[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Has anyone done any math using
?

The tooltip damage is pretty high with this, but I think the dot damage will go down.

I'm using
, which I think is about as good as you can get as far as DoT damage is concerned.
What are your thoughts on Skin of the Loyal?

I was planning on using it. It's pretty cheap, and the +1 gems is really strong, since it buffs Empower and ED.

I'd have to make a couple of changes though, I think I'll drop the heretic's veil and pick up a good Hubris Circlet with resists. I shouldn't have aura reservation problems anyways with 16% reduction on the tree. I think I'll also try to pick up a Doedre's Damning for 3 total curses, since I want as much damage as possible for Shaper.

Here's the tree I plan to use: www.poeurl.com/ZRF (It's pretty much the same thing, just a couple of minor changes)

My main concern is having enough damage for end game content like Shaper.
I know Occultist is better for damage. D:
But I'll lose the smoothness and speed from Trickster, and Profane Bloom will get in the way.
Last edited by Thunder71 on Jan 11, 2017, 10:48:26 PM
"
Thunder71 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Skin of the Loyal?

I was planning on using it. It's pretty cheap, and the +1 gems is really strong, since it buffs Empower and ED.

I'd have to make a couple of changes though, I think I'll drop the heretic's veil and pick up a good Hubris Circlet with resists. I shouldn't have aura reservation problems anyways with 16% reduction on the tree. I think I'll also try to pick up a Doedre's Damning for 3 total curses, since I want as much damage as possible for Shaper.

Here's the tree I plan to use: www.poeurl.com/ZRF (It's pretty much the same thing, just a couple of minor changes)

My main concern is having enough damage for end game content like Shaper.
I know Occultist is better for damage. D:
But I'll lose the smoothness and speed from Trickster, and Profane Bloom will get in the way.

I just did shaper like 20 minutes ago. At OP said, you really just need to have about 55-60k dot, and use abysall cry. The only thing that's going to get you dead in this fight, is letting zana die in phase 1 or 2. If you can keep her alive until phase 3, and not use any portals until then - you'll kil shaper. Its very hard to keep her alive in P3. When I have charges and flasks running my dot damage is close to 95k, and I still can't keep zana alive in P3. But, I can kill shaper. When she dies in P3, jus zone to town and come back down - sit in your 30 second immunity until the balls stop flying.

Flasks are not even optimized, gear is nothing super special - except the bow and maybe the helmet.
Last edited by JSquiggle on Jan 11, 2017, 11:23:57 PM
So basically you need to be an Occultist to do Shaper runs as ED? Or else it seems that you need to fully min/max a Trickster then. Even then the fight seems pretty challenging as a min/maxed Trickster.

Ah well, it's totally fine if builds can't do everything. I'm sure Uber Atziri is quite easy though with the build.

"
Thunder71 wrote:
So basically you need to be an Occultist to do Shaper runs as ED? Or else it seems that you need to fully min/max a Trickster then. Even then the fight seems pretty challenging as a min/maxed Trickster.

Ah well, it's totally fine if builds can't do everything. I'm sure Uber Atziri is quite easy though with the build.

I'm a trickster - never played as an occultist to be honest with you, so I dont really know.

Uber Atziri is very easy with this build. Shaper is not really easy, but its not really hard either. Once you understand the mechanics, this build can do it. The only real issue is dealing enough damage to take her down before you get overwhelmed with vortexes. I take out enfeeble and run Vuln for her fight.
Last edited by JSquiggle on Jan 12, 2017, 9:59:32 AM
Alright, I am very confused at this point. I have no idea how you guys are getting to 50k dot damage or even 20k for that matter. I know my gear isn't great, but I spent what I had buying pieces for it (about 5ex). But I can't get over 13k on dot damage.

This is my first season playing PoE, third char this season, and I really like his playstyle and this guide was great. But am I missing some major game mechanic here? I struggle through T11 very slowly, and there's no way for me to go higher at the moment.

Any Tips?

Spoiler

Last edited by CaptainDune on Jan 13, 2017, 6:45:29 AM
Post your gear mate, cant give much advice without it.

As a rule of thumb though, your tooltip will be low until you get 6L shavs.. on the plus side as soon as you get heretics veil, you can run t12-14 maps deathlessly with CI and delirium weapon..
"
Xyel wrote:
Post your gear mate, cant give much advice without it.

As a rule of thumb though, your tooltip will be low until you get 6L shavs.. on the plus side as soon as you get heretics veil, you can run t12-14 maps deathlessly with CI and delirium weapon..

Thanks for the response, had to learn how to post gear. But it's done now. And I do have heretics, so I am curious for some criticism here.

Passive tree was almost exactly followed to the tee on what the guide suggested.
At first look, what is really good is to put 20q blasphemy into the heretics veil - will give 10% increased curse effect and more aoe to the curses, making them more potent at very little cost. Otherwise, what is the problem you are facing? The tooltip is from not having 6L shavronnes wrapping and there isnt much you can do about the damage without it as the item is the gateway to large damage (6L + pain attunement makes it skyrocket).

After 6L shavs, the next step is 20/20 gems with 21/20 ED (yes, thats expensive and Im not there yet with my casual ass)... after that, I guess empower 4 instead of pierce)

Second thing that boosts the damage a lot it getting witchfire brew and doedre´s damning ring to apply vulnerability curse from the potion (gives a large damage spike)... or alternatively run a more curse-focused tree with 3 curses in the veil (thats what I am running and loving it - for inspiration, you can check my tree as I got characters public on the account).
"
Xyel wrote:
At first look, what is really good is to put 20q blasphemy into the heretics veil - will give 10% increased curse effect and more aoe to the curses, making them more potent at very little cost. Otherwise, what is the problem you are facing? The tooltip is from not having 6L shavronnes wrapping and there isnt much you can do about the damage without it as the item is the gateway to large damage (6L + pain attunement makes it skyrocket).

After 6L shavs, the next step is 20/20 gems with 21/20 ED (yes, thats expensive and Im not there yet with my casual ass)... after that, I guess empower 4 instead of pierce)

Second thing that boosts the damage a lot it getting witchfire brew and doedre´s damning ring to apply vulnerability curse from the potion (gives a large damage spike)... or alternatively run a more curse-focused tree with 3 curses in the veil (thats what I am running and loving it - for inspiration, you can check my tree as I got characters public on the account).

Okay, thanks for the tips. Looking at shav's though, I gotta say, I don't understand why it provides any DPS upgrades. What am I missing? There's nothing on it that makes me think "this is it." Besides the obvious 6L that is.

And will that really account for a jump from 13k to the 50, 60 or even 95k that some people are seeing?

Thanks again for the tips.

EDIT: Also, why put blasphemy in a socket if my helm is throwing a lvl 22 blasphemy on the curse gems already?
Last edited by CaptainDune on Jan 13, 2017, 7:13:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info