[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

You can play hybrid ES/life with this tree (and grab ES nodes instead of mana). I played a build like that in 2.4 as Trickster. You get a lot of effective health, and you can reserve more mana. However, you should play Occultist instead for a build like that, since Occultist is vastly superior when it comes to ES/life hybrids. Before this league, my last two ED chars were Occ, so I really wanted to play trickster again. Occultist does feel quite a lot slower than Trickster, but all in all it works very well.
Hey, I swapped my discharge character to try out your ED/contagion build and so far it's going well. Only issue I really have is running high tier maps (14+), where even with Blight it takes a while to kill the bosses. Do you mind looking at my character and telling me what I can improve on?

Thanks.
You still have Alira as a bandit choice I guess, as you have two passives less than your level suggests. Other than that, I can only see the jewel socket by the scion life wheel that is sub-optimal in your tree. Unless you need the 20 str, getting the jewel socket at Melding will save you a point for now (or just respec from Alira and get it).

I guess your Blight tooltip should be somewhere around 9k? With good Wither totem placement etc. you should be able to down t14-15 bosses in 6-7 sec? Character and tree looks good, so unless it is just that you are used to crazytown, all flasks, discharge explosions everywhere DPS, everything should be fine.
Yeah I've been meaning to respec from Alira for a bit, just kept forgetting, haha. Anyways it might just be me being too used to playing FoTM builds like barrage/cyclone that I wasn't used to the damage ED/contagion + Blight did.

Funny thing is that I just did shaper about five minutes ago with relative ease (dying a few times cause my ping spiked) so the DPS is definitely there. Think it'll get even better when I hit around 96 and have all the chaos damage nodes along with the last jewel unlocked. I noticed that bosses like Shaper/Guardians that they usually don't give you time to stand still and Blight them, so would you recommend swapping out my helm enchant with an ED one?

Overall, having a blast with this build. Thanks for the guide and for responding!
ED vs. Blight enchant is hard to say. On a boss like Shaper, he hyper armours quite often, so when you are unable to use Blight, the ED DoT also deals no damage. The more comfortable you get with combining all four of your core skills, the more powerful Blight will get relative to ED. On Phoenix for instance, I'd say ED damage is better, but for Hydra, it should be the other way around.

At least for me, this current setup of the character both feels very rewarding game-play wise, and is a strong character for all content in the game (once you get used to the fact that you don't have leech and actually need to play the game).
"
Nedieth wrote:
For me, that would be a HC/SC difference considering choice of ascendancies. Walk the Aether is really nice, but it removes the possibility to recover mana from movement skills from Weave the Arcane. This mana recovery is extremely handy if you take a big hit, go low on mana and shield charge away while crying like a little girl. These shield charges can help recovering your mana pool extremely fast. Not having Walk the Aether will also allow you to do no regen maps, as shield charge will recover enough mana for you to keep going without a mana flask.

On the flipside, going fast is fun. Consider Walk the Aether for SC!

Walk of the Aether Does NOT remove the possibility from getting mana back. i have walk of the aether and i spam shield charge on walls on no regen maps and i get mana back to problem. I also think he was asking about walk the aether vs ghost dancer. not walk vs weaver.
Last edited by Zedrico on Oct 16, 2017, 12:36:00 PM
Would you look at that. Thanks! I guesss I always just wanted to keep the mana cost of movement skills to activate the damage reduction, so I eventually became sure the other effect was dependant on using mana as well.
Haven't played games in over 10 years. Been playing POE like this. Similar tree. Worked great until I started maps.

My gear is garbage ssf. That's basically my problem?

Or just cant play?
I just started using the totem for Wither so getting the hang of that. I'm up to level 72 now.
You should set your characters to public. I cannot view them at the moment.
Me again sorry I'm clueless. Didn't know you could have your char on the forum here so I made a forum account.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info