[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
hushpuppi3 wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:
Also for anyone interested, I stopped being lazy and did the math and, with delirium weapon, the damage relationship of 6th link is empower lvl4 > 20/20 pierce > empower lvl3

is that with ED at level 20 or level 21?

Both. Although in retrospect thats the damage on the initial target, but since the delirium doesnt spread through contagion, empower 3 will lead to faster map clearing speed but slower boss killing speed compared to 20/20 pierce... making it more of a decision.
"
JSquiggle wrote:

Flasks are not even optimized, gear is nothing super special - except the bow and maybe the helmet.

How is Dying Sun for clearing? The AoE and free extra projectiles all seem like they'd add some serious clearing potential
Added a few old recordings of guardian fights in the "Recordings" section. Also added a "Weapon setups" section where I briefly discuss the options we have when it comes weapons. Hope this clarifies something. If you feel there is something lacking, please leave a comment.
"
hushpuppi3 wrote:
"
JSquiggle wrote:

Flasks are not even optimized, gear is nothing super special - except the bow and maybe the helmet.

How is Dying Sun for clearing? The AoE and free extra projectiles all seem like they'd add some serious clearing potential

It just langiappe, never had any issues what-so-ever with clearing packs. It just makes contagion bigger, spreads farther. I can't tell you the number of times ive had to walk for a good 8 seconds to find mobs alive after a spread.

I think I need to use dual wield consuming dark on shaper to kill trash better instead of the +1 bow. Although the dot damage is higher, a lot higher, I think that keeping zana alive with extra damage to the trash is the important part.
https://youtu.be/DCsX3qITcyM?t=7m18s

this pretty much shows off how powerful poison stacking is. the decay bow setup is really strong, but can never get close to this kind of DPS on shaper.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 15, 2017, 2:11:04 PM
"
Nedieth wrote:

this pretty much shows off how powerful poison stacking is. the decay bow setup is really strong, but can never get close to this kind of DPS on shaper.

Thats what I was leaning towards. I know the bow is strong but - the damage with poison stacking seems too strong for shaper. Going to try that now.
Hi, first of all great guide, I’m having a blast playing this, thanks to you and ProjectPT’s guide.

I’m a completely new poe player, started in breach softcore, and this is my third char (first one was a BV assassin, got to merc dried lake and stopped as I HATED the BV playstyle. Then went phys 2hand flicker slayer, super fun and great feeling, until I hit a wall vs mid/high tier bosses. At which point I did some -more- research and decided for ED as a build that should be able to do all content)

I was able to clear up to T14/15 trash easily with a 5L beast fur shawl and a mediocre 25c delirium wand (abyssal cry mandatory T12 and above though), but struggled hard vs T14+ bosses, I think I died 4 times vs Rigwald (with some hard mods though).

I just recently dumped essentially all my currency into a 6L shav, it’s night and day now, I practically don’t even need abyssal cry anymore, and bosses go down way faster. Uul-Netol down deathless (used a couple of portals though). Still haven’t attempted guardians.

Besides lvl3 empower, what do you guys suggest be my next priorities? Profile is public

I guess presence of chayula -> lvl21 ED / lvl4 empower -> better wand -> better ES+Res gear to go triple curse with the Doedre ring?

At what tooltip values should I feel comfortable to attempt guardians/chayula? I’m broke now and have only a couple of hydra lairs and one chayula breachstone at the moment, so don’t want to waste them. I’m at around 34k dot with witchfire brew and sulfur flask on (EDIT: and no frenzy charges. I got the +1 charge bandit bonus in merc though, but had to respec out of the +1 node in the tree for better passives).

A few other random questions/thoughts:
1) Might it be worth to go for the void barrier notable?
2) If dropping voidwalkers and going for the pierce nodes (through the +1 frenzy nodes) , is the shield cluster close by worth the point investments? 80% more ES on a shield seems a lot
3) If going for poison (or dual wield poison+decay) can I somehow fit in some increased duration passives? I wouldn’t know what to remove for them, they are pretty far away. If I understand correctly though they should massively increase poison damage.

Thanks
Last edited by unciuchino on Jan 16, 2017, 9:04:44 AM
From what I understand, right now your problem is damage... lack of thereof, respectively. For that, what will make a large difference:

0) You are having 2 sources of pierce - the boots and pierce gem, which is redundant. Just changing the pierce into slower projectiles nets 10% more damage modifier on ED, which makes quite a difference. (personally, I play without any source of pierce and have noticed no decrease to my gameplay comfort when going from pierce support to empower while using rare boots)
1) rearranging gear (if you can do it easily) so you can fit in doedre´s ring - vulnerability adds a LOT of damage to everything since its a multiplier of total... this could be relatively cheap
2) 21/20 ED + empower 4 - I did the update recently (yesterday) and went with dot from about 37k to 47k (no charges no flasks, just standing in the hideout)

Personally, I would change pierce gem into slower projectiles, dump the shaper boots for rare boots with ES/resistances and thus make space for doedre´s ring (since you have all passives to use 3 curses already)

To the random thoughts - dual wield is imo only good vs shaper, which is a very specific fight. For everything else, wand + shield is more than enough damage and way more survival.

Also... I found that having under 9K ES is rather dangerous. But I dont know - you tree is more focused on potions while mine more on regen + curses (char is public as well), so I might be having an easier time at long attrition fights like Rigwald simply because I regenerate out of the random damage that jumps at you from all over the map.
Last edited by Xyel on Jan 16, 2017, 11:01:41 AM
"
JSquiggle wrote:
"
Nedieth wrote:

Thats what I was leaning towards. I know the bow is strong but - the damage with poison stacking seems too strong for shaper. Going to try that now.

Ok so i've switched to consuming dark and it feels way better for bursting. I'm working on a heretics veil now with 40% ED.

Question though, do you know if the singularity debuff works on shaper for 60-80% more damage? Wither creates that effect and we know shes capable of being withered. Any idea?
Last edited by JSquiggle on Jan 16, 2017, 11:53:36 AM
Checked the wiki for the exact wording on Singularity: "(60-80)% increased Damage against Hindered Enemies". Since it is we that do increased damage against hindered enemies, and not hindered enemies that take increased damage from us, I have always interpreted Singularity equal to a spell damage roll. I might be wrong on that, but I don't think so. Singularity is still quite nice for us since wither does, as you say, apply hinder. Breath of the Council is simply superior as a stat stick imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info