[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
Nedieth wrote:
I used to have abyssal cry in my Contagion link before it was replaced by Arcane Surge. Before 3.0, a well geared ED character had 40-50k ED DPS, and could get to 70k with extreme gear. With charges, I have well over 100k DPS on my ED now, making the AoE clearing situation completely different. Abyssal Cry is no longer needed, and we just need to focus on getting single target high enough instead.

I run Temporal Chains because I like to manually dodge monsters rather than relying on mitigation. With Temp. Chains, it is perfectly safe to run into directly through enemies, since their attack speed is so slow. Although Enfeeble synergizes extremely well with our evasion, I simply prefer to have control myself rather than getting hit by more weaker hits. Temp. Chains especially trivializes turbo auras.

Thanks again for the insights :)

So I can replace abyssal for some utility perhaps (i'd like a warp or flame dash to cross over things)

Sadly I RIP'd yday ... I felt sort of immortal and it punished me ;P
I didn't take much damage from anything, never really lost more than 10-20% health before it was healed again by the chaos damage - until I ate 2-3 blue lightning balls in a breach at sametime and despite popping instant potion, dead hehe... god damn.

Loved the character, the build and all .. so I'm remaking it :)

Thanks again for the infos, good job keeping the guide active, it's rare to see HC players with active guides around here, so much appreciated.
Hello, I love your build

but can I pick Walk the Aether insted of Ghost Dance and does it make any difference ?
Last edited by stalucat on Oct 9, 2017, 9:28:10 PM
For me, that would be a HC/SC difference considering choice of ascendancies. Walk the Aether is really nice, but it removes the possibility to recover mana from movement skills from Weave the Arcane. This mana recovery is extremely handy if you take a big hit, go low on mana and shield charge away while crying like a little girl. These shield charges can help recovering your mana pool extremely fast. Not having Walk the Aether will also allow you to do no regen maps, as shield charge will recover enough mana for you to keep going without a mana flask.

On the flipside, going fast is fun. Consider Walk the Aether for SC!

EDIT: Thanks Østergreen, I do my best! It is important to me to embrace the possibilities of PoE, so my guide should never give one "correct" answer. It kinda forces me to keep checking up on it, as the details can get a bit confusing when I try keep options open in almost every aspect of the guide.
Last edited by Nedieth on Oct 9, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
updating: this is where I'm at right now. decided to finally drop the curse nodes and have more things. I'm organizing my stash to maybe find some decent rings and belts to make room for better jewels. the boots are still bad, looking to buy new ones, as well as all the other stuff.

thanks for the insights OP, and keep up the good work. thanks for helping me have more fun with PoE.

Cheers!
Wow that is a really deep thought :)

And about the Helm Enchantment, should i go for ED damage or Blight damage ?
Blight damage provides the most DPS. Due to the nature of ED/Cont/Blght, there are a lot of possibilities. ED damage, Contagion AoE, Temp Chains curse effect are all very good as well.
Hey Nedieth,

first of all, thanks for writing this build, i'm really interested into trying it, but I have a couple questions. As I have a nice Skin of the Loyal (2B 2G 1W 1R), i'm planning to buy what I need ahead. With the Skin of the Loyal, what do I need to focus on concerning defences, energy shield ? evasion ? Second question, is it worth it going LL without shav and with a Skin of the Loyal, I have approximatively 750c to spend on this char, thanks in advance if you can help.
"
Kozuc wrote:
Hey Nedieth,

first of all, thanks for writing this build, i'm really interested into trying it, but I have a couple questions. As I have a nice Skin of the Loyal (2B 2G 1W 1R), i'm planning to buy what I need ahead. With the Skin of the Loyal, what do I need to focus on concerning defences, energy shield ? evasion ? Second question, is it worth it going LL without shav and with a Skin of the Loyal, I have approximatively 750c to spend on this char, thanks in advance if you can help.

If you go LL with Skin (especially a +1 corrupted one) you gain a fuckton of damage, I have one in standard and I switch it @ Guardians and Shaper. You can do easy 30 seconds Minotaur and Phoenix runs, it's really funny and fast (and the final ES is amazing, slightly better than Shav's itself) until you know there is no chaos damage in your boss menu.
Last edited by djnat on Oct 10, 2017, 1:03:46 PM
The character is effectively ES/evasion/mana based in terms of defense (as long as you are MoM), so it is up to you what you choose to scale. If you want to actively make use of Skin's 100% increased defense, you will most likely be happier by scaling some additional ES. Personally, I would just use Skin as a swap slot like dj mentions, as there are so many other good options to provide good defense for mapping. Allelopathy can carry your single target anyway, so a 5L Cherrubim's or similar will do on a budget. I will always recommend getting good items all around instead of splashing all the money on an item like Shav's if you have a budget.

Keep in mind that going LL without Shav's will leave you dead every now and then when you mismanage Coruscating Elixir - assuming you use it.
Wanted to write another thank you for the Guide, this is basically my first season and I managed to get my Char to 92 following this build closely, awesome work dude and thanks a lot!

While playing, i often found myself wondering if a hybrid ES/Life build could work, since we pass by a lot of cheap options for good ES along the Baseline you layed out.
Have you ever played around with that, im still not really confident enough in my grasp of defensive mechanics, especially when it comes to ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info