WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Although in the beta they implemented a system where you have to have a focus equipped in your off-hand to cast spells if you have a melee weapon equipped. Not sure why, I suspect balance.

Not only for melee weapons, but for anything that isn't a staff. Probably to prevent people from trying too many things at once, like a pistol-dagger hybrid attack caster. To me it feels more like a way to prevent people from making things that most likely won't work rather than a balancing thing.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Basic attacks with melee builds rage, reduces umbra. This fuels special attack skills. Basic attacks with staves (themselves a 'spell' salvo depending on the staff type) builds umbra, reduces rage. This fuels spells. This sounds simple and restrictive but it actually forces you to be very creative.

This actually makes me more excited than you'd think, because synergy between basic staff attacks and spells is something I've been craving since D2. I still remember (as a newbie Sorceress), beating monsters with a big stick in the first areas of D2, and expecting something to happen. /nostalgia

Also, it sounds like a streamlined and more intuitive version of D3's system of power generating / power spending skills, which is a plus.

Perhaps I should just give it a try and stop making you explain it to me. Then again, I think you're enjoying yourself. If anything, you'd want me to play it so we can talk about it even more. :)
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Looks like wolcen have good news - diablo is worse than wolcen...
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
ofc.. because wolcen is nothing but an empty shell.. will wait because my money was already in there from long time ago.. i cant lie to myself and praise the game.

Not yet...
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
After the Revue Starlight swing-and-a-sort-of-miss, I'm taking this one as it comes. I've put over 150 hours into the pretty barebones alpha of Wolcen. It just feels *good* to play. As they say on the internet, though, YMMV.

If you're strapped for cash I'd happily get you a copy.

I appreciate the offer, I really do. But I think you missed the part where I said I already bought it, or maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm just taking my sweet time and trying not to get too hyped, because then the wait for a "proper" release version will become unbearable.

Damn, now I really feel bad for making you explain the game to me... x)

From now, this'll be the first game I play other than PoE, I can promise you that much. The "not getting too hyped" part isn't exactly working, so I might as well give it a go at first chance.

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
this game is online like poe or just like grim dawn?
You can play online or offline. At least that's the current design.
Did the beta have an offline option?

I made my way to the big butcher dude who uses the grapple skill (yikes) Before I could battle him, I managed to fall off of the edge of his area. RIP lol
The thing I'm most looking forward to is a skill tree planner of some sort to muck around with. I'm sure that's a LONG way off.

Is the skill more fleshed out in the beta?
Oops! Yes, I meant the skill wheel.

I've been exploring some of the wheel. It's coming along nicely so far. It appears there will be a lot of unique build opportunities.

When I hit level 20 I'm going to reset and try a few different things :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info