WTB Kitavas Thirst
"
CaoMengde wrote:
WTB Kitavas Thirst

Thirsty meta builds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 28, 2016, 10:20:13 PM
The trigger skill does not need to be a damaging skill. It only has to have 100 or more mana cost, which can be achieved even with cheap skills with the right mana cost multipliers.

So here's an idea: dual Apep's with any spell (suggestion: Firestorm) socketed in the helmet, then trigger it with Wither.
"
The trigger skill does not need to be a damaging skill. It only has to have 100 or more mana cost, which can be achieved even with cheap skills with the right mana cost multipliers.

So here's an idea: dual Apep's with any spell (suggestion: Firestorm) socketed in the helmet, then trigger it with Wither.

This helm should not be used as the main damage source like CoC can since its proc rate is only 30% unlke 69% Coc.

The way it should be used is as a supplementary damage source for ranged spell casters and frost wall shenanigans.
Maybe even see the first ever spell/attack hybrids builds revolving around stacking phys/area/poison with lacerate + physical spells.
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 28, 2016, 10:44:13 PM
Helm - nothing special
Chest - fail from juggernaut pov. U get lot of armor, but u dont need it because u have perma ic. U loose life from kaom (lot of life regen), so u can forget devoto and non life rings ...
"
innervation wrote:
"

You just made me wonder how a self cast 6l discharge with this helm unleashing something like Firestorm/Ice Nova/ Shock Nova would look. Have no idea if it would be end game viable but just sounds so fun.

I did self cast discharge this league - you wouldn't want/need AoE spells in the helm - you clear the screen in one shot. You need help killing bosses (I had to switch to flameblast for uber lab and T9+ bosses). Maybe something like Fireball + Magma Orb + Firestorm + conc effect. The problem there is after you clear the minions (1-2 discharges) you're then only casting discharge against bosses every ~3.5 seconds, so a 30% proc rate from the helm wouldn't be very helpful when you need it most, and superfluous when you don't.

People thinking incinerate are on the right track (if you're looking for more than utility spells to be cast) - you need a spell or attack that happens quickly and frequently. You then need that spell to do one of two things: Be good in a small area to use on blues/yellows and let your gems in the helm clear trash with a large aoe. Or, be good at clearing the the screen and let the helm gems then focus fire whatever is left standing (a rare or boss mob).

The second isn't great in practice from what I've read. There was just a thread about trying to make Cast on Melee Kill work with Earthquake and Storm Call. Someone had said that they already tried, and that the storm calls cast where the white mobs die - not on the bosses where you need it to.

So it looks like we should focus on the first option - support up a good, single projectile incinerate and watch as your helm summons large AoE spells like meteors from the sky on everything around what your incinerate is pointed at.

Additionally the best reason to use incinerate is because it isn't supported by spell echo, so you don't lose out on a pretty great cast speed boost by not using it. Using echo will mean spending mana only half as often, which is usually great but awful for using this helm. Using other spells and foregoing echo, without using mines/traps, means you're being less efficient than you could be unless your skill 1-shots screens of magics/rares. In which case what use is there to triggering via the helm?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by DarkWap on Aug 28, 2016, 11:20:51 PM
If i shoot a volley of split arrow into a massive pack and the effect procs does it only cast the spells on a single target instead of multiple targets?
I went ahead and fixed the wording on the mod so that it's a lot more clear as to what works and what doesn't.

It now reads: 30% chance to Cast Socketed Spells when you Spend at least 100 Mana to Use a Skill

Sorry about that, everyone!
"
Hrishi_GGG wrote:
I went ahead and fixed the wording on the mod so that it's a lot more clear as to what works and what doesn't.

It now reads: 30% chance to Cast Socketed Spells when you Spend at least 100 Mana to Use a Skill

Sorry about that, everyone!

Are they league-specific?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info