[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

Is just perfect. Huge damage boost, 30% inc. freeze duration means a lot for freeze threshold and DEX plus resistances are useful.

You loose ES, but the amulet gives such boost that you could take ES from another place.
noob question guys.
got some issues with requirements on using some gems, for instances WM or Herald of Ice. I don't have so much STR or DEX to equip (WM) or to level up (Herald)
I am low level btw
What would be the support gem priority for Freezing Pulse ? For example, if you have a 4L or 5L, what support gem should I use first ?
I was wondering how this performs in breaches (on merc+maps+higher tier maps) - do you kill/freeze fast enough to not get overwhelmed?

And I think of going with a Dual-Spelltotem setup for hardcore, you don't have to stand still to cast, and can dodge stuff better or just be on the other side of the screen while your totems clear.

A friend of mine got lvl 98 on EHC with this last league, doing all content incl. guardians:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheHardest/characters
Char: AMAYAYA - hybrid es/life, with mind of matter and eldritch battery!

Any other thoughts on this?
So I am playing this build right now.
I am currently Level 74 and I am dying a lot. Especially against bosses.
I have ABSOLUTELY no clue how you perma freeze bosses they dont even get frozen for a damn milisecond. OFC build is not finished yet especially some jewel nodes still missing but I just keep dying and dying and dying. Also no way for me to kill Izaro on Merc. I do far too less dmg and his green shit balls are oneshotting me...
Any ideas? (Besides getting better gear ofc)
Well, i die a lot aswell, but its getting better - i plan switch to CI finally after next level. I didnt try merciless Izaro yet, as obviously i have low damage and its not worth the risk, i will just wait for lvl 20 gem and better weapon to do it. So far i'm up to L4 maps, and freezing bosses works, well kinda - its already there, just not perma... yet! :-) Better with slower projectiles. But the key to this build is in flask management, its kinda harder them my usual "one panic button" build.

Still, breaches are just pain. Some of them are able to kill me so damn fast, and i guess on these map levels these are still the easy ones - especially compared to my friend with golem build, who can just stay and collect loot while everything dies, ehm. But again, i still think i just need to move better, need faster weapon for whirling blades, etc.

So my point is, its not easy autowin build, but i still have hope for it! :)
Last edited by evilmindcz on Dec 7, 2016, 10:51:34 AM
Hi!

Two questions:
1) Why Inquisitor? Assassin has some nice perks, including power charge generation vs bosses and, more importantly, can shred boss res WAY below 0%, unlike Inquisitor.

2) Wouldn't Frostbolt (as gem swap) be better for single target? Given the high crit chance, you should be able to get off freezes reliably anyway and the base damage is FAR higher than that of FP.
"
Laudenswain wrote:
noob question guys.
got some issues with requirements on using some gems, for instances WM or Herald of Ice. I don't have so much STR or DEX to equip (WM) or to level up (Herald)
I am low level btw

In both cases, just don't level them too much. You just need WM at level 1 for the leech and HoI is important for the explosions to trigger CoH.
"
What would be the support gem priority for Freezing Pulse ? For example, if you have a 4L or 5L, what support gem should I use first ?

I leave the last Controlled Destruction because most important is to achieve always crit and you need good gear and a high level passive tree to compensate the crit penalization from that support.

For a 4L I prefer to remove Increased Critical Damage support.
"
SymphonyX wrote:
So I am playing this build right now.
I am currently Level 74 and I am dying a lot. Especially against bosses.
I have ABSOLUTELY no clue how you perma freeze bosses they dont even get frozen for a damn milisecond. OFC build is not finished yet especially some jewel nodes still missing but I just keep dying and dying and dying. Also no way for me to kill Izaro on Merc. I do far too less dmg and his green shit balls are oneshotting me...
Any ideas? (Besides getting better gear ofc)

Make your char tab public so I can take I look. Most important is that you always crit (with Power Charges or Diamond Flask), so you have 100% chance to freeze plus set zero to mob resistances. Then you need to focus on freeze duration from jewels (is just like a "more" damage) and then damage. Vaal Lightning Trap helps a lot to increase your damage against bosses and of course, switch to Slower Projectiles.
Last edited by mas_mariano on Dec 8, 2016, 1:40:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info