[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

Hi, i'm new to the game and i'd like to use this build. is this a friendly new player build? Do you have some advise for me to start ? Thanks for the answer !
Excellent build! Very fun indeed! I adore all cold related mechanics in this game - chilling, freezing, shattering etc and this build takes advantage of all! One small advice - why not use Hypothermia instead of Slower Projectiles. It has more % multiplier and doesn't gimp your projectile speed. The only downside is that the first hit of your Spell Echo succession does not get the % multiplier but this is hardly an issue. For tougher bosses with a lot of adds Hypothermia really shines.
What changes would need to be done to have this accommodate for a scion using this ?
Thoroughly enjoyed this build. About a month I think I have been playing this (Standard). I use snakepit ring and with that I got rid of the LMP for one of four choices, ice bite, slower proj, faster proj, and block chance reduction. Ice bite is best for mapping because it gives you a 20% damage increase and chance for frenzy charge. Currently with that setup and with flask and charges up I get around ~220k dmg. However with bosses that don't spawn mobs slower proj is better. Faster proj for mapping against mobs that can't be frozen. Since Ice Bite only gives frenzy charges when you kill a frozen enemy aka. shatter. However it is worse in damage compared to Slower proj, the feel of attacking faster makes it feel smoother, up for judgement. Block chance was for the people running block builds in standard :P Overall good build and fun
Just tried my first Guardian (the Hydra) and failed. Now that I know what the fight is like I could probably win it next time by dodging better, but I suspect this is not a very good build for the endgame Atlas stuff. If you can't freeze the bosses anyway, might as well focus on defense and/or DPS.

Has anyone successfully pivoted from this build to a different one for the Guardians and Shaper?
First of all I would like to say im very happy with this build and also very fun to play with.

It was a bit hard during CI transition (lvl 55+ - early 70s), but still doable.

Right now im strugglin to find one Plat dagger to swap this Wand (drop)

So i have a few questions:

1 - I understand the need for a dagger so I can use Whirling Blades. Lightning Wrap sucks a lot (only good to open Strongboxes safely). Wand+Instruments of Virtue is no good?

2 - Right now im farming T7-T9 very fast and easy, but still can't finish Merci Lab (im all capped) doing arround 90K DPS AOE and +/- 120k DPS with SlowerProject. Never tried with Vaal Pack. Do you have any advice to finish Lab first time? (I realy need the 5&6 ascendacy points) Ive arround 6300 (still have arround 8 ES nodes left on tree)

3 - I can see you have Max Life in your gear, does it stack ES? If yes how?

4 - My gear is very low budget, and saving currency for permanent gear. What should I priortize?
Swap Snakepit rings?

Current Gear
Spoiler

Wish you best luck.
Best regards,
Riddim
As far as I understood Valyrium Moonstone is mandatory for his setup. So not sure how to squeeze in a Snakepit Ring. Or am I missing something here?
"
As far as I understood Valyrium Moonstone is mandatory for his setup. So not sure how to squeeze in a Snakepit Ring. Or am I missing something here?

It's not mandatory, you can always try other things that protects CI build from stun (Eye of Chayula, Unweavering Stance). If you can use them with less sacrifice... ;)
Well, Unweavering Stance is not worth it for this build as we need to invest 7 passive points and only get Strength on the way.
Eye of Chayula is also not really an option as the new cold amu is a far better option.

For now I am wearing a Snakepit and forged a shorter Stun duration on a flask. It's not optimal, but well... don't know what else I could do.
I'd like to take 2 Snakepit and replace LMP, but how get the needed resistances in that case?

Maybe the build is easier to do with a witch, like described here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1746064

Not sure though, this is the first char I'm playing longer.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Jan 26, 2017, 7:17:14 AM
LATE EDIT: Problem solved !!

Long Live the Templars !!!!
Last edited by InfinityAtEnd on Jan 27, 2017, 4:56:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info