WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

I'm just waiting for the real beta. I told myself a long time ago no more EA but did I listen to myself? NO.

I have enjoyed the alpha but there is no reason to keep coming back until new content is added. I'm patient though.
Censored.
I just think back to when there were only 2 and 3 acts of POE to play over and over. It's the same thing now for me with Wolcen, except the skills, tree and loot seem a bit more interesting to experiment with so far, IMO

Anyone know where the screenshots are stored?
Sounds like the newest version will drop at an ideal time for me to give it a go. I still got shit to do with my current PoE character.

And I'm more and more convinced this game will combine the best elements of D3 and PoE, with even a bit of Torchlight thrown in.

Dammit, they had to go and get me hyped.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
That blinking animation though.. cancer for eyes..
Its exactly like diablo 3.. you hit monster it blinks to pure white.

Imagine hitting 30 mobs on screen for one hour continuously.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
I wanted to like wolcen, but its basically never going full release. the devs dont know what they are doing, hence they completely remade the game recently
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
I wanted to like wolcen, but its basically never going full release. the devs dont know what they are doing, hence they completely remade the game recently

he loved it until he realized its world was a globe
I dont see any any key!
Yeah they should really tune down the white blinking. Other than that looks great
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Looks ok, but my only issue is its going to be an offline-type game right?

I just can't get into those anymore. If its not like PoE/D3 with an online element, I just can't get into the games anymore. I couldn't get into Grim Dawn, etc.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I find this really interesting. PoE has managed to catch two distinct type of gamers. I crave the solo and force it in a game that really doesn't work well with it, while you seem the complete opposite.

And then there's people like me who want to have their cake and eat it, too. Who prefer games designed for solo play, but also has seamless co-op integration. In other words, you can join random parties or play with friends, but you don't feel like you have to. You don't feel like you're missing out on certain tangible benefits if you play solo, nor do you think the game would be better if it were solo-only.

It may sound like a tall order, but Torchlight 2 made some valiant efforts along those lines. Selectable difficulty. Modding tools. 'Plug-and-Play' mod-enabled 6-player co-op: You search for public games and see which mods are active on each of them, and can automatically download them from Steam workshop and jump into the game. It's genius on paper.

If only it weren't 'abandoned' too early... If only they ironed out some of the quirks. If only the modding tools were a bit more comprehensive. If only it didn't have a 'cartoony' art style that put many Diablo fans off... If only.

/rant

I was hoping PoE could strike this balance, if only partially. In fact, that was the main reason I came back to it instead of giving Grim Dawn a try. An always-online game would have ample supply of randoms to party up with, after all.

Turns out, in the time I've been away, the solo/co-op dichotomy has evolved in exactly the opposite way to my tastes, in that they're most prominent where I don't want them to: Most people play solo, and the 'right' way to gear up is via trading...

ok seriously this time
/rant

Edit:
wasn't -> weren't
Bad Nemo. Bad.
I'm my own grammar Nazi.

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
Last edited by NemoJr on Nov 18, 2018, 1:08:20 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Tech beta 2 is now live. Downloading. Will comment further after experience.

Where can it be downloaded? I wanna try toooooooooo :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info