Two new uniques: The Brass Dome & Kitava's Thirst

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Wearing this with a Mjolner you quite literally probably just increased your damage by 4-5 times, even more if you use physical spells and poison double dipping mechanics from something like assassin.

Nah. Mjolner can trigger three Discharges twelve times with one Molten Strike activation (three swings with a shitload of Projectiles). Kitava's Thirst triggers once every nine swings on average (Multistrike means three swings with one Cost).

I don't think it'll be a great offensive boost to Multistrike users. There's probably plenty of potential, but you can't just slap it on anything and get serious DPS from it. Still free Spell casts though. Lots of utility potential, and someone's going to break the world with it.
Well see, the fact that you can socket in Physical Spells is the scariest part because of how high they scale with poison and assassins.

Im eager to see what people do with it exactly.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
For the helmet to prevent possible loops and things in my mind that's absolutely ridiculous,kana cost should be upped to at least 150,so the commitments made would be reasonable.

You think this 100 mana is normal for such powerful effects when some skills can have easily 100?Rethink this before having the Next league typical whine of why it will get needed.

This thread acts as a warning site of what abuses already thought.And for that low level I bet its essense bound,but still...
Bye bye desync!
I got lost on 3 options of spells to trigger it fast: incinerate, firestorm and summon raging skulls.

Summon raging skulls would be fun, with pledge of hands, and weave the arcane. (tricskter) with summon skells on helmet to trigger.

firestorm + kaom + pledge of hands MOM + voidbringer + warlords mark + rallying cry + rallying cry jewel (inquisitor)

incinerate + tricskter + Acro/MoM

I like the idea of spells triggering spells, not attacks like coc.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Did you guys learn nothing from Mjolner ? ROFL

And you can wear this WITH Mjolner. I. Dont. Even. Anymore.

MJ is a slow and boring build. Don't even know why they nerfed it.
Nah its not slow at all, Mjolner is still ridiculously good. It just got better too because thanks to think helmet, each gem for a spell increases the damage and clear exponentially. Wearing this with a Mjolner you quite literally probably just increased your damage by 4-5 times, even more if you use physical spells and poison double dipping mechanics from something like assassin.

The chest piece has flavor and down sides, this helmet is just straight up busted.

Getting enough mana spent to trigger while using mjolner would be annoying though, if you're using lightning/molten strike you're using multistrike which cuts down mana costs/sec a ton.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
HoockBr wrote:

You just made me wonder how a self cast 6l discharge with this helm unleashing something like Firestorm/Ice Nova/ Shock Nova would look. Have no idea if it would be end game viable but just sounds so fun.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
diablofdb wrote:
and yeah watching the podcast, I think I now prefer liftingNerd as podcast host than Zeno, hoping ZiggyD will stick around with them.

No one ever liked Zeno, he was a horrible human being..

Only reason I watched podcast before was for Hege-hyung, and then Ziggy came along. New podcast still has both, so yeah.. It's way better now without "TY4Scam<3"

As for the Uniques, I'm really intrigued by that Helm.. Dual Apep's anyone? :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Aug 28, 2016, 9:34:51 PM
"
HoockBr wrote:
I got lost on 3 options of spells to trigger it fast: incinerate, firestorm and summon raging skulls.

Summon raging skulls would be fun, with pledge of hands, and weave the arcane. (tricskter) with summon skells on helmet to trigger.

firestorm + kaom + pledge of hands MOM + voidbringer + warlords mark + rallying cry + rallying cry jewel (inquisitor)

incinerate + tricskter + Acro/MoM

Manual spark + every other projectiles in the helm.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
As for the Uniques, I'm really intrigued by that Helm.. Dual Apep's anyone? :P

Dual apep incinerate trickster MoM / Acro

Yeah will be great.

What spells on helmet for it? maybe 2 lightning spells, and 2 cold spells, so u can trigger elemental equilibrium. so many ideas.
"
HoockBr wrote:
What spells on helmet for it? maybe 2 lightning spells, and 2 cold spells, so u can trigger elemental equilibrium. so many ideas.

I wouldn't go 4 full Spells, a Support Gem goes a LONG way.. Would you rather a 4th Spell, or a CD on all 3? or 2 Supports on 2 Spells?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Aug 28, 2016, 9:56:35 PM
"

You just made me wonder how a self cast 6l discharge with this helm unleashing something like Firestorm/Ice Nova/ Shock Nova would look. Have no idea if it would be end game viable but just sounds so fun.

I did self cast discharge this league - you wouldn't want/need AoE spells in the helm - you clear the screen in one shot. You need help killing bosses (I had to switch to flameblast for uber lab and T9+ bosses). Maybe something like Fireball + Magma Orb + Firestorm + conc effect. The problem there is after you clear the minions (1-2 discharges) you're then only casting discharge against bosses every ~3.5 seconds, so a 30% proc rate from the helm wouldn't be very helpful when you need it most, and superfluous when you don't.

People thinking incinerate are on the right track (if you're looking for more than utility spells to be cast) - you need a spell or attack that happens quickly and frequently. You then need that spell to do one of two things: Be good in a small area to use on blues/yellows and let your gems in the helm clear trash with a large aoe. Or, be good at clearing the the screen and let the helm gems then focus fire whatever is left standing (a rare or boss mob).

The second isn't great in practice from what I've read. There was just a thread about trying to make Cast on Melee Kill work with Earthquake and Storm Call. Someone had said that they already tried, and that the storm calls cast where the white mobs die - not on the bosses where you need it to.

So it looks like we should focus on the first option - support up a good, single projectile incinerate and watch as your helm summons large AoE spells like meteors from the sky on everything around what your incinerate is pointed at.
Last edited by innervation on Aug 28, 2016, 9:54:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info