Inquisitor Maybe?

why not spark ? rip fps :D

spark is a laggy skill? i was aiming for this D:
my english sux.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
@Viper, exactly :) maybe that new jewel that gives flat mana per jewel multiplied with itself the grand spectral ones i think they are named? Could be potent with this build.

Spot on :) I was hinting at the Grand Spectrum Jewels, yeah.

My first one to drop

Last edited by Kavlor on Aug 29, 2016, 11:35:10 AM
"
Boem wrote:

@Wooser69, your correct, just like vipermagi is correct in a purely theoretical sense.

But in actual game-play you get confronted with pack size modifiers from sustaining penalty's. So in reality an end-game build utilizing this helmet will have to most likely rely on a massive base-pool + mana leech and increased leech rate.

It will be fun, but gimmicky to run it on regen purely for example and it will cost you a lot of currency in the long run.

Not that i mind that, but i wouldn't build in that direction myself because i don't like to limit my builds with to many negative modifiers in maps.(solo player, so i like to prepare builds that don't require any reroll cost and run whatever i get)

But really, it will be interesting to see how people approach this one :).

Peace,

-Boem-

Yes you can't do reduced recovery rate maps, but then neither can RF builds, nothing new and map mods might get changed in the future to allow a better spread of pack size.

Meanwhile on any other map mod a Hierophant is quite capable of sustaining at a high cast speed:

A min/maxed tree can get ~200% increased mana and 300%+ regen from the tree alone - with gear (praxis, atziri's foible, survival secrets) and base regen from skills (clarity x1.19 effect, rallying cry) you can manage to reach 3.1K max mana with ~495 regen/s, before leech and flasks.
Incinerate linked with gmp, added chaos and fire pen, alongside 460% cost increase from 3 fevered mind jewels, apeps and voidbringers, minus 29% cost decrease from tree and -4 flat from praxis gets incinerate to roughly 113 mana/cast. With minimal cast speed on the tree and dual apeps you can look to spend about 855/s (360/s total loss).
You'd need 10 hits against a boss to reach max mana leech rate of 20%/s, which with incinerate and firestorms in the helm and leech from warlords or mana leech gem would be do-able. You'd then be able to gain 600/s from leech, sustaining and recovering a profit of roughly 240 mana/s. And again, flasks are an option, eternal manas or hallowed hybrids give 96/s. Praxis will help to mitigate mana loss from taking damage also.

Even if you don't bother with incinerate, there's always the much cheaper and easier option of proccing off casting flame totem, firestorm and curses draining way less mana/s at the cost of proccing way less (as well as not using romiras and conviction of power for perma IC).
Those would only need dual apeps/voidbringers to reach 100 per cast with pual praxis, requiring no fevered minds and allowing the use of grand spectrum cobalt jewels as well as freeing up your glove/hand slots and allowing dual praxis. Your choice on whether you want perma IC and damage from incinerate or triple totems for boss killing while not relying on leech at all.

Whichever way you go about it, Hierophant is gonna rule with this helmet.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Aug 29, 2016, 11:41:50 AM
"
C1111 wrote:
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:
Dual Wield Mjölner + Kitava + Cyclone = cast 10 Instances of Arc

Aka True Thundergod

Just add Mana Leech + Added Gems and scale cost up

Scale Ele Damage on Tree

Inquisitor Maybe?

why not spark ? rip fps :D

spark is a laggy skill? i was aiming for this D:

i know its 2 years old, but this setup could do a similar job :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5CNxZk2VE
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Aug 29, 2016, 11:50:59 AM

This is what i have come up with.

Dual appeps, 1x mings heart, EK main + bladefall secondary proq.

All depends on poison rework though, but you could get some beastly cast speed going and poison stacking as a result.
Depending on final mana cost per EK, you could go poison dagger, freeing up a poison slot in both main/helm cast. And replace poison in main with cast speed to compensate losing appeps.
You also get a shield in return so thats cool and free whirling blades.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Wooser69 wrote:

Whichever way you go about it, Hierophant is gonna rule with this helmet.

Look at the second GGG quote in this thread.

"mana spend" = hierophant is going to suck with this helmet because he has 100% reduced mana cost, meaning you spend 0.

But the rest seems possible, though i consider it a high investment for a return that can't run all map mods.
I prefer pushing the mana really high and going trickster to benefit from the 20% to restore 10% mana.
And possibly using mana leech in the secondary cast to fill in gaps.(your mana leech cap is going to be quite spectacular with a high base pool, making mana leech efficienct imo)

Mass dodge backed up with life/mom defensive pool should do fine with this. 61% spell dodge can be achieved to counter reflect and 50% dodge + base evasion.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : or you have to skip the final node in hierophant, then there are indeed a lot of possibility's with him.
Sort of neglected that, cause i consider the reduced mana cost one of the main selling points of hierophant, apologies.

edit 2 : so, hierophant with illu devotion/conviction of power/divine guidance/pursuit of faith could definitely be a thing.
Last edited by Boem on Aug 29, 2016, 12:12:08 PM
One thing to remember is that projectile procs tend to have horrible aim.
So picking anyting without radial AoE or auto targeting (arc) is probably going to be a fools game.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
For the love of god stop penalizing movement speed on uniques.
"
Mannoth wrote:
One thing to remember is that projectile procs tend to have horrible aim.
So picking anyting without radial AoE or auto targeting (arc) is probably going to be a fools game.

Don't remind me of my spark trapper please. It was painful to watch and a waste leveling to 65 to get that result.

'-.-

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

This is what i have come up with.

Dual appeps, 1x mings heart, EK main + bladefall secondary proq.

All depends on poison rework though, but you could get some beastly cast speed going and poison stacking as a result.
Depending on final mana cost per EK, you could go poison dagger, freeing up a poison slot in both main/helm cast. And replace poison in main with cast speed to compensate losing appeps.
You also get a shield in return so thats cool and free whirling blades.

Or you can play this, be at ~4k life and 4,5k ES with hybrid life/es gear and oneshot everything with EK without needing additional procs? This build was dealing 150k dps in in the Awakening expansion before they buffed EK damage and without any ascendancy class, now it'll have at least 200k burst damage not counting any poison and cruise through the game in business class :P Flexible gearing, no mandatory items, smooth and straightforward leveling and great scaling in endgame with a decent HP pool and excellent clear speed.

But hey, what do I know :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 29, 2016, 12:25:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info