Season One, Race Event 9: Two Hour Party

http://www.twitch.tv/rhoxxx/b/371362300?t=260m10s
http://www.twitch.tv/rhoxxx

follow the stream :)
Well that didn't go to well.

Was rocking pretty well then died in the Ledge mostly to cockiness; standing around summoning zombies or something while a horde of those skele archers shot me up.

Life two was lost rapidly to a horde of charging rhoas in the mud flats.

Then finally life three was going well, not much chance of victory, but hey I made lvl 9 and managed to get killed by Brutus because i thought he was stuck on something unable to hit me an didn't notice he was somehow hitting me without playing attack animations until it was too late. Probably no way I could make 16 anyway with 15 minutes left.

Perhaps there really is no way to make this crazy 2h-sword-wielding-witch build work. :)

I really didn't get too much desyncs or lag though. Not sure whats up with the rest of you guys. You just have to be very careful in tight corridors like the submerged passage; if there are a lot of mobs you could think you have clear passage and then the server says NO. Best to fight if you find yourself surrounded. Or at least stop and nova or ground pound once or twice.
Last edited by shazbotian on Feb 26, 2013, 12:26:08 AM
52 witch, 407 overall

congrats to the winners!

had 2 overheat reboots that costed me 15min
farmed western for 1 hour to lvl 22.3
it was great fun! rare wand from hitlock, ms boots from merveil

some good stuff. Guess next time our team will have to try to do vaal to break 28.
I've participated in two races so far, and while I enjoyed them both a lot and I'm proud that I managed to eke out a few points in each, I feel like there's something I'm not getting. I feel like I'm making pretty good pace - using popular strategies (poison arrow and fire trap this time), exploring reasonably efficiently, etc., but in both races I've done so far I landed up in the middle of the 3-points tier. (Level 17 this time; I probably could have eked out a level or two more, but with no real hope of getting to the next point tier and assuming that there must be a jillion shadows ahead of me, I elected to retire with a few minutes left rather than risk dying for no extra points.)

Is there a "racing for dummies" guide somewhere that I could look at at learn to improve? I don't expect to ever be a total rockstar, but it's possible that I'm doing some pretty basic things wrong and I'd like to improve. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help me out. :)
"
Daiteach wrote:
Is there a "racing for dummies" guide somewhere that I could look at at learn to improve?

There isnt atm. The event forum that would likely attract such guides doesnt yet exist (same with a hardcore forum). Not sure why, as we had a pvp forum before pvp was even available.

Any time now GGG!

Edit: Theres obviously a race season forum, but players cant make new posts in there (for good reason).

"
shazbotian wrote:
...I made lvl 9 and managed to get killed by Brutus because i thought he was stuck on something unable to hit me an didn't notice he was somehow hitting me without playing attack animations until it was too late...

"
shazbotian wrote:
...I really didn't get too much desyncs or lag though. Not sure whats up with the rest of you guys...

Haha oh wow.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Feb 26, 2013, 12:56:32 AM
Can someone point me in the direction of a vid/vod on twitch where players reach high 20s in two hours? That seems so insane to me, best I can do is 25.
Akumos/Xenoith/Toccata.
"
Akumos wrote:
Can someone point me in the direction of a vid/vod on twitch where players reach high 20s in two hours? That seems so insane to me, best I can do is 25.

Best I can do is about lv 14, thats for 2 hours, 1 hour is about lv 9. No idea how people get so high level.

4 Races 0 Points.

Really frustrating. :-(
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Feb 26, 2013, 1:39:30 AM
LOL - This race had me so hyped. Very near death encounters on a few occasions (Rocky Climb, Prisoners Gate, Coves and Western) had Katie almost fainting :). When the race ended I literall had to run in real life - this is how it went: Shower 2 minutes to wet, soap, rub, rinse off. Towel dry and dress, didn't even brush teath (argggggg). Say good morning and good buy to my better half. Drive 150km to my Job-site at an average speed of 140km/h through mountain passes and 60km/h zones avoiding Big Red Truck Mobs and Old Grannie Mobs. Enough of that.

This race I literally paid zero attention to my equipment, we were on a major push to get into Sarn. And seeing that I had survived all the way there I continued to ignore equipment. The only things I would look at was the very rare wand, sceptre or shield that dropped. The results were frightening.

I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Feb 26, 2013, 2:19:01 AM
as shadow i do this and sorry about bad english :(

-before race starts (lying at beach) log out and log in, now i am standing :)
-kill first zombie to get gem and run fast as possible to hillock (dont kill anything but open chest if they are close)
-never wear shield/chest armor in act1 exep brutus+merveil because they slow you alot!
-buy coral ring with your 3 wisdom scroll (life ring)
-take fire trap
-run terraces fast as possible and drop traps when you got 2-3 traps ready and many mobs follow you, dont stay to grind.
-take mud flats WP and try find all 3 glyphs fast as possible (they are normally in triangle shape and all 3 are connected with thin river)
-tp town to get poison arrow look for leather belt/iron ring/run boots too!
-tidal passage 1 : again when you got 2-3 traps ready trow them and continue to run :)
-tidal passage 2 : be carefull here, explode dudes are dangerous!
-at ledge grind till you are lv8 (to make new inctance hold ctrl on entrance and clik "new")
-go back mud flats WP and back to terraces and to tidal island to kill hailrake
-log out and log in and you are in town :) get second fire trap and q.S.flask look for leather belt/iron ring/run boots too!
-wp to ledge and run rocky climb, dont stop or goatmen gonna kill you and be carefull with dogs! bleeging is super dangerous!
-at prison skipp everything and try go to brutus fast as possible
-pray to lag god for mercy at brutus fight and kill him with poison arrow/firetrap spam
-take brutus loot and log out!
-log in and you saved 1 portal scroll, talk to NPC and they give prisoner gate WP, look for leather belt/iron ring run boots too!
-at prisoners gate if you are experienced player you can try run fast but i have died here many times! so i take litte easy (save some qs.flask to run trought burning menace(UQ dog boss)
-run fast as possible whole ship graveyard
-at coves is good place to grind lv11-12
-back to town and now its good time to have 2 saphire rings (sell 1 iron ring + blue skill gem)
-if you are super unlucky, make new witch kill hillok,buy iron ring take quest reward gem (blue) + fireball and put to stash and log out.
-log back to main and make 2 saphire rings (1blue gem + iron ring) to survive merviel
-be careful at caves many dies here
-merveil first form is pretty hard. drop traps and run around of him so she stand at trap all time (go town to refill flasks)
-2nd form is alot easyer just kill him :)
-equip life rings back
-at forest again if you got full traps use them but dont stay to grind much (you are now 12-13)
-at town go down/left to river crossing to dark forest and then western forest where you gonna grind till lv24-25

time you arrive western forest
less than 45min = pro
less than 1hour = super good
1-1.5hour = good
+2 hour = ok but you need more practice and better luck with drops :)

loot all sapphire/iron rings,scrolls,blue gems on ground
use orbs only for boots for "running speed" and weapons for "+1 bow"
look at many bow! id all blues/yellow and hope for +1 bow gem mod. it will boost your dmg alot!!
practice atleast 20 times to kill brutus and merviel so you learn they pattern and look some top players races at twich! you gonna learn alot!

"must have itmes"
bow with "+1 bow gems"
2xcoral rings
2xsaphire rings
leather belt
jade amulet
+10-15% runing boots
2x fire trap
1x poison arrow
1x Q.S flask

passive points:
lv2 6% attack speed
lv3 3% movement speed
lv4 +10 dex
lv5 +10 dex
lv6 +10 dex
lv7 12%attack speed +20 dex
lv8 +20 maxium life
lv9 +8% maxium life
lv10 +12% maxium life
lv11 +10 srt
lv12 +8% maxium life
lv13 +8% maxium life
lv14 +12% maxium life
lv15 +10 dex
lv16 +10 dex
lv17 +12% maxium life +20 srt
lv18 4% movement speed
lv19 +10% eva +10% ES
lv20 +8% eva +8% ES
lv21 +8% eva +8% ES
lv22 +10% eva +10% ES 10%es cooldown +10%all ress

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGiHAsw5tbLVIbXtVSyaVUzU2e8tBcrsPq-d0YeKH2-tjmZq29xEv

there might be many mistakes, i wrote this out of my memory :D
Last edited by Myrmi on Feb 26, 2013, 4:59:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info