[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

@Swoog

Those gloves Maligaro's Virtuosity you can use them once you hit lvl 21. Buy NON CORRUPTED version.
You CANNOT add sockets/links/change colours if its corrupted.

Clarity + HoI does nothing. I guess you can check my profile now. You can check my gem links with curse on hit / HoI / CWDT. Check the gems lvls (its very important to CWDT / IC and other to be LOW LEVEL GEM, to work correctly and also to dont require lots of STR.

The jewels are very imporant (freeze & duration) freezed mobs deals no damage :) and I can get extra DPS stats in those jewels, like crit / cold damage / etc

Best regards,
Riddim

@Riddim

Alright, i didn't know for the corrupted/non corrupted :D I'll try to find 4 link maligaro's gloves then :)

I have lvl 10 frost wall/ 5 WM/5 Enfeeble as suggested in the build :)

It's hard for me to find good stuff for a good price on poe :/

Been having a lot of fun with this build, and am making it through mid-tier maps with little difficulty. I haven't /quite/ taken down Izaro yet (died twice in phase three, now - I'll get him next time). I'm wondering, though - I see your tooltip DPS is 160k+, but the highest I've got is ~ 50k. I know that I need to level up my Freezing Pulse gem to 20 (annoyingly slow), but I'm wondering where else I should look to squeeze out some more damage. Thanks for any advice!

My character
@Kalil

To boost your DPS you can:

1º Change your shield, the shield you're using have 5% increased spell damage base stat, its low.

2º Your left ring is good, but not for DPS. I suggest your search for a Diamond Ring

3º You have 5L, I suggest you swap Increased Critical Damage for SPELL ECHO.

4º You need a SILVER FLASK (gives you Onslaught) - boost atk/cast/mov speed.

5º You need to complete Merciless Lab to get Instruments of Virtue

Instruments of Virtue gives you:

30% increased Spell Damage if you've Cast a Spell Recently
50% increased Attack Damage if you've Cast a Spell Recently
20% increased Attack Speed if you've Attacked Recently
30% increased Cast Speed if you've Attacked Recently

Example: You cast WB + FP and you get all the stats above for a few secs.

6º Get a better dagger.

7º Your jewels, you have the basics (freeze%+Duration) but you still need things like Crit Spells / Crit Multiplier / Castspeed. Use regal on your blue jewels(magic) and maybe you will get an extra DPS stat, if not buy new ones.

I dont use the rings from this guide, I use Snakepit X2, so I dont need LMP, im using Add Cold Damage Support.

My DPS with 4 Power Charge stacks + Silver Flask + Atziri Promise (flask) + HoI + Instruments of Virtue I do 260k +/-

You can check my char FREEZAMUS to see my shield and my dagger to compare.

Best regards,
Riddim

Riddim,
Thanks for the advice!

I do have Instruments of Virtue - it's UberLab Izaro that I'm struggling with.

I find I have some mana issues when the faster cast speed buff is active.

This is also half of the reason I chose Increased Crit Damage over Spell Echo. The other reason is that I wanted to get my single-hit damage over the freeze threshold for bosses. I can't permafreeze Izaro and some of the 11+ map bosses. I do have a leveled Spell Echo in my offhand - I'll swap it in and see what that does for me.

I read the discussion earlier in the thread on Dual Snakepit vs Namiyra's+LMP with great interest, but I don't have anywhere near the budget for it...

I'll definitely upgrade my shield. That's probably my oldest piece of gear, at this point. I thought my dagger was pretty good, tho I would definitely like to have +Cold Damage on it. I'll take a look at that, see if I can find/afford something better.

I do have one more question: is my armor 'good enough' to be worth dumping the fusings to 6L it (I have about 500, which.. Might barely be enough?)? Or should I hold out for something better or grind up a 6L white to upgrade?

Thanks again, you've given me a lot to work with!

EDIT: Also, my belt kind of sucks, but I'm not sure how else to net myself the +77 strength I need for my Warlords Mark... Should I use a lower level WM and replace that?
Last edited by Kalil on Feb 8, 2017, 10:27:59 PM
"
Kalil wrote:

I do have Instruments of Virtue - it's UberLab Izaro that I'm struggling with.

try to put down uberlab with 2 accounts, one leading (I use my flame totem templar) and 2nd (desired to upgrade) waiting in trial's atrium

"
Kalil wrote:
I find I have some mana issues when the faster cast speed buff is active.

with 75-80 mana reg per sec You can cast skills for many seconds (15 lvl clarity, mana reg on dagger, amulet, 350 points mana pool)
try to roll life & mana leech on boots implicit "EnchantmentLifeAndManaLeechOnKill" (available first with cruel trial)

"
Kalil wrote:
This is also half of the reason I chose Increased Crit Damage over Spell Echo. The other reason is that I wanted to get my single-hit damage over the freeze threshold for bosses. I can't permafreeze Izaro and some of the 11+ map bosses. I do have a leveled Spell Echo in my offhand - I'll swap it in and see what that does for me.

abandon LMP, use faster projectiles on trash and slower for bosses, faster proj is risky, You can die from reflect rares beyond screen, use 1 snakepit

"
Kalil wrote:
I read the discussion earlier in the thread on Dual Snakepit vs Namiyra's+LMP with great interest, but I don't have anywhere near the budget for it...

switching stun threshold towards ES instead of HP is important...

"
Kalil wrote:
I'll definitely upgrade my shield. That's probably my oldest piece of gear, at this point. I thought my dagger was pretty good, tho I would definitely like to have +Cold Damage on it. I'll take a look at that, see if I can find/afford something better.

8,5k ES pool is enough for trash, and most boss encounters
try to obtain all 5 jewels freeze/freezing duration/cold dmg with an additional affixes, like resistances, str/dex
it's cheaper and as important acc crit dmg/multi
and try to lvl up to gain more pasive points (near Doomcast-crit multi,near Trickery-ele dmg, Deep Wisdom - ES, Occultist's Dominion- spell dmg)
switch flasks to all utility (my choice are: silver, sulphur, diamond, stibnite and sapphire)

"
Kalil wrote:
I do have one more question: is my armor 'good enough' to be worth dumping the fusings to 6L it (I have about 500, which.. Might barely be enough?)? Or should I hold out for something better or grind up a 6L white to upgrade?

definitely, it's worth upg for 6L
upg all gems in main skill combo for +20q, additionally FP for 21lvl, crit chance for 21lvl (2% crit chance more than with 20 lvl, basic spell chance up from +1,9% to +2%), other 21lvl or +23q, curses are mandatory +20q (basic cast chance is +10%) and increased duration support for vaal's (10% more duration), but not necessary 20lvl if not sufficient str pool
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Feb 10, 2017, 3:23:24 AM
6L with high ES (+700) is kind of expensive! Mine was arround 370 chaos + 1 Exalted + few more currency.

Your 500 ES is fine, but using Fusings to try to get 6L can go wrong, and lose your 5L.

Like skrecu said, gems lvl/quality 20 gives you good DPS boost, but you will have to pay arround 10/15c+++ per gem.
Hi, thanks for this build. Having a lot of fun with.
Couple of questions though :

1- Is the first page gear and set up updated ? A couple of pages back I believe you mentioned to have changed the main skill to Frost Bolt ?

2- Since im new to the game I did not understand why to use Controlled Destruction gem (I got the % spell damage increase but it reduces critical strike chance by 100%) ?

Thanks,

MC
"
riddim wrote:
gems lvl/quality 20 gives you good DPS boost, but you will have to pay arround 10/15c+++ per gem.

You can use 2nd weaponset to lvling up gems like FP to 20 lvl, then gcp them to 1lvl, q20 and again to lvl 20, q20 then try corrupt them to 21lvl, secondary set has up to 6 gem slots, You have good chance to gain 21 lvl gem just in 1-2 weeks
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Wouldnt ice bite be better linked to curse on hit with warlords and HOI> just link assassins mark to CWDT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info