[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Haven't played games in over 10 years. Been playing POE like this. Similar tree. Worked great until I started maps.

My gear is garbage ssf. That's basically my problem?

Or just cant play?
I just started using the totem for Wither so getting the hang of that. I'm up to level 72 now.

Just rolled some utility on flasks. I was using all speed buff ones. Made a difference
Hi @Nedieth tnx for your build and guide man, i'm really enjoying the idea of using perfect form and free arctic armour. I levelup to 91 with Ghazzy Tree but i decide to change to your build. So i buy all gears that i need for your build. In my old build my dps was like 88K tnx to these 3 gears:

Spoiler

But now in your build i can't use chest of course and that ring and amulet unfortunately :(

I haven't change my tree yet, but i check my dps in PoB with new gears and your tree my dps will be 71K (i configure both dps check with power charges and frenzy charges). Can you help me with this situation? Am i missing some stats on gears or i need more passive points? What should i do?
@Noctide, the first thing you should do is to decide if you want to focus on energy shield or life/mana. At the moment, your tree is kinda all over the place, as you take life clusters somewhere and skip life for ES clusters elsewhere. Your gear is currently focused towards ES, but when you play trickster, I would recommend to focus hard one either ES or life. Since you are SSF, it can be tricky to get a 5L and powerful uniques, so for now you should just focus on balancing your gear for the damage mitigation of your choice.

My recommendation is as follows:
First, I would drop the focus on energy shield completely. Getting a solid life pool is generally easier than making energy shield comfortable to play.

Suggested passive tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.2/AAAABAYCAQPuBAcEswceCPQOSA-rES0RLxGWE20UCRa_HNwdviL0JIsmiCaVKPorCiycMtEzhzY9OlhBh0VHRZ1JE0lPSVFMg0yzUq9TUlXGWrlcQF3yYeJn_GjyakNqjGwLbIxtGXDUdIF1nnaCfIN_xoLHg9uFMofLieCLDo8aj_qTH5MnlS6XLZeVl_Sa4J2qoS-iAKLZp5usmLDYtNG1SLcwtz64k7tNvKq86r6KwGbDOsgMyBTPFdi93V_mWOtj6-7wH_DV9W_31_mk-ej-Cg==?accountName=Noctide&characterName=ClotDrinker

Start getting respec points to make your tree look something like this, and focus on getting life and resists on gear. Level your Haku and Elreon masters as much as you can so you can craft resists and life on your gear.

Secondly, I would drop a few of your life flasks. If you can get a Stibnite, Jade and Quartz flask, you will be able to mitigate a lot of incoming damage.

When your gear is focused more towards life, you should start focusing you attention and currency on getting the key uniques for the build.

Add Sorcerer Gloves to your loot filter as a chance base, and spend your chance orbs on these.
Look for a 6 socket hybrid ES/evasion body armour that you can try to 5L. An itemlevel 72 Carnal Armour is a good place to start assuming you can make it up to t4 maps without the 5L.
Use Silver Coins to get prophecies. Breath of the Council can drop from the Plaguemaw chain, which will be a huge upgrade for you.

Hopefully you can manage the transition to a more focused life/mana build without too much pain. GL!

@HunterMoon, your jewelry is nice, but if you want to use The Perfect Form, you should swap it out. In 3.0, Ghazzy's and my build are virtually the same, but I focus a bit more on mitigation through dodge/evasion, and he focuses more on pure effective health. If you want to go with my approach, you might be forced to drop the additional curse so you can fit the required dexterity for The Perfect Form. ED DPS with Perfect Form will be lower, as you found in PoB, but in theory it should allow you to facetank better. By being able to stand still more, you can maximize DPS through Blight and realistically achieve faster kills.

If you still want to keep The Aylardex, you could grab a 30 dex node in the passive tree and just swap out the ring for one with a good dexterity roll. That should give you enough dex to equip the other body armour.
"
Nedieth wrote:

If you still want to keep The Aylardex, you could grab a 30 dex node in the passive tree and just swap out the ring for one with a good dexterity roll. That should give you enough dex to equip the other body armour.

Im ok with dropping Aylardex and as i said i already change my gears and equip new ones including Perfect form, the only change i have to do, is to respec some mana/ES/Life nodes in tree and grabbing some chaos dmg point, btw if get chaos dmg nodes in bottom of shadow tree and top of witch tree i will have 70K dps. I wonder how ppl get 90 - 100k dps with ED? What am i missing? I want at least have 90k dps with ED itself? Do i need more spell dmg on gears or jewels?
With The Perfect Form, I think I just have 80k DPS with ED unbuffed. That is with level 4 empower and 21/20 ED. I have spell damage rolls on my shield and amulet as well as jewels to achieve that. The most important part is the Blight DPS though. With 20/20 gems you should be able to get to 10.5k DPS ish, and with a full 21/20 11k is realistic. If you want your ED DPS to be higher, you need to go back to a Skin of the Loyal, as it will increase your ED DPS by about 30% compared to The Perfect Form.
Thanks for the input, will work on it. I put blasphemy on the temporal chains and that made a big difference.

Too bad I had just respect all that life out into es :(
Last edited by Noctide on Oct 17, 2017, 11:06:09 AM
You could go into Chaos Inoculation as well, but I would strongly advice against it with the current ES balance.
Love your guide. I've followed most parts of your guide but my dps seems pretty low at the moment (8K unbuffed). Leveling all my gems to level 20 should help a bit but what other things should I do to improve my dps?
@Nedieth

( nevermind, i'm a retard, didn't see the links was actually at the very start of your post)!

Any chance you'll release any videos of boss kills? guardians/atziri ?

Would be really awesome, since at this point, i'm 88 with 97% atlas completed and still never used blight (didn't have trouble so far with any map boss) ... but i'm assuming i'll need blight vs guardian bosses (this is my first league/first time playing PoE and its HC, so i'm somewhat scared hah)

Would love to get the jist of your positioning vs those bosses and timings.

Thanks for a fun build
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 21, 2017, 6:34:38 AM
Other than damage from gems/links, passive tree and shield/weapon, there isn't many substantial sources of damage. When you start feeling ED alone doesn't cut it any more, you can start supplementing with Blight. See if you can fit Allelopathy in the glove slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info