Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

"
Lazael666 wrote:
If you don't mind, I would like to comment about a new feature: sometimes I like to spend a lot of time in the program just creating some builds with items that I already have in-game, I already know that I can do ctrl+c on them and create a custom item (this is really nice btw) and if I'm unable to log-in in the game but I need to use the same item then I can just go to a previous build, copy the same stats and create another custom item for the build that I'm working on. What if we could use some kind of library of custom items? Perhaps next to the button "Create a Custom" it would be "Reuse a Custom" or in the bottom menu "Import from: Rare Templates" add another option like: "Import rares from: 'Name of the Build'". Using a rare template is great for some situations but here I'm trying to use the exact item that I already have and going back and forwards among every build looking for specific stats can be a bit annoying.
That's something I'm already planning to add, although you probably won't see it any time soon as I have a few other critical features to work on at the moment.

"
YehuYehu wrote:
bug report: it bugs out when i mouse over Kondo's Pride
Fixed in the next update.
Discovered your tool from reddit.

Just wanted to drop a thank you !

In my opinion, it is really for now the most usable and customizable Poe Builder at the moment.
Yes PoeSkillTree is more beautiful but it just can't compete when we talk customizations.

It's so nice to be able to import entire chars with stuff and skills. Now I can remember for ever what I did play in the previous league + use the same item (for ex. when theorycrafting for CI, get "reasonable" Energy shield value etc).
And so easy to import characters from forum topic and such.

Being a developer myself, I know how hard it is to make something so complete, so thanks again for the invaluable work. I am sure spreading word of this nice software with everyone I'm playing with.
"
Openarl wrote:
"
humenbean wrote:
Hi, is there a simple way to import items that we don't currency have?
If you want to test the effect of specific modifiers like the ones you listed, you can add them to an existing item or template using the item editor: double-click an item, then click "Edit...", then add the modifier somewhere. Make sure you get the wording of the modifier correct (i.e "45% increased temporal chains curse effect"); to check if it's being recognised you can hover over the "Save" button and note what colour the new modifier is being shown in (it'll be blue if it's working, red if it isn't).

Manually adding effects like the extra projectiles from Dying Sun can be done the same way; for Dying Sun just add "2 additional projectiles" to one of your equipped items.

Editing this because it's getting messy.

I think there is a problem with projectile count.

Using the most updated version as I type this...

I can use all of my same gear, and only switch out bows. I made two custom bows. Both are 400% phys dps. 1 is a harbinger. The other is a reach. I made them from scratch out of the library so as to not mess anything up.

Harbinger 400 dps = roughly 200k dps

Reach 400 dps = roughly 200k dps

Give or take 10k dps.

Even if it's from the projectiles automatically bumping the DPS on the reach, it should greatly be amplifying the damage because I'm poison based. So it's 80% more projectiles for poison damage.

---

I can do the same thing with a drillneck. If I swap between a normal drillneck and a +1 drillneck, the damage goes from 200k to 201k. Adding the +1 quiver should give much more than .005% dps increase...
Last edited by humenbean on Feb 7, 2017, 1:42:53 PM
Dual wielding support! Thank you!!

Awesome tool, please keep it up!
$$ Stay Real - Stay Fresh - Stay Pro $$
This tool is perfect, specially now with dual wield support!

I often wonder how you are able to gather so much insight on mechanics, calculations and metadata to pull this through.

Congratulations. Looking forward to receiving further improvements.
"
humenbean wrote:
Editing this because it's getting messy.

I think there is a problem with projectile count.

Using the most updated version as I type this...

I can use all of my same gear, and only switch out bows. I made two custom bows. Both are 400% phys dps. 1 is a harbinger. The other is a reach. I made them from scratch out of the library so as to not mess anything up.

Harbinger 400 dps = roughly 200k dps

Reach 400 dps = roughly 200k dps

Give or take 10k dps.

Even if it's from the projectiles automatically bumping the DPS on the reach, it should greatly be amplifying the damage because I'm poison based. So it's 80% more projectiles for poison damage.
Path of Building doesn't currently factor in multiple projectiles when calculating total DPS, as doing so would require making unsound assumptions about how many hits a given target would take. I may eventually allow the user to guide the program by telling it which assumptions it can safely make (e.g by providing an estimate of what portion of projectiles will hit a target), or perhaps even add combat simulation to determine those parameters, but that's not something you're likely to see in the near future.

"
Wedges wrote:
Discovered your tool from reddit.

Just wanted to drop a thank you !

In my opinion, it is really for now the most usable and customizable Poe Builder at the moment.
Yes PoeSkillTree is more beautiful but it just can't compete when we talk customizations.

It's so nice to be able to import entire chars with stuff and skills. Now I can remember for ever what I did play in the previous league + use the same item (for ex. when theorycrafting for CI, get "reasonable" Energy shield value etc).
And so easy to import characters from forum topic and such.

Being a developer myself, I know how hard it is to make something so complete, so thanks again for the invaluable work. I am sure spreading word of this nice software with everyone I'm playing with.
"
lanteam wrote:
Dual wielding support! Thank you!!

Awesome tool, please keep it up!
"
SirYmp wrote:
This tool is perfect, specially now with dual wield support!

I often wonder how you are able to gather so much insight on mechanics, calculations and metadata to pull this through.

Congratulations. Looking forward to receiving further improvements.
Thanks everyone :). You can look forward to lots more features in the coming weeks...
"
Openarl wrote:

Thanks everyone :). You can look forward to lots more features in the coming weeks...[/quote]

I see what you did there.
Thank you for your continued work. If ever you set up a donation system I would be more than happy to show my gratitude.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Thank you very much for adding IIR/IIQ support.

For rarity seems to work just fine but the unique conditions of having 3 magical items isn't changing the actual quantity. Seen in;

Thanks for the great work!

Avy
openarl,among these features I advise you strongly to use better looking font.I tried your tool again,and again simply just can't look at it's so ugly font.In terms of readability and visual clearance PoeSkillTree wins hands down.
Seriously,how hard it is to use font 2 sizes bigger,and type with some wider glyphs,like idk,Times New Roman?
"
Nephalim wrote:
Thank you for your continued work. If ever you set up a donation system I would be more than happy to show my gratitude.
A donation system is one of those things I can never find the time to get done. Maybe after I'm done with flasks...

"
Avmantox wrote:
For rarity seems to work just fine but the unique conditions of having 3 magical items isn't changing the actual quantity. Seen in;
The Ascetic only grants its conditional bonuses once, even if you have multiple items of the corresponding rarity.

"
MasterBLB wrote:
openarl,among these features I advise you strongly to use better looking font.I tried your tool again,and again simply just can't look at it's so ugly font.In terms of readability and visual clearance PoeSkillTree wins hands down.
Seriously,how hard it is to use font 2 sizes bigger,and type with some wider glyphs,like idk,Times New Roman?
What resolution/DPI are you using? I don't find it difficult to read on my screen, but then maybe I'm just used to it. I don't think the choice of font is the problem; most of the text is Liberation Sans, which is an Arial substitute. The fact that the font renderer used by the program doesn't use ClearType probably doesn't help though... I hope to replace it at some point, since it also doesn't support Unicode!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info