Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

"
TbXie wrote:
- Character referenced : TbXieWereFinallyDoingIt

-> ES according to Character Spreadsheet in PoD : 12.5Kish - ES according to Calcs page 6.5Kish.
-> Effective ES ingame : 7990.

(Howa DPS, EA DPS are also kinda wrong. Not entirely sure about other items, since I would have had the possibility to test them both in game & in the prgram)

Good job tho :-) Feels like the thing we always needed.
There's 2 things going on with the ES total. Firstly, the program enables all skills by default when importing, as it can't tell which ones are actually being used. In your cause, Vaal Discipline is active, which is causing most of the discrepancy. Secondly, the program doesn't support Intuitive Leap yet, so the passives covered by it are being removed on import.

Regarding the other DPS numbers, I'd need specific info to be able to help. Character names, and screenshots of the in-game Offence tabs of their main skills, would be most useful.
Great update (v1.3), cant wait to use the program for 2.6 Build planning ;)
Let me start off by saying how much I'm enjoying your programme. I prefer theorising builds over playing them out myself (even though I do so as well) because I can cover more builds in less time (rather than leveling a character to 80+ for each build), and this tool gets me one step closer to perfection in that respect.

There are however a couple of things I would like to note:

Originally I had planned to read through the whole thread first, but since I'm tired and there were still 40 pages left, I just used ctrl+F, but it seems that no one has talked about essence crafting yet.
There are some amazing values there, that cannot be achieved through other means.

For instance I'm using a prismatic ring with 34% increased chaos damage. The other mods aren't really interesting, but if I were to enter such a ring manually, it would take a relatively long time.

And while it's possible to enter them by hand, that is a rather tedious process. If the item exists ingame, it works, but a planning tool like this one is the most useful when the item does not exist yet.

I would like resistance suffixes on weapons. I know that they're not the primary focus of crafting weapons and that displaying too many options might be obstructive to some users, but they're only three suffixes and most weapons don't have a lot of other great suffixes to choose from. Instead, getting a triple resistance weapon (though that would be an unlikely case) could free up some damage elsewhere (for example some essence crafted rings *wink* *nudge*).

There are some other minor cases like these for which I understand not including the option for everyone, but it's defeating the purpose of the tool if I have to check what other mods are possible every few minutes while building items.

In conclusion, I would ideally like to be able to enable or disable the display of certain groups of mods, like master crafting, essence crafting, resistances, or possibly other stuff, that the general population might not see fitting but weirdly affects my builds (something like a switch between displaying all mods or the popular ones).

The next best solution would be being able to write code for the presets in a way that they're not overwritten by future updates. I could fiddle with the code now if I wanted, but I'm worried that my efforts would be gone the next time I tried, or that I might have to merge the new files manually (if there's no solution for these conflicts anytime soon I may end up setting up some version control for this locally, but if possible I'd like to avoid that).
The advantage of this is that it's easier to play around with custom uniques that don't exist in the game for different builds, but even I mostly don't use that possibility (though it was one of the first things I tried out, because it's fun).

Lastly, another feature I would like, but which isn't strictly the most important thing, is better stack calculations. Specifically, I've planned a Blight build with a Wither totem, and my Excel spreadsheet was still better than the rough estimates (1, 5, 10, 20 stacks Wither, no stack support for Blight) provided by this tool. This is a rather exceptional case, but since I like to be exact, knowing just how many stacks of what skill are lost for how long upon replacing a totem (or refreshing a buff or something similar) is of some interest.
Generally most builds use spam skills instead of skill rotations, so it's understandable, that a tool for the exact timings of that isn't included yet, but it would be a nice-to-have feature.

I will probably have some more things to add at some point since I only started using the tool two days ago, but for now these are the important issues to me.

Thank you again for making such an awesome tool, and I look forward to seeing even more features in the future!
Wow 1.3 is incredible; the "Compare skill trees" is the one thing I've been missing compared to the other major PoE Skill Tree program.

Just one thing I noticed is the Stat Comparison doesn't appear to show the difference in Jewel Socket count. Right now I'm comparing two Witch trees that are very close in overall stats, but one has 5 jewel socket vs the others 3. That's a big end-game difference considering how good some jewels can get. This is in the comparison list at the bottom of the screen when you're looking at different skill tree 'variations'

I should note I'm on my laptop so it's entirely possible my lower resolution is crushing some stats off-screen but I don't THINK it is. It's a minor thing but certainly would make flipping between skill tree comparisons slightly easier.

Last edited by Amber_Clad_ on Feb 15, 2017, 6:30:16 PM
"
There are however a couple of things I would like to note:
I've never intended the templates to be 100% complete in terms of mods, as they're intended only to give an approximation of the build's final gear setup, and it's fairly easy to add mods manually.

However, there is a better solution on the horizon, in the form of the new crafting system added in 1.3.0. While it currently only has the modifiers for flasks and jewels, I hope to eventually extend that to cover all item types. Naturally I'd include essence and crafted mods too, and probably even enchant mods, as I can easily adapt the new system to handle them. I don't know when I'll get around to doing this though.

Regarding the stacking issue, calculating Blight stacks shouldn't be too difficult, so I will look into it, but for technical reasons Wither will be much harder; the main issue is that the program cannot yet handle running calculations for 2 main skills at once, which is needed in this case (it'd have to do Wither first, then your main skill). Also, the debuff stats are added before all of the information required to calculate Wither stacks is actually available, but that can probably be fixed. I'll give it some thought anyway.

"
Amber_Clad_ wrote:
Just one thing I noticed is the Stat Comparison doesn't appear to show the difference in Jewel Socket count. Right now I'm comparing two Witch trees that are very close in overall stats, but one has 5 jewel socket vs the others 3. That's a big end-game difference considering how good some jewels can get. This is in the comparison list at the bottom of the screen when you're looking at different skill tree 'variations'
I'll add the socket count to the tree tooltip (under "Points used:"), as I can't easily add it to the stat comparison itself.
Just tested Path of Building for the first time. It's amazing, I can send my excel spreadsheets on vacation now.
The program doesn't seem to think that Point Blank and the "100% More Bow Damage at Close Range" attribute on Chin Sol stack, but they do. It only adds the 100%.
Hi there. Dual wield's DPS calulation for Earthquake is still counting both the weapons? From the WIKI page for earthquake -> "Only the main hand weapon is used to attack." and i believe it's true looking at the animation!
Thank you for adding flasks! Honestly more exciting than the 6 new acts.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
sob3k wrote:
The program doesn't seem to think that Point Blank and the "100% More Bow Damage at Close Range" attribute on Chin Sol stack, but they do. It only adds the 100%.
The program doesn't support Point Blank yet; or anything else that scales linearly with distance to target (Chil Sol works because it's binary).

"
Tomviolence89 wrote:
Hi there. Dual wield's DPS calulation for Earthquake is still counting both the weapons? From the WIKI page for earthquake -> "Only the main hand weapon is used to attack." and i believe it's true looking at the animation!
Oops, looks like I missed a check in the code that decides which weapons an attack should use; it affects all skills that work while dual wielding but which only use the main hand. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info