[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
Harest wrote:
Added cold is trash. But Hypothermia is probably the best one indeed. Right after an Empower lvl 4 ofc but have fun with that :p. I thought about Faster casting but it seems to have lower dps.
As wrote in the guide however, for high life bosses Slower projectiles will still be better.

Slower projectiles as 6th gem makes it very hard to sustain mana. Also, for the 6th gem, empower is obvious BIS, but i'd go with ice bite over hypothermia. You get 15% chance to freeze, 12% more damage and 12% inc. cast speed (with 3 frenzy charges). Also, if you have quality, you get extra damage against frozen enemies.
Quality added cold dmg, and quality culling strike are also 2 considerable options.

Im also trying this build on 2.6, lvl 76 now, these are my thoughts and some leveling tips:

- 2 first snow gems ASAP. mutewind ASAP, Halcyon ASAP.
- Dual wield all the way. First with a +1 crafted blue wand + lifesprig, then reverberation rod + tulborn, then heartbreaker + heartbreaker then heartbreaker + + divinarius.
- I used flame dash + faster casting until i changed to daggers, but you can go with lightning warp + less duration + faster casting, up to you.
- I used reverberation rod as a 4L until i was able to use dual heartbreaker, thats when I bought my 5L chest.
- Atziri flask is awesome for leveling while you still don't have CI. chaos damage melts you in a second.
- Flame totem helps you a lot against reflect mobs, strongboxes and essences. Also helps you to kill some bosses from a safe distance.
- Instead of a empty slot on whirling blades + faster attacks, i went with fortify
- I only grabbed 2 life nodes from templar tree, 3 life nodes from shadow, and the 8 hybrid life + ES nodes. you only have to respec 5 nodes that way and I felt pretty tanky, and it's nice to grab all the damage nodes you can.

Any tips and thoughts from you guys would be nice too.
Last edited by Scarfa33 on Mar 15, 2017, 1:21:34 AM
Having a blast with this build in Legacy....Sooo this is where I'm at and I know there's probably something better but I like using Faster Projectiles with 28% increased damage and freezing/killing monsters off-screen, I just felt that the reach of FP wasn't enough (that and/or using it with my LA Ranger turned me into an addict).
Also looking to upgrade the belt, shield ( although dual wield sounds like something to try) gloves and ring eventually.
Of course I also have two First Snows as well.

Suggestions Welcome :)
Last edited by Dunkleosteus on Mar 15, 2017, 12:39:51 PM
Thanks for all the advice! You should look into the Ring "Snakepit" i increased my DPS by 10k with a perfect roll! and Firstsnow gem as well!! Sitting at 110k DPS with charges at level 82 and 8k ES with buffs!
"
Inferius90 wrote:
I gotta say I am disappointed. At lvl 70 with 6link it barely goes over 12k dps. I have problems with tier 2 map lmao. Looks like I will stick to totems again in legacy league

Your not an Inquisitor.. im at level 82 with alright gear doing 110k DPS.. there is your problem. You didnt even read the post all the way.
Can someone please explain why no one, not the Guide creater nor anyone posting their gear/flasks uses Atziri's Promise for additional damage boost ? isn't 15% additional damage as Chaos worth it ? Thanks for explanation.
"
MercoRS wrote:
Can someone please explain why no one, not the Guide creater nor anyone posting their gear/flasks uses Atziri's Promise for additional damage boost ? isn't 15% additional damage as Chaos worth it ? Thanks for explanation.

Well, you should already have a Sulphur Flask so that's 40% increased damage...and you don't need any chaos res after CI and even more importantly because:
" Thanks to Inevitable Judgement and because you always crit, enemies resistances are set to 0%" but that's only for elemental damage, so they may well resist the extra chaos damage. (* That's my 2 cents for what it's worth).
Last edited by Dunkleosteus on Mar 16, 2017, 10:06:23 AM
Still viable for 2.6?
"
StefanMedS wrote:
Still viable for 2.6?

sure.
A question for you guys...Inquisitor or Assassin is the best ascendancy for a freezing pulse build?
+ map clear
- bosses

why is freezing pulse so bad against bosses and how can I solve it? only have a 5l currently.
I am a warrior. I was born to fight and death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him traveling beside me to this new land, this Wraeclast. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info