WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

Better to begin with a sparse, efficient base and add from there, no? Seems the current alpha wheel is a bit cluttered. And there's always room for more rings!

MY BODY IS READY
Wait, has it gone into beta?
Not yet. Soon! :D
Beta is out my dudes.

Thoughts?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Wow, this is a big surprise. Very welcome -- I was inching closer to playing PoE again. Thank god this happened.

I said above that I'm worried about the dumbed-down passive tree BUT if they can nail great melee, good visuals, diverse builds...eh, fuck it, I've already got my money's worth with all that alpha play, so anything from here going in is a bonus.
I'm one of these evil gamers who's okay with steamlining and "dumbing down" if it means better "balance" or easier work load for the developer.

Still surprised i haven't had a crash yet, had several when i first brought it and tried the alpha.

My biggest issue is still understanding the games mechanics and the feeling that with melee it's hard to find a real difference between each weapon outside of stats. *playing as a Sword and Shield boy with a Gladius and Targe*
Played for an hour.

It feels much more basic even than the alpha. In alpha we had a more or less open world, a fairly complex skill tree, several quest lines and what not. This beta honestly reminds me of the Lost Epoch proof-of-concept kickstarter demo in terms of scope. That's frankly embarassing.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I can't seem to get into the beta. Doesn't show up in properties. Maybe I have to restart Steam?
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I can't seem to get into the beta. Doesn't show up in properties. Maybe I have to restart Steam?
It's the live game. Not the opt in beta.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Wow, this is slick. I love it. The melee feels *great*.

And as I said to LE's CM, I definitely see room in my gaming life for both Wolcen and Last Epoch. Wolcen's nailing the slaughterfest gameplay where it's almost more of a brawler (minus D3's baggage), Last Epoch is all about PoE-level skill variables and gear creation. They hit two very different ARPG pleasure centres for me.
Cool, will have to wait for Last Epoch to come to steam.
Yeah got to say Wolcen does melee right, so that's where i'll get my melee fix from. Magic might still be in PoE's ball court. *I mean come on, celestial cat soulrend*
Last edited by AldarisGrave on Mar 28, 2019, 9:59:52 PM
I've yet to give magic a try. Will do when i've had some lunch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info