Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

"
imsofly wrote:
Do you plan on creating a site where people can share their builds for path of building so that others can import directly into path of building? I haven't been able to find anyone sharing any of their builds via exports anywhere. I can see a community where people just paste their export so that everyone can see the actual dps stats, etc..
No plans at the moment, but it's something I'd like to tackle one day; I have no real experience with web development though, so it'd be difficult.

"
Astrohawke wrote:
I think there's an issue with "total dps inc poison". Let's say an attack does 10k damage, 8 attacks per second = 80k dps. The poison it applies does 20k per second and lasts 5 seconds = 100k total poison damage per stack. 8 stacks applied per second = 800k total poison damage.

Right now, total dps inc poison would show 880k = 800k(total poison) + 80k (dps). But this is wrong because 800k isn't dps. It's the total poison done over 5 seconds. The poison damage per second from 8 stacks of poison is 160k so total dps inc poison would be 160k + 80k = 240k.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.
After 1 second of attacking, yes, it would be 240k. But those stacks don't fall off after 1 second; they last for 5. After 5 seconds, you'll have 40 stacks active, which is 800k, plus the 80k hit DPS for total peak DPS of 880k.

"
Lurius wrote:
I have one wish though, it would be nice to have "Clear previous items" or something in import dialog. Checking it would clear old skills and items. Or maybe separate checkboxes for those.
Sounds reasonable. I'll see what I can do.

"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
I am considering to switch to this from emmitts planner

few questions though:

- does it have an autoupdater or do I have to download manually each time?
It automatically checks for and downloads updates; you choose when to apply them, but it typically only takes 2 or 3 seconds to update.
"
- I think the answer is yes, but I'll ask anyways: you are planning to update this for 2.6/3.0, aren't you? including changes in jewels and everything?
Absolutely! As any long-time user will attest to, it's not unusual for me to update the program several times a week (or day, even), so you'll get changes as soon as I find out about them.
"
- what happens with saved builds when there are minor/major changes in the skill trees? mainly like will the gear be saved even if the skill tree "bricks" due to the changes? Is there a possibility to like "use old version of the tree" e.g. if I forgot to make screenshots or save the tree in any other way? or do I need to do this myself in anticipation of major changes like in 2.6 and 3.0 will happen?
Gear and skill setups will never be affected by tree changes, and the worst that's likely to happen to a passive tree is that it loses a few passives that were moved and are no longer connected to your tree.
"
- Can I "Bulk Import" from Emmitts Planner or do I have to copy paste everything one by one? (expecting the latter, still asking anyways)
It's the latter, unfortunately. I haven't had the time to look into any sort of direct import from PoESkillTree, so I don't know how feasible it would be.

"
vilogy_pae wrote:
I am wrong or there is no demigod items in your database ?
Correct. I don't know that they're worth adding, since they are so rare, and niche.
"
"
I am wrong or there is no demigod items in your database ?
Correct. I don't know that they're worth adding, since they are so rare, and niche.

(dont know how to quote with nicks, sorry!)

Personally I would be very grateful if you could add them. And yes, they are niche, but I feel like more options is always great for planning ours builds :)

btw thanks for making this amazing tool!
Last edited by vilogy_pae on Feb 24, 2017, 7:38:22 AM
Just chiming in that i only now found about DW/Dual Strike support added. Thanks a lot!

.. How do i donate? :D
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
Hello, me again.

We need some sort of urlshortener that works for importing builds, such as poeurl.

If you can get something set up my suggestion is to allow things like hastebin and pastebin.

You know, just ohh it has a .com in it or like a / in it, lets quickie grab the text.

Or something of the sorts. You know, for easier importing of builds. And stuff.

Ohh and btw it seems like glacial hammer doesnt really... work with pob.
Easy fix, Wither duration should be 2 seconds instead of 0.5, the 0.5 duration is for the movement speed not the 7% increased Chaos Damage taken.
Hi Openarl and whoever is contributing, i found your tool like 3 days ago and i'm absolutely loving it.
I had many links for calculating things (like Poeplanner and stuff) and was able to scrap most of them in an instant :)
There's just a few things i'd extremely appreciate... or haven't found yet:
*) a list of "all gems used in the build" -> i'm able to do gem setups, but it'd be great to get a full list without looking at every setup, so i know what gems i'll use in total to plan which to buy from vendors and which not

*) build export function directly to txt (or whatever) -> as i'm mostly playing 2 player coop with a friend of mine (and also players in guilds might stumble upon that 'problem') i'm trying to synchronize builds with this friend of mine... right now i have to copy, paste, save,... would be great if i could save a build directly to txt (or whatever file you'd rather)

*) building on the previous, but only a dream: it would be great if we could build up a party of [build 0, build 1 ... build 6] for the calculations some time in the future :)

*) a tutorial (link) about how to build your own rares... right now i'm going with taking rare templates and adjusting sliders, but there are some mods (iE res on jewels) that aren't accessible that way -> even if it's much to read, i'd really appreciate an easy to find tutorial/information stash directly accessible/linked within the program :)

That's just points that'd make something great even better and might well be i missed something yet :)

Oh and 2 more things:
*) I didn't see any way to donate a little money to your efforts... i can't donate much, but if you'd need it, put up a button and you'd get what support i could offer :)

*) As I'm working as a software developer, but not proficient in lua script, i can offer you to vent any programming ideas you're not so sure about my way and offering you my thoughts about them :)
Hey Openarl,is corrected font planned anytime soon?
Last edited by MasterBLB on Feb 24, 2017, 4:16:57 PM
Another awesome improvement that I would like to request is the ability to re-edit item prefixes and suffixes after they are already equipped to the build. The way it is now, I have to recreate an entire new item instead of just modifying the one that I already made which is currently equipped.

Otherwise, as always, awesome tool!
"
imsofly wrote:
Another awesome improvement that I would like to request is the ability to re-edit item prefixes and suffixes after they are already equipped to the build. The way it is now, I have to recreate an entire new item instead of just modifying the one that I already made which is currently equipped.

Otherwise, as always, awesome tool!

You can click the item and just change the sliders around.
"
Openarl wrote:
"
deadamaranth wrote:
I am using Enlighten lvl 3 in +1 gloves. However, tinker as I might, I can't get my mana values to line up. It shows me way in the negative, as if Enlighten is not being "seen" or "enabled" at all. I did try making sure all "enabled" options that are relevant are clicked. EDIT: I just noticed there are two "Unreserved Mana" values listed. One shows -523, the other shows -64%. Does that help? I can PM my build if that helps, as well.
The build would be useful, and also the expected values; I can't really help otherwise, since I'm not aware of any issues with the reservation calculations.

*UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!! The dev showed me my user error: I had duplicated my aura chain in PoB so they were both reserving mana, and I accidentally set my char level 4 levels lower. Ooops! Numbers are all perfect now.*

Thank you. I've PM'd this information. Thank you again, and make a "Donate" button sometime, please. :)
/popcorn always, because people
Last edited by deadamaranth on Feb 24, 2017, 10:36:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info