ZiggyD's Essence League Beginner's Guide

I didn't even like invasion league, but now I'm starting to appreciate it.

"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
How will players know which essences can upgrade into Corrupted-tier ones? Is there an in-game indicator of droplevel group, with some explanation that only top droplevel group ones can upgrade into corrupted-tier?

GGG likes these sorts of things to be based on player discovery. But you can always cheat a bit and just refer to my cheat sheet ;)

1) What tier is exclusive essences (example Hysteria) we get from corruption??? Are they final T7, or NOT and can be further upgraded by exchange 3 of kind to next Tier?!

2) Does Corrupted Only Essences has any level restriction/ Essence tier restriction which being corrupted? For example: can i get Corrupted Only Essences by corrupting T1 Essences in low level instance such as Tidal Island in Normal?

3) Why did you separate this two meanings: +1 Tier to All Essences and Upgrade All Essences to Essence From Next Level Range?
Isn't second means: can get -1 or +1, which includes the first meaning?!

4) Does Instance/map level affect Essence tier? Or we can get T1 Essence even in T15 map?!

Last edited by CBEToffOP on Aug 29, 2016, 5:54:14 AM
"
Glad90 wrote:

lolwut?!

The dude who brought up Solo Self Found Unique Only Challenge and killed first form of Merveil with no items and no skills is a softcore player who doesn't do hard things?..... oooookay...

kill merveil, brutus, is more "who has best pc" than skills, hard things are kill merveil? you are new here? dude, hard thing in this game is get all challenges like me, I killed 20 ambrius solo with yellow maps, hard thing is to be a top ladder after 3 months, kill uber atziri with essence drain build like projectpt, die in core map like projectpt with 100% + extra lighting damage on a yellow core tier 15 map

"
Glad90 wrote:
Also, it's been already said a lot of times, that it's not like GGG GAVE all the news to Ziggy. It's just that he TOOK a lot of the news - spend his vacation to go to NZ, asked if it's ok to come to GGG, etc, etc. So, yeah, there is no reason to complain. Don't get me wrong, your argument about different streamers is completely legit, it's just that it does not apply in this particular case.

I dont have problems with ziggy, I dont talk in ziggy twitch channel, I watch and talk who has hardcore builds or do really amazing things like bakedchick, sorry, but u looks like a ziggy's fan, my complains and I think that all ppl complains is about GGG behavior
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
Last edited by Moshe_of_Succubus on Aug 29, 2016, 6:56:21 AM
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
How will players know which essences can upgrade into Corrupted-tier ones? Is there an in-game indicator of droplevel group, with some explanation that only top droplevel group ones can upgrade into corrupted-tier?

GGG likes these sorts of things to be based on player discovery. But you can always cheat a bit and just refer to my cheat sheet ;)

1) What tier is exclusive essences (example Hysteria) we get from corruption??? Are they final T7, or NOT and can be further upgraded by exchange 3 of kind to next Tier?!

2) Does Corrupted Only Essences has any level restriction/ Essence tier restriction which being corrupted? For example: can i get Corrupted Only Essences by corrupting T1 Essences in low level instance such as Tidal Island in Normal?

3) Why did you separate this two meanings: +1 Tier to All Essences and Upgrade All Essences to Essence From Next Level Range?
Isn't second means: can get -1 or +1, which includes the first meaning?!

4) Does Instance/map level affect Essence tier? Or we can get T1 Essence even in T15 map?!

Interesting questions. Especially the last one (4) is very important because at the end you'll only want to use T7 essences. To have a T7 you need to sell 9 T5 (highest which can drop without corruption). If all essences (again not corrupted) have the same probability of spawning, then you would have to find 9*15=135 essences to get a specific T7. If round about one essence spawns per map, then it will be almost as funny as collecting talismans in Talisman League ...
Summarized.

You get many kinds of chaos orbs with limited ilvstat() roll ranges.

Those orbs, grant one stat per kind in the rolls, but others are limited in a level based on the essence tier.

Max. tier essences functionality is like chaos (no level limitation in rolls), but granting a stat.

At first look it provides only an alternate way of item smart.craft other than: alt>aug>reg>ex (Repeat=256)

Now you can iterate the old way, roll the chaos orb dice or roll essence dice=> top end result being close to the same, despite some exclusive stats emerge from using esences, eventually.

A big boost at low-mid level (not higher than perandus, talismans etc), but not a very big difference in end results at high level or with consolidated chars (using some uniques etc.)

¿Balancing issues? ¿Exist? ¿Or they are only an illusion? Lets think about.

In all cases looks that orbs of alchemy and chaos arent used for crafting any more while they keep their obsolete base functionality, "the less RNG (granting 1 good stat)" of essences makes old orbs a waste(if someone still uses them in big amounts lol). I think a really small amount of people uses chaos for crafting right now (due to the too high RNG component) but with this will be even less.

Balance with old currencies can be achieved by:

A) you will get lots of essences everywherem but Essence RNG is an absolute junk, and despite the ensured stat, you will allways get junkie stats in the other mod components ~~ (RNG SCAM balancing)

B) OR obtaining essences from mobs is a "pain" due them being hard to kill or hard to find. But when you get your hands into hard-work earned essence you will get balanced rolls on items (Scarcity balancing, looks "fair" and less frustrating to player that option A).

Anyway, to get "atleast" the must-have pair/trio of good stats, you need to spend a non neglectable amount of "high tier" essence (to reroll items with the right ilv stats).

All this looks very interesing, but I wonder how this fits to permanent leagues without a full currency system overhaul.

Last edited by Halugar on Aug 29, 2016, 6:29:05 AM
"
Halugar wrote:

+1
Yes it kinda depressing!
For example: i am satisfied with mod from T3 Essence (don't want to collect 3 of kind to have T4 once) and want to use it on lvl84 base item! But all others mods will be restricted to Essence tier, not item lvl! WHY?

WHY i can't get High level rolls with low level unique mod from Essence?
Who cares how ugly the streamer looks as long it gives you information on how to improve your game. Supporting them is just your personal choice in life.

Prefer to support the main developer GGG so they can put more effort in developing their content.

Essence league looks ok. Not much content but with the atlas of worlds. It's balanced.
https://www.pathofexile.com/

Can't wait, i think i'll do a melee character after my dual RF totem in prophecy.
Last edited by Lyanar on Aug 29, 2016, 6:47:05 AM
Showcasing core league mechanics well before it's released, eh?

Transparency and teasing is one thing, but the complete and utter revealing of bosses, maps, and mechanics really takes away from the sense of self discovery.

Also, I refuse to watch this crap. Stop relying on streamers, guides, and youtubers for everything. Gain your own opinion and think for yourself.
in chris we trust <3
Last edited by Gojiras on Aug 29, 2016, 7:38:30 AM
omfg srsly again with ziggy....now ur doin this on purpose..good to kno

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info