spell dmg/15all vs other variations?

We get a lot ES from shields. If you're CI a 400ES one with dmg/crit (the one zxfx has is pretty perfect) is good, on LL I'd try to get 500.

"
zxfx wrote:
Hey

I continue to maxing my CI but not LL :) and convinced that CI just better for me.

About the auras pool, i no longer use Warlord's Mark, and dont see any problems with Leech.

About the other curse, not sure big need of them, on trash farm its not necessary, on bosses it doesn't work in the best way.

Assasins Mark + Crit Damage gem+ additional Power Charge from tree is good, but
on maps i feel 100% crit with Crit Chance gem + Diamond flask is more stable dps.

Currently i use Herald Of Ice with Curse on Hit + some curse.
(i dont use Ice Bite with HoI because of lags, HoI make me lags, but with Ice Bite its more then unplayable, especially in party)

Also Vuln on Hit can be applied from Facebreakers corruption, if someone really want it.

DPS in CI is more then enough, and LL passive 30% More Damage not really work, because you waste too many points for ES and mana reserved.
The only benifit of LL is the Haste aura, that adds a little dynamics, and few thousand of fake cast speed dps, but lose of huge amount of ES and ability to wear IIQ gear on Shaper / Uber runs.

The only case when i will try LL again, is if i'll get 600 BV Hubris, and 600 Spell/Crit shield :) in either case, i see no reason.

About the Ascendancy / Flasks is obvious Nature's Boon + Chalice flask is for Shaper/Uber runs, Veteran Bowyer for maps.
Also i should say, not quite remember when i used Rumi last time...

Just for memories :)...
Gear

Tooltip
DPS in h/o, with Hatred + HoI, without golems or any other fake cast speed scaling.

Inc Dura + AoE = 37.6k
http://i.imgur.com/xSBeOBr.jpg

Empower + AoE = 47k
http://i.imgur.com/xHNuGZ0.jpg

Empower + Conc = 75k
http://i.imgur.com/rzmWP2x.jpg

But i still use Spell Echo even on Shaper/Atziri. Some guys skip it and put ICD/ICS/Added Chaos but i feel QoL of Spell Echo is so Huge, and dps is enough anyway.

Sweet gear and some interesting points you've made. I get what you say about the sacrifice of going LL. The main reason I went LL was because I didn't really see a need in a big ES pool since we'd only need it to avoid oneshots which does very rarely happen (if at all)
It's hard to say anything about the DPS difference since your gear is by far better than mine. What I can say is that I get around 20-25% more DPS by going LL and that I'm still missing a lot of possible spelldmg/crit on gear.
(Need to exalt my shield and hope for spelldmg/hybrid. I can pretty much just scour off the suffixes because they aren't that great, I just really need to hit a good prefix)

I dropped WM as well. I run Vuln+TempChains atm which is pretty nice to play with. I think Vuln is actually worth it even if its effect gets decreased on bosses.

What do you think about Empower? Is it worth it? I thought about a lvl4 Empower for a few weeks already, but not quite sure if it's really worth it. You seem to have experimented with it a little.
Last edited by Purexec on Oct 10, 2016, 9:03:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info