[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

"
So I've recently have been enjoying the build and for the most part was running chieftain. However I noticed the only parts of chieftain I really cared about was the split armor to totems and distraction, and I figured if I went berserker I would gain loads of dps + life/mana steal. I fully respec'd out of chieftain and went berserker gaining up to 90k dps without buffs but I noticed a problem very quickly. For some reason my lifesteal was pretty much non-existant and the mana steal didn't seem to work at all. Is the 1% totem lifesteal from chieftain the only way to lifesteal with warchief? Does this mean I'm going to need to get another 40 regrets? ugh...

You have War Bringer ascendancy right? Recover 25% mana/life after you use a war cry. Pretty much never out of mana and its a free instant potion as well.
So I got a set of gloves with vuln corruption but with 3R 1B sockets. I guess I need to drop Vall Lightning trap and was looking for ideas for the 4th red socket. NOthing is really jumping out at me other than Vaal Molten shell for extra defences. It will be linked with inc AoE and inc Duration.
"
droppagrogan wrote:
So I got a set of gloves with vuln corruption but with 3R 1B sockets. I guess I need to drop Vall Lightning trap and was looking for ideas for the 4th red socket. NOthing is really jumping out at me other than Vaal Molten shell for extra defences. It will be linked with inc AoE and inc Duration.

Use Vorici 8 to recolor gloves if the current colors aren't to your liking.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
droppagrogan wrote:

Use Vorici 8 to recolor gloves if the current colors aren't to your liking.

Yup, thats what I did. You need 1 vaal orb per 1 currency used. So if you want 2 blues you also need 25 vaals in addition to 25 chroms.
IGN: DabrixRN
Thanks. Didn't know about that mechanic :)
First of all thank you for this build, it is one of the best build i have ever played. Which nodes u suggest to add after lvl 90? I'm thinking about Bloodletting, it will be good choice?

Here is my curent gear. I can play T15 maps easly.
Last edited by qbatronix on Nov 1, 2016, 3:51:13 PM
"
Srid wrote:
"
So I've recently have been enjoying the build and for the most part was running chieftain. However I noticed the only parts of chieftain I really cared about was the split armor to totems and distraction, and I figured if I went berserker I would gain loads of dps + life/mana steal. I fully respec'd out of chieftain and went berserker gaining up to 90k dps without buffs but I noticed a problem very quickly. For some reason my lifesteal was pretty much non-existant and the mana steal didn't seem to work at all. Is the 1% totem lifesteal from chieftain the only way to lifesteal with warchief? Does this mean I'm going to need to get another 40 regrets? ugh...

You have War Bringer ascendancy right? Recover 25% mana/life after you use a war cry. Pretty much never out of mana and its a free instant potion as well.

No I took the other Cloaked in Savagery or whatever it is because I figured all the bonus dps + life/mana steal would work with the totem. In particular I wanted the mana steal. ;-; Well guess I'm still going to need ATLEAST 10 Regrets, maybe 20. :')
TuckingFypo,
Read the wording carefully:

Chieftain: 1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life
Berserker: 1% of Damage Leeched as Life

Chieftain's totems leech life for the player. In case of berserker, you'd have to do damage yourself to leech and since it is totems that are doing all the damage and not you, you don't get any leech.

I am playing warchief as berserker though and while totems are not as tanky, dps is crazy and i have no problems up to T15.

As a berserker you should take: Aspect of carnage (huge dps boots), War Bringer (for mana issues and also free instant potion), Rite of Ruin (since you never kill anything, you get permanent 25% attack speed bonus).
Last edited by lyyrie on Nov 1, 2016, 6:32:40 PM
"
lyyrie wrote:
TuckingFypo,
Read the wording carefully:

Chieftain: 1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life
Berserker: 1% of Damage Leeched as Life

Chieftain's totems leech life for the player. In case of berserker, you'd have to do damage yourself to leech and since it is totems that are doing all the damage and not you, you don't get any leech.

I am playing warchief as berserker though and while totems are not as tanky, dps is crazy and i have no problems up to T15.

As a berserker you should take: Aspect of carnage (huge dps boots), War Bringer (for mana issues and also free instant potion), Rite of Ruin (since you never kill anything, you get permanent 25% attack speed bonus).

Is it the same for example with the Splitting Strikes Node?

''Physical attack damage leeched as life'' is applied to us OR to the totems?

Thanks!
"
XiEtti wrote:

Is it the same for example with the Splitting Strikes Node?

''Physical attack damage leeched as life'' is applied to us OR to the totems?

Thanks!

Same, it is applied to totems.

In general, look at totem as a separate being - it kills, it does physical (or other) damage, therefore it leeches. You just stand around dealing no damage. If you yourself do not deal any physical damage, you do not get life leech for that node.

You can only get life leech for yourself from totem damage if you take nodes that specifically say "Damage dealt by totems leeched as life for you" or something along those lines, as is the case with chieftain's ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info