Two new uniques: The Brass Dome & Kitava's Thirst

It seems that GGG changed their design philosophy

Changed from "make most uniques vendor trash and the other 1% op" to " make them interesting and viable"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Hrishi_GGG wrote:
Just wanted to clarify that this item's trigger does not work with Blood Magic.

Cheers!

What about with Eldritch Battery? I'm guessing that still works with it, since that should still count as 'skills costing mana', but I wanna make sure.

"
acme_myst wrote:
If that helm works with soul taker.. Use ST in offhand, then brightbeak + mace-only skill to proc it?

That *should* work, since soul taker still attempts to pay the manacost (after all, it doesn't say you need to pay the 100 mana, just that the skill needs have a cost of 100 or more). The main issue would be getting an attack with a melee weapon to cost over 100 mana per use... guess Voidbringer (and maybe Fevered Mind) would go a hell of a ways for that though. Seems like a fun gimmick to try, I might have to make an effort to get that this league.

Also, that armor... damn. That'll look good on the 2h axe juggernaut I'm planning for my first build in 2.4. The downsides will be practically non-existent and the upsides will be borderline sacrilegious. Guess that's one way to make perma-IC less relevant.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 28, 2016, 7:27:07 PM
"
Hrishi_GGG wrote:

Cheers!

Thx a lot for the clarification, at least that's one angle covered.

Could you expand on things like soul-taker and energy shield eldritch battery users?

Technically they are not using "mana" but can still activate skills that cost more then 100 mana.
I think it would be beautiful if it only worked with pure mana, but that might be impossible from a technical point of view.

Cheers though, it's interesting, but if it can be abused one way or the other via alternate means of resource generation it's going to be hard to cap it's output.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : nobody looking at that trickster shadow ascendancy node yet? MoM/acro + phase and mana replenish% on cast. Could be a good item to inspire builds with it, i like it.

And i like how the proq rate is reasonable if certain conditions are not breached.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 28, 2016, 7:36:29 PM

Did you guys learn nothing from Mjolner ? ROFL

And you can wear this WITH Mjolner. I. Dont. Even. Anymore.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

MJ is a slow and boring build. Don't even know why they nerfed it.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Boem wrote:

edit : nobody looking at that trickster shadow ascendancy node yet? MoM/acro + phase and mana replenish% on cast. Could be a good item to inspire builds with it, i like it.

And i like how the proq rate is reasonable if certain conditions are not breached.

Guess i sugested it a few times here. You talking about Weave the Arcane from trisckster right?
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

MJ is a slow and boring build. Don't even know why they nerfed it.
Nah its not slow at all, Mjolner is still ridiculously good. It just got better too because thanks to think helmet, each gem for a spell increases the damage and clear exponentially. Wearing this with a Mjolner you quite literally probably just increased your damage by 4-5 times, even more if you use physical spells and poison double dipping mechanics from something like assassin.

The chest piece has flavor and down sides, this helmet is just straight up busted.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
If 100 mana needs to be consumed so they should fix the sentence and turn it in:
"...when u consume at least 100 mana with a skill"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Wearing this with a Mjolner you quite literally probably just increased your damage by 4-5 times, even more if you use physical spells and poison double dipping mechanics from something like assassin.

Nah. Mjolner can trigger three Discharges twelve times with one Molten Strike activation (three swings with a shitload of Projectiles). Kitava's Thirst triggers once every nine swings on average (Multistrike means three swings with one Cost).

I don't think it'll be a great offensive boost to Multistrike users. There's probably plenty of potential, but you can't just slap it on anything and get serious DPS from it. Still free Spell casts though. Lots of utility potential, and someone's going to break the world with it.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 28, 2016, 8:13:55 PM
"
Hrishi_GGG wrote:

Cheers!

It reads like it should work as it relates to cost of mana not how mana is spent.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Aug 28, 2016, 8:25:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info