Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Ruthless in Path of Building vs In Game numbers.

I'm running a Frost Blade build and have run into a confusing point. So, 6l Frost Blades, Multistrike, Elemental Damage, Melee Phys, Added Cold and Ruthless.

In PoB the numbers show Total DPS 51873 with Average Damage being 8614

Now, if I remove Ruthless and put in Chance to Bleed the numbers in Path of Building go down.
45079 and 7486 respectfully.

However, in game when I am adjusting my 5l setup putting in Ruthless my numbers are MUCH lower than that of Chance to Bleed by like 2k.

Now, I know a 5l isn't going to match the 6l and I haven't hit the full build just yet, but why are the numbers so different when I'm not that far off?

Do I trust PoB to be right long-term? I've been leveling the ruthless gem on a second set of weapons and keeping the Chance to Bleed on because like I said, in game numbers are showing me a 2k point difference running with Chance to bleed over Ruthless.

I know there is some voodoo PoE math going on but I'd really like someone to help me understand it so I can get better at this stuff.

Thanks in Advance.
[Nevermind, restarting PoB fixed my issue.]
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Apr 7, 2018, 8:34:09 AM
Lately POB keeps crashing on me with an access violation (see spoiler):
Spoiler

Error from POB:
Critical error at address 6CC8F508h:
Access violation: attempted to read from address FFFFFFF1h

====
System info:
C:\Users\Passenger>systeminfo

Host Name: EARTH
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version: 10.0.16299 N/A Build 16299
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Passenger
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA916
Original Install Date: 1/5/2018, 2:18:33 PM
System Boot Time: 3/14/2018, 10:12:49 AM
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~3401 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 3603, 11/9/2012
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume3
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Time Zone: (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Total Physical Memory: 16,281 MB
Available Physical Memory: 8,028 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 32,665 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 19,424 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 13,241 MB
Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
Domain: WORKGROUP
Logon Server: \\EARTH
Hotfix(s): 10 Hotfix(s) Installed.
[01]: KB4053577
[02]: KB4054022
[03]: KB4056887
[04]: KB4057247
[05]: KB4058702
[06]: KB4074595
[07]: KB4087256
[08]: KB4088785
[09]: KB4090914
[10]: KB4088776
Network Card(s): 3 NIC(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
Connection Name: Ethernet
DHCP Enabled: Yes
DHCP Server: 192.168.1.1
IP address(es)
[01]: 192.168.1.7
[02]: fe80::208e:fc16:257f:b02f
[02]: Intel(R) 82583V Gigabit Network Connection
Connection Name: Ethernet 2
[03]: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection
Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No
Second Level Address Translation: Yes
Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

I have the most recent download of POB (1.4.85).

Edit - Something seems to have happened to my installation. The uninstall exe was missing.

I installed a fresh copy (strangely, default folder is now "Path of Building" instead of the old "PathofBuilding" (no spaces in old path). At any rate, deleting the old install and reinstalling seems to have fixed things.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 9, 2018, 8:47:22 PM
Hey there,

I'd like to make a suggestion(perhaps suggested already by someone else) i think would be a pretty great QoL for altoholics like myself that use PoB a lot and only really care about baseline shaper dps at level ~90, if it's not that hard to code.

It'd be nice having an option in the Options menu where we could set the default boss setting(no/standard/shaper) and character level for every New build we create to help avoid the little tedious routine of going to config, dropdown -> shaper, click level, manually input 90 etc everytime.

That's my 2c, other than that great work, keep it up!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/810943 -- My shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1698220 -- Undead Settlement (showcased!)
----- WTB Garena SE Asia alt art Alpha's. -----

IGN: Raiden_no_ossan
"
Does Dreadsurge's "Hits ignore Enemy Monster Fire Resistance while you are Ignited" work correctly?

Every time I check "Are you Ignited" checkbox it literally halves my Flameblast damage against Shaper. I suspect this is a bug or some game mechanic that I have no idea about. Maybe with Flammability, Elemental Weakness, EE.

Update #1 - it works as expected on an empty build with just Flameblast and Dreadsurge against Shaper while Ignited. However, it doesn't explain why in a regular build it halves the damage.

For reference, here's the build: https://pastebin.com/eDBS7YtV - just tick "Are you Ignited" checkbox.

Update #2 - after you enable EE, Flammability and Elemental Weakness in the empty build the damage is again lowered - EE and curses are disabled/not taken into account by PoB/game. Same with Scorching Ray's debuff. Looks like it has something to do with Resistance calculation.

From wording it looks like it works exactly like Inquisitor's "Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Elemental Resistances".

It basically sets enemy resistances to 0% AFTER your penetration, therefore having penetration in conjunction with the dreadsurge mod is useless.

To put it simply if with all your penetration and reductions you are putting shaper at negative -0% resistances dreadsurge ends up "raising" the resistances back up to 0%.

You either don't use the curses and pen or you don't use dreadsurge because the mechanics have negative synergy.
Not sure if this has been asked already, not gonna go through 200 pages to see: a feature I'd really like is a button next to skill gems to swap them from what's listed in my gems to 20/20 or 21/20 and then back again, making an easy way to figure out which gems are worth upgrading or not. IE, which supports are worth the extra currency to get 20/20, is 21/20 worth it for something or is the DPS upgrade negligible, etc. It's just really obnoxious typing it all in and undoing it if I'm freshly into maps and using level 16/17 gems or something, and figuring out which ones are the biggest upgrades and which are worth quality or an extra level and which aren't.
please add this chest to the PoB
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chains_of_Command
First of all, thank you for the amazing tool you made. I spend a lot of time in PoB cooking up new builds and tinkering with setups to make the best out of them.
With the new Elementalist, I was tinkering with Shock effect to scale the guaranteed 20% from Beacon of Ruin up to 50%, but I didn't find anything in the Calcs screen that breaks down the total %increased effect of Shock I have. May I suggest that this feature be added? An overview of how much you have from what sources makes it a lot easier to judge the investment vs returns of getting more of it.
So there is a way to calculate Solar Guards, Tukohamas Vanguards dps?
There's a bug with collateral damage where the whole 'double damage' part is ignored if the jewel has a corrupted implicit. I had a build where both were corrupted with new implicits and the damage was far lower than it should be and PoB shows that taking off the jewels made next to no difference in damage. However, replacing said jewels with regular (non-corrupted) jewels fixed the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info