Two new uniques: The Brass Dome & Kitava's Thirst

"
Boem wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
HoockBr wrote:
So its confirmed: Incinerate is the trigger, the fastest spell without spell echoo. (since echoo wont work)

Unless incinerate uses 100 mana per cast it will not work, it drains mana fast moe than 100/s, but doesnt use 100 mana per one cast.

If you can get incinerate to 100 mana cost, your going to be draining your pool so fast that even full regen + a mana pot will not sustain the pool.

So yeah fastest cast that actually works against you in a build like this. There will be a breaking point of efficiency where cast/attack speed + sustain are in balance to proq the helm and that will be optimal to ensure both offense and defense in the build.

Peace,

-Boem-

But the faster you drain mana, the more casts you'll get within a set amount of time, letting you kill way faster.

Combine with mana leech, boatloads of max mana and regen, you will sustain.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Aug 29, 2016, 10:02:15 AM
"
Boem wrote:

If you can get incinerate to 100 mana cost, your going to be draining your pool so fast that even full regen + a mana pot will not sustain the pool.

You can get incinerate to 100 manacost, you'll need voidbringers and one or two of the corrupted jewels which increase manacost though.

Then you'll just have to sustain roughly 1000 mana per second, which I assume will be a piece of cake.

/irony

Anyway, assuming you 1. get incinerate to 110 mana cost and 2. you manage to sustain, let's say, 1100 mana per second with ten casts per second, you'll get rouhgly 3 spell procs per second. Let's say these procs will be 1.5 times better than Mjolner procs since you can only put 3 gems in a Mjolner as opposed to 4 in the helm, so this will be roughly equal to 4,5 mjolner procs per second.

A molten strike + GMP + LMP mjolner setup will produce 9 hits per attack, assuming you can bring it to 5 attacks per second with multistrike (a reasonable standard, you can doubtlessly achieve more), that will be 45 hits or 13.5 procs per second. You can also use a cyclone + molten strike + LMP + GMP + faster attacks + multistrike setup to use cyclone for trash clear and MS for single target damage and considerably speed up your clear speed, while with incinerate you are rooted in one place.

So, a non-legacy mjolner will be roughly 3 times better in terms of DPS output. One might argue incinerate deals quite a lot of damage on its own and it's ranged, so let's assume - highly hypothetically - this will more or less equal it out. Nevertheless, considering the huge investment you'll need to sustain the mana cost, TLDR: I don't see this helmet being as good as mjolner and I don't see it being nowhere as good as CoC in its current state for DPS builds.

What it might provide is some utility with non-damaging spells, as people suggest. Stuff like totems and offerings. Also perhaps ball lightning + increased crit strikes to proc Elemental Overload. So, it should be useful but I don't see it being nowhere near as broken as some people seem to think.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 29, 2016, 10:09:40 AM
^To address some points.

@Viper, exactly :) maybe that new jewel that gives flat mana per jewel multiplied with itself the grand spectral ones i think they are named? Could be potent with this build.

@Thesaddestsong, i am going to bet my left nut that that ascendancy passive has the lowest pick rate of trickster across all league's.
So making it relevant to certain builds doesn't make it OP, it just makes it relevant and interesting.
Something i think it failed to do previously.

@Wooser69, your correct, just like vipermagi is correct in a purely theoretical sense.

But in actual game-play you get confronted with pack size modifiers from sustaining penalty's. So in reality an end-game build utilizing this helmet will have to most likely rely on a massive base-pool + mana leech and increased leech rate.

It will be fun, but gimmicky to run it on regen purely for example and it will cost you a lot of currency in the long run.

Not that i mind that, but i wouldn't build in that direction myself because i don't like to limit my builds with to many negative modifiers in maps.(solo player, so i like to prepare builds that don't require any reroll cost and run whatever i get)

But really, it will be interesting to see how people approach this one :).

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : @Bars while your assessment is correct, your neglecting an important benefit of this helmet i think. The fact it doesn't have any spell limitations like mjollnir has.
But i agree, it is far less abusable as people seem to think, which is why i call it a well designed unique and give credit to hrishi for his efforts.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 29, 2016, 10:11:38 AM
"
Boem wrote:
^To address some points.

@Viper, exactly :) maybe that new jewel that gives flat mana per jewel multiplied with itself the grand spectral ones i think they are named? Could be potent with this build.

@Thesaddestsong, i am going to bet my left nut that that ascendancy passive has the lowest pick rate of trickster across all league's.
So making it relevant to certain builds doesn't make it OP, it just makes it relevant and interesting.
Something i think it failed to do previously.

@Wooser69, your correct, just like vipermagi is correct in a purely theoretical sense.

But in actual game-play you get confronted with pack size modifiers from sustaining penalty's. So in reality an end-game build utilizing this helmet will have to most likely rely on a massive base-pool + mana leech and increased leech rate.

It will be fun, but gimmicky to run it on regen purely for example and it will cost you a lot of currency in the long run.

Not that i mind that, but i wouldn't build in that direction myself because i don't like to limit my builds with to many negative modifiers in maps.(solo player, so i like to prepare builds that don't require any reroll cost and run whatever i get)

But really, it will be interesting to see how people approach this one :).

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : @Bars while your assessment is correct, your neglecting an important benefit of this helmet i think. The fact it doesn't have any spell limitations like mjollnir has.
But i agree, it is far less abusable as people seem to think, which is why i call it a well designed unique and give credit to hrishi for his efforts.

every char can sustain 1000+ mana cost per sec but like trickster it will be soo easy and for ES based chars can forget about big ES lose on the helmet
"
Boem wrote:

Spot on :) I was hinting at the Grand Spectrum Jewels, yeah.
"
Boem wrote:

You can link Discharge to a mjolner and a very nice budget alternative, Arc. I don't think they will magically discover something which hits harder than discharge. Being able to use bladefall will be nice but good luck scaling both BF and incinerate and getting the mana sustain.

I assume there will be a few funky builds with this unique but I'll be very surprised if they discover something top-tier.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
This item can be considered quite perfect in it's own right. It facilitates a slew of builds that didn't have anything going for it.

And in doing so, it also spurs the economy around items centered for such builds.

I like it, quite a lot. But i guess so much was already clear.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : @Bars they will. Looking at incinerate is a logical first step, but it's a noobtrap.

I have no doubt this item will provide some sweet builds. I wouldn't immediately jump to "meta builds", since those are very much defined by clear speed rather then interesting mechanical interactions.

But for mechanic junks like me, this item is a beauty to behold.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 29, 2016, 10:22:54 AM
I don't even know, there are so many combinations, it's very likely that there will be smth crazy strong. Some combinations which came to mind-

-incinerate (ignite) + flamesurge in helm
-crit tendrils + volls protector + discharge in helm
-flameblast + empire grasp (reversed knockback) + random skill in helm + knockback (maybe + spell totem)
-random damage skill + hypothermia in main links + arctic breath in helm
-poisoning incinerate + wither in helm
How about 3 arcs and 1 spell echoo on helmet, do u think it works? Would go to 6 casts.

If spell echoo on helmet works than u can get it with summon raging skull, skells and animate weapons with it.

Can even make an arc caster on 6 linked and full raging skull on helmet, triggering elemental equilibrium, and having some nice defenses.
Last edited by HoockBr on Aug 29, 2016, 11:23:18 AM
"
HoockBr wrote:
How about 3 arcs and 1 spell echoo on helmet, do u think it works? Would go to 6 casts.

If spell echoo on helmet works than u can get it with summon raging skull, skells and animate weapons with it.

Can even make an arc caster on 6 linked and full raging skull on helmet, triggering elemental equilibrium, and having some nice defenses.

Spell echo only works on self casts, not triggers. (You can test with Mjolner for example).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info