[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

Build Updates:

BUILD is discontinued!

After carefully testing all upcoming changes in 3.0 Path of Building, I can safely say that this build is almost dead in its entirety. The dependency on double dipping was too high and right now there is no workaround. Many of the uniques that made this build great (disfavour/voidheart) have become much less powerful.

If youre desperate for a build that can farm all content and will get buffed in 3.0 and is quite affordable you can check my Character Gornodd_Raider. I will leave the character intact with all its items.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GornoDD/characters

This is the Full PoE-Builder Guide since in 3.0 my raider got reset.

https://pastebin.com/h16Jhejx

But I will not answer any questions ingame or by pn. You need to decode the gem-links and adjust the skill tree in 3.0 yourself

Pros:

- fast clearspeed
- incredible Bosskiller
- infinite sustain
- perfect as a League Starter build
- fantastic "Magic Find" capabilites
- good scaling from cheap to high currency gear

Cons:

- Final Form of the Build is expensive
- Life Based > wich requires you to dodge Stuff

FAQ:

Spoiler
Regarding Facebreakers:

Q: Why not go Facebreaker instead of Two Handed Weapons, cause I have seen Facebreaker builds with 2 Million DPS?
A: This build has as much if not much more DPS in the right circumstances. But we scale alot of non-tooltip dps in form of "damage over time". However my tooltip dps can spike up to 600k wich is 1,2 million for both totems.

Q:But isnt Facebreaker a much cheaper, beginner friendly build. Your build has some very expensive uniques.
A: It depends on what you consider cheap. Facebreakers require many unique items that dont have resists. To make the build somewhat tanky and viable for the hardest content you need to have some very expensive rare items wich sometimes surpass the cost of a Disfavour Axe.

Q: But isnt Facebreaker much tankier. After all youre using a Shield?
A: To get DPS going you need to take "Great old Ones Ward", wich has very bad defenses and low block chance. Most uniques in the typical Breaker build have very bad defenses. Facebreaker also involves having the Abyssus Helmet wich lets to take 40% increased physical damage. You need to have some very good pieces of armour to make up for that.

Q: But why do you hate on Facebreaker Builds so much. Are they really that bad?
A: ABSOLUTELY NOT! They are VERY powerful. The Front Load damage they generate cant be matched by my build. When it comes to farming Uber-Atziri it outshines my build by quite a bit.

Regarding Benchmarks for Bosses:

Q: So when I can I start farming Uber Lab with full Keys?
A: Full key runs can vary a lot in difficulty. Some mods like Conduits or Gargoyles can have alot of oneshot potential. For Uber Lab I would consider about 30k Dps enough to

Q: How much for Uber Atziri?
A: About 90k is enough, but requires double totems at one spot tactics for double vaals and is a very sketchy. Ill recommend more like 120k-140k for safe farming runs.

Q: When can I do Shaper?
A: If you can take down Uber Atziri you should be able to kill Shaper as well. However you need to learn how the fight works, cause its a much more skill based encounter.

Regarding Items:

Q: Is Voidheart still good enough for this build in its nerfed form?
A: Yes it is, and still provides a substantial dps boost. However you need to get as much poison chances as possible on its rolls.

Q: Is Starforge a better choice as a Weapon than Disfavour?
A: No its not. It has too many downsides to justify its use. The fact that it cant deal elemental damage and doesnt have +2 to support doesnt justify its about 18% more physical damage. Also it lacks a 100% bleed chance, wich is very important for the nerfed voidheart to reliably apply poison.

Video Section (including Shaper/Uber etc):

Spoiler

How to set your Goals for Endgame:

Spoiler

To get your Character ready for tackling Bosses like Uber-Atziri, Guardians and Shaper you need to know what your investing your hard earned currency for.

Goal 1:
Reach level 90 by using pretty much any good dps Axe you can find for not more than 1-20 chaos

Goal 2:
Start looking for an Axe that has at least 450 dps. This should make you Full Key Uber-Lab farming ready

Goal 3:
Get a 6L Armour (best Brass Dome) or use "Bringer of Rain" as an alternative (check Budget Warchief Section)

Goal 4:
Get your Full Offensive Flask Setup going

Goal 5:
Get a Atziris Disfavour (maybe your can kill her yourself already)

Goal 6:
Get the Full Flask Setup going with Witchfire Brew

Goal 7:
Get yourself a Voidheart Ring with as much Poison Chance as possible and replace the Posion Gem with Rapid Decay

Goal 8:
Get some Corrupted "vulnerability on hit" Verusos Gloves and replace Witchfire Brew with Taste of Hate.

What my Endgame Setup looks like:

Spoiler

This is the Gear I used to kill the Shaper (deatless):

This is the Talent Tree

Offensive Stats

Defensive Stats

Core Items/Minimum Requirements:

Spoiler

Fortunately None! but...

To fully bring this build to life a Atziris Disfavour
and Gloves with "curse vulnerability on hit" are recommended.

But I dont have these expensive Items! What should I do?
Spoiler

I got you covered Buddy!

There is a League Starter section down below with budget friendly gear (about 100 chaos) that enables you to bridge the gap for obtaining endgame-gear perfectly. It enables safe and easy uber lab and atziri farming and even can kill most of the hardest content like guardians already (I actually killed shaper with it on my last portal).

Gear + Explanation:

Spoiler

Armour:

Brass Dome is the way to go. You could use Belly of the Beast but It lacks enough real protection for highest level content.

Bringer of Rain replaces a 6L Requirement for an Armour (Also see my gear in the Budget Warchief Section for further info).

Weapon:

Disfavour is pretty much the Backbone of this Build. A good rare weapon can be a stepping stone leading up to this.

Helmet:

Devotos is perfect for us, cause were looking for Damage and Movement speed. It also has very high defensive stats and add that tiny extra chaos resist.

Gloves:

Verusos are the perfect Gloves for this Build. They offer high Armour, Attack speed and Shock immunity. The Corruption with Vulnerability is a End-Game goal you should go for.

Boots + Belt:

Try to go for as much Life and Resistances as possible.

Rings + Amulet:

Voidheart or especially Legacy-Voidheart is best in Slot for this build. As discused in the Links section there are certain rules to follow when using these (read gems and links first). Your looking for mostly Life and Resistances and Attack Speed or Physical Damage.

Flasks:

These are preferred If you already have the "Vulnerability on hit" corruption on your gloves. If you dont have it, you replace your "Taste of Hate" with this:

Witchfire Brew is a very good substitute for until you get Vuln on Gloves. In fact Taste of Hate is only a slight upgrade damage wise.

Jewels:

Gems life this are pretty good. There are certain stats your looking for like Totem Damage that "Double Dip" for our posion/bleed setup. So look for these in this order:
%Life > Totem Damage > Area Damge = Increased Damage >> Attack Speed >>> Physical Damage (all kinds eg. Physical with Axes) + Increased Melee Damage > Bonus Stats like Intelligence or Resist

Magic Find Section

Spoiler
So here I make some recommendations for Magic Find Gear and how to Socket Gems.

You should also look for rares that have Item Rarity to fully bring this to life.

Gems (note that Rarity is only available in Standard):

Links in your Armour will be:

Ancestral Warchierf > Faster Attacks > Melee Physical Damage > Posion > Item Rarity > Item Quanity/Melee Damage on full Life

Gems and Links:

Spoiler

Armor (this is your 6L Setup):

Spoiler
Ancestral Warchierf > Faster Attacks > Melee Physical Damage > Posion Support > Increased Aoe > Melee Damage on Full Life

Attention!!!: You might wonder why we put all our links into the Armour instead of the Axe. The reason is that even with +2 supports we only get about 5k dps if we put all gems into the Axe. While we can use 3 auras instead of just 2 if we target our enlighten( to +5) gem with the Disfavour bonus. So we can run Arctic Armour, Herald of Ash and Hatred with enough mana to comfortably cast our totems.

We swap Increased AoE for Concentrated Effect against bosses.

ATTENTION!!! If you own Voidheart:

You need to aim for a high Posion roll and you swap out the Poison Gem for Rapid Decay

In 4L of Disfavour:

Spoiler

ATTENTION!!! Aura Setup: This has to placed in your Disfavour Axe! This is, so that the Englighten (that has to be level 3 already) Gem gets affected by +2 Level of Supports that is exclusive to the Disfavour Axe. This allows enough Mana Reservation to run the three Auras mentioned here.

Hatred > Herald of Ash > Arctic Armour > Enlighten Support

In 2L of Disfavour:

Spoiler
CWDT + Summon Flame Golem

Lazy mans option for golem uptime :). You have to decide yourself how far you want to Level him for ideal Uptime.

Other 4L:

Spoiler
CWDT(MaxLvL) + Immortal Call + Vaal Haste + Increased Duration

This is our Cast when Damage Taken Setup. Its on Max Level to ensure we benefit longer off our Endurance Charges when using Verusos Battaring Rams for Shock Immunity.

also:

Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Enduring Cry

This is the Movement Setup that also ensures Enduring Cry to be Off Mana costs to allow for constant spam with War Bringer.

Rallying Cry + Increased Area of Effect + Vaal Lightning Trap + Increased Duration

This is to maximise the radius of Rallying Cry and ensure Lightning Trap to be up longer. Duration gives both a longer uptime.

Budget Warchief < 100c - ready for farming Uber-Lab and Guardians

Spoiler
Here Id like to show you a very cheap gear alternative that is totally ready for farming Uber lab and even tier 16 maps. The tatal cost for me was about 80c but may ofc vary. Also this doesnt include 20/20 Gems (I was too lazy to level new ones). I prize checked everything like if I was in Breach SC.Also it depdens how far you are into the league.

As a passive tree I recommend the "Belly of the Beast" version for SC or "Brass Dome" for HC! Check the "Endgame Trees Section" for that.

A list of the Cost:

Helmet: ~ 10c in Breach SC
Gloves: ~ 5c in Breach SC
Boots: ~ 8c
Ring 1: ~ 10c
Ring 2: ~ 6c
Amulet: cant find similar (but mine cost me 15c in Standard)
Belt: ~ 2c
Weapon: ~ 10c
Flasks Total: ~ 30c

Total ~ < 100c

Offense in Hideout with Totems + Auras + Conc + Poison Gem:

Defense:

Def/DPS Stats:

Spoiler

In hideout with totems up

Offense: Conc + Added Fire (not recommended! its just for dps bragging)

Defense: note the 84% movement speed

Leveling and Progression:

Spoiler

Here you find all the detail how to spend your points along the way. Your always welcome to changes things to your liking, depending how fast or slow you are going.

Bandits:

Oak/Oak(or passive if prefered)/Passive

23 Points:

We start out with Fire Storm + Fire Trap for quick leveling in Act1. This way you can progress Act1 pretty fast. We grab resolute technique. This allows you to use skills like Ground Slam for leveling, but Firestorm can carry you to Act3 with ease.

35 Points:

We grab Ancestral Bond straight away and transition into Double Ancestral Warchief. FireStorm and Fire Trap still serve mostly as our leveling skills. But youre free to choose whatever is to your liking.

50 Points:

Totemic Mastery is our next Goal to strenghten our Warchiefs. Also we go for Amplify to smoothen out the leveling process and clearspeed with more damage and aoe.

75 Points:

Unwavering Stance is our next big Goal. Many asked me why we even pick it up, but Berserker doesnt cover the full spectrum of Stuns in the game, like the ones that come from bosses. Next its time to travel to the Duelist Area and pick some Axe Damage as well as Weapon Range along the way.

101 Points:

We complete the Base Tree with some more Life nodes and Jewel slots. This a Points where the Endgame begins and you need to make decisions what Armour you want to pick up like Brass Dome or Belly fo the Beast. The according Finals Trees are in the following section. There you find a good amount of detail regarding your possibilites.

Full Endgame Passive Tree/Bandits/Ascendencies:

Spoiler

ATTENTION!!! There are two diffrent versions of a Endgame tree:

There is one for Using Belly of the Beast:

Belly Tree Level 91

And there is one for Using The Brass Dome:

Brass Dome Tree Level 91

Ascendencies:

Berserker:

This is what Im playing at the moment. "War Bringer" is a fantastic node that gives the Beserker almost ulimited sustain and burst heal when combined with instant life Flasks. This also helps you alot if youre having trouble finding "mana regenartion on rings". Also Crave the Slaughter and Aspekt of Carnage provide a MASSIVE dps boost. For the highest tiers of concent this ascendency is prefered over the others cause it makes fights like Shaper alot easier. At this point this is the recommended Ascendency!

Crave of Slaughter -> Aspekt of Carnage -> War Bringer -> Rite of Ruin

Chieftain:

At this point I dont recommend Chieftain anymore. It has not enough dps to take down the major bosses if you dont have best in slot gear. If your have ISANE items you can consider it.

Arohongui -> Tukohama -> Nghmagu -> Hinekora

Bandits:

Oak/Oak(or passive if preferred)/Passive

Last but not Least:

Ponential Level 100 Tree:

This Tree is tailored towards "The Brass Dome". Above level 91 there are are some good options for developing your armour count further, like "Armour Master" and the Armour Jewel socket. Also we grab some more life and take "Path of the Warrior" as the last node (I know its a bit underwhelming but no other single node is more effiecient at this stage).

Last edited by GornoDD on Aug 9, 2017, 12:58:06 PM
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2017, 5:11:33 AM
Why chieftain over berserker? Offers more survivality?

Interesting build.

Thanks for share it.
"
k33s69 wrote:
Why chieftain over berserker? Offers more survivality?

Interesting build.

Thanks for share it.

Right now it clearly Berserker over Chieftain. I switched over lately and it just performs much better. I also edited the guide to make that clear.
Last edited by GornoDD on Dec 13, 2016, 4:54:39 AM
Im sure the build will do fine but it feels to me its a sad day when a melee character has to stricktly using melee totems instead of actually getting into the fight themselves. Seems like its time for a dramatic increase in defensive mechanics.
"
ColeonePS wrote:
Im sure the build will do fine but it feels to me its a sad day when a melee character has to stricktly using melee totems instead of actually getting into the fight themselves. Seems like its time for a dramatic increase in defensive mechanics.

the only thing we melee lovers need is a better mechanic for single target skills (wich are useless compared to all aoe skills) and way more dmg. the 5% buffs are a joke, EQ will still be BiS.

btw great build ;)
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
ColeonePS wrote:

Well I really enjoy dual totem playstyle. On the other hand there are some pretty amazing viable melee builds.

Check out Mathils latest Lacerate Build for example. It farms Uber and Core with ease.

I made a Bino Reave build with Kintsugi last league wich also was pretty amazing and farmed everything as well.

Dont listen to the QQ of all the poeple who dont really know how to actually build melee.
How fast you can clear maps? Rate 1-10 where 10 is coc discharger shield charge
"
Buckets0 wrote:

I would say 6-7. But I recommend you check out maybe the Atziri Video? Its a map in itself
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Buckets0 wrote:

I would say 6-7. But I recommend you check out maybe the Atziri Video? Its a map in itself

nice, why 2h instead of facebreakers? Want to understand your build better
"
Buckets0 wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Buckets0 wrote:

nice, why 2h instead of facebreakers? Want to understand your build better

btw. I added a gorge run video. You can check the clear speed here.

Facebreaker is a viable build for Warchief but soon (2.4) it cant really do Poison/Bleed outside of Shadow in a Crit build anymore due to Voidheart nerf.

Also non-Bleed/Poison Facebreaker relies on Abyssus and in fact is in total a much more expensive build. A perfect Abyssus with Good Facebreakers (maybe legacy) good Rings/Amulet can cost a LOT(talk about 30+++ exalts). My build gets away with around 15 exalts (wich is compared to what it can do, quite budget).

The main upside of this build is its added tankyness.

We can wear real gloves/belt/helmet with nice stats and dont have fear the physical damage we take from wearing abyssus.

Also we do REAL Poison/Bleed since we use Disfavour together with Poison Gem and Inflict MASSIVE Bleeds due to Disfavours high average hits!
Last edited by GornoDD on Aug 31, 2016, 4:05:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info