[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

after ZO's location change how do you find Sovereignty aura nodes? you don't have to spend points to go there and more reservation can be useful.
Ok thanks for the advice guys. Low rolls of Consuming Dark were around 10c yesterday so I just spent 1c on an Opal Wand and 12c on an Essence of Delirium to get

Still has a slot for Spell Damage master craft too, was wondering if I should just use the level 5 mod? Doesn't seem like 10% more spell damage is worth 4c for this item

Damage was never a problem but I'm clearing even faster now, to the point where my DPS is way ahead of my defenses and I'm gonna rip myself if I don't slow down :P I'm clearing tier 6 maps with my dumpster fire gear so... nicebuild™ confirmed I guess, it's pretty amazing how hard dual defensive blasphemy carries you

Do we still use the Poison gem with a Decay weapon?
Last edited by Trentemoller on Mar 7, 2017, 12:22:43 PM
Sovereignty does get more interesting for us now, and is a great buff to our clarity, discipline and curse radius. I have not picked it up, since I don't feel that I need the mana reservation part of it, and thus feel that the rest of the points are a bit wasted relative to ranger projectile nodes. It is still a strong node if you want to focus more on auras and maybe add a few more (combine it with the one under Vaal Pact, and we are looking at some serious aura potential in just 7 points).

@Trentemoller: You can still use a poison gem when you have a decay weapon, but I would use one that directly increases your damage. The damage from decay scales with the gems in your link as well, so you will notice a nice dps increase from it. If you feel that it is too boring applying an ED and then just run around for a few seconds while waiting for bosses to die, you could still use poison to open up the potential to nuke targets again. Using poison will leave you with worse DPS when the ED spreads.
I've been thinking about running Projectile Weakness as second curse for the increased proj dmg + the prierce is a nice added bonus, but i never heard of anyone using it on ED builds.. what do you think?
I am quite sure that Projectile Weakness only scales the initial hit of ED, and not the DoT component as the ED hits the enemy. This does not make it completely useless however, as it will increase the potential poison damage we can do. In the end, Proj. Weakness only works for single target with poison and is extremely niche for ED.

There is a slight chance that I am wrong on this one though.
Just swapped over to CI after selling a lucky 6L Quill rain. Picked up a Heretic's before reading the 2.6 update, but don't really regret it as I'm in hardcore. How would you progress from here? I have 7k ES at level 81 and still need to get the regrets for passive point from Oak. Biggest goal currently is to farm currency for low life, but not sure how to go about it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, a thing to note is that I haven't taken shade form yet and I'm struggling with mana without the leech enchant.
Last edited by AuraZed on Mar 7, 2017, 9:36:52 PM
"
Nedieth wrote:
I am quite sure that Projectile Weakness only scales the initial hit of ED, and not the DoT component as the ED hits the enemy. This does not make it completely useless however, as it will increase the potential poison damage we can do. In the end, Proj. Weakness only works for single target with poison and is extremely niche for ED.

No, you aren't wrong.

Proj weakness only scales the initial ED hit, so it's pretty poor when compared to Vulnerability which scales ED's damage over time component, poison damage and decay damage.
"

"
No, you aren't wrong.

Proj weakness only scales the initial ED hit, so it's pretty poor when compared to Vulnerability which scales ED's damage over time component, poison damage and decay damage.

Thank you for clarifying. For some reason I looked over the fact that it doesnt scale the damage over time xD
"
AuraZed wrote:
Just swapped over to CI after selling a lucky 6L Quill rain. Picked up a Heretic's before reading the 2.6 update, but don't really regret it as I'm in hardcore. How would you progress from here? I have 7k ES at level 81 and still need to get the regrets for passive point from Oak. Biggest goal currently is to farm currency for low life, but not sure how to go about it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, a thing to note is that I haven't taken shade form yet and I'm struggling with mana without the leech enchant.

The mana issues is the biggest problem the CI version has. It is simply too much to fit Clarity when you also want dual curse and Discipline. When I first go CI, I usually end up running with a mana flask. When you get a leech enchant on boots, you no longer need the mana flask for general map clearing, but you might want to keep it for bosses. As CI you have a lot of room for suffixes that are not resists on your gear (rare body armour), so I try to get around 100% increased mana regen from my items. With decay I feel this is a pretty comfortable level.

You should see nearly a thousand extra ES when you get your fourth ascendancy. CI ED Trickster is surprisingly budget and tanky.

I used my delirium on wand:

And I regret it now. I should use it on dagger instead, without cast speed flame dash feels slow and when I tried unlinked shield charge it was much smoother (would be even better with atk speed linked).

Also I could use Consuming Dark together with decay when shield not needed.
Last edited by Asag on Mar 8, 2017, 10:15:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info