the repercussions of COC nerf

"
plodd wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
people talk like ur firing 4 spells at once, usually its more like 2, and thats 2 spells with 0 proper supports each, its not like 2 fucking 6 link spells being cast from a completely caster based tree. 2 or 3 spell barrage/spec throw? Barely matches a simple crit bow build since the shotgun nerf.

the main one that is insane is discharge cyclone, and thats not 4 spells, its discharge. Another is bladefall, again u dont need 4 spells, just bladefall. You know how insane bladefall coc is? Its about as insane as bladefall traps, and bladefall mines, and self cast bladefall, thats how insane it is. Those shatter chuck type multiple projectile spells builds are doing less than 1/5 of the damage they were doing when they were actually op.

+1
Some people just talk so much crap about how op CoC is.

An example is a guy on here the other day was saying you can make a 1 million dps CoC build for 15 chaos to steamroll all content lol.

He was actually serious :)

It seems any logic, maths, game knowledge or common sense just fly straight out the window once people jump on the nerf brigade bandwagon.
Says the guy comparing Mirrored gear and saying its OP when it doesnt even do a fraction of what COC does lmao.

Heres yet another example, one using Lioneyes instead of Quill Rain.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1622354

Funny though how the people like you try to compare a fully mirror/legacy item character with something that can be done 15c. Fully decked out Mirrored 2H builds dont even fucking touch COC.

Go on though with the blanket insults though, fact is, i know what im talking about.

:D
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 27, 2016, 7:51:33 PM
Sad part is coc will probably get a mechanical nerf that makes it way less useful for some builds. While bladefall will probably get like a 15% less damage on the spell nerf that will in effect do nothing because 1 billion * .85 is still almost 1 billion.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Says the guy comparing Mirrored gear and saying its OP when it doesnt even do a fraction of what COC does lmao.

Heres yet another example, one using Lioneyes instead of Quill Rain.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1622354

Funny though how the people like you try to compare a fully mirror/legacy item character with something that can be done 15c. Fully decked out Mirrored 2H builds dont even fucking touch COC.

Go on though with the blanket insults though, fact is, i know what im talking about.

Except that an an endgame viable 1 million dps CoC build can't be done for 15 chaos:)

I know you know what you're talking about, ive seen a lot of your posts.

That is the point I am making.

"It seems any logic, maths, game knowledge or common sense just fly straight out the window once people jump on the nerf brigade bandwagon"

I never said mirrored gear is op, do I need to quote our previous discussion. I was trying to explain that Lightning arrow is just as op as CoC and even with equivalent gear it still clears much faster than eq.

So any balancing that's need to do done to nerf CoC should also be done to any equivalently powerful skill.

To single CoC out is CoC hysteria and nothing else.
Last edited by plodd on Aug 27, 2016, 8:16:21 PM
^ Literally ignores post because hes wrong rofl.

Yeah a fake build that doesnt exist and clearly isnt a 15c budget build totally is going to get over 50 pages worth of responses.

Nice to know you cant accept youre wrong after going on about how other people dont know what theyre talking about.

"Build is extremely cheap to start (can run up to t12 maps and normal atiri with only 4-link, crap gear and around 20 chaos"

"Rough dps calculation gives at 5 procs per second and hitting atziri 4 times with bladefall and 3 times with glacial cascade: 620k DPS with bladefall and 300k with Glacial Cascade for a whopping total of 920k DPS without stretching things too far.

My last dried lake proc tests have shown that with only the onslaught flask up, it is possible to reach 46-50 blades to spin with blade vortex. Let's reduce that to 45 to account for lags/times stunned/something going wrong, this means a WHOPPING 9 procs per second. The total DPS then becomes 1.65 MILLION!"

Directly from OPs build guide, anyways, youre wrong im right. Have a G'day :D

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 27, 2016, 8:14:52 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Yeah a fake build that doesnt exist and clearly isnt a 15c budget build totally is going to get over 50 pages worth of responses.

Nice to know you cant accept youre wrong after going on about how other people dont know what theyre talking about.

"Build is extremely cheap to start (can run up to t12 maps and normal atiri with only 4-link, crap gear and around 20 chaos"

"Rough dps calculation gives at 5 procs per second and hitting atziri 4 times with bladefall and 3 times with glacial cascade: 620k DPS with bladefall and 300k with Glacial Cascade for a whopping total of 920k DPS without stretching things too far.

My last dried lake proc tests have shown that with only the onslaught flask up, it is possible to reach 46-50 blades to spin with blade vortex. Let's reduce that to 45 to account for lags/times stunned/something going wrong, this means a WHOPPING 9 procs per second. The total DPS then becomes 1.65 MILLION!"

So youre telling me, or rather he is and youre agreeing with him, that a 6l belly and the rest of the items he hasn't linked for his build , cost a total of 20 chaos?

Mathematics anyone?
"
plodd wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

So youre telling me, or rather he is and youre agreeing with him, that a 6l belly and the rest of the items he hasn't linked for his build , cost a total of 20 chaos?

Mathematics anyone?
Maybe you should actually read and look at the gear. Do you need to have a 6L belly of the beast ? No that can be replaced easily with a Tabula or failed set Dapper Prodigy.

"Build is scalable and achieves INSANE single target dps even with a 5-link"

You keep stretching to try and prove yourself right, just admit youre wrong and move on.

You keep acting like you dont find gear or level gems yourself when you level as well, thats the most hilarious part.

Edit - Im just going to ignore you now, again, after proving your wrong, yet again.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 27, 2016, 8:27:09 PM
@Tin_Foil_Hat

Lol, you are a funny guy :)
Last edited by plodd on Aug 27, 2016, 8:36:04 PM
The only proof I need is simple logical reasoning here, I dont even need to do math. I can jump to any game and say to you what is OP in simple psychological way.
How to do it:

1)Get skill/spell name
2)Write that you want it to be nerfed (or better, make developer write that it will be nerfed)
3)Create thread dedicated to it
4)If it get popular and people will get protective then the skill deserve nerf

How it works from psychological standpoint:

1)People like everything in nature take the least resistance path, meaning they take most OP builds because they are easiest to play, meaning that they become popular
2)Nobody cares about nerf to skills that nobody use - the weak ones
3)If they care, it means that it is popular skill with is equal to OP

So taking that in account and the amount of CoC threads and their popularity, it should be nerfed.
CoC needs to be 100% proc rate on crit to not feel so clunky at times, and to go from there regarding cooldowns and damage multipliers.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Sry, but I cant stand that shi. people are writing here anymore.

COC Discharge is oneshotting even if the damage is halfed ?

And most people who are reading things like that believe it,
because they never played it, elsewhere they would know thats not correct.

The last 6 months I played some nice builds......

Miner
Trapper
Blade Vortex
Bladefall
Icestorm
Firestorm/Chaosstorm
and offcourse COC Discharge

You know what, its not even TOP 3 DPS-Wise in that list, sry.

You guys out there should look more twitch and youtube videos from
the top streamers, and then analyze the damage on UBER or CORE they
are doing with there builds.

Have you ever seen bladefall miners/trappers and BladeVortex Players
doing UBER, and then compare it with the 40-80ex COC Discharger ?

BladeVortex-Uber:
You will never see a flameblast (not even in Splitphase) - thats oneshotting !

Edit example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUcCAqNl2_Y&feature=youtu.be

Bladefall-Miner:
You will see flamblasts, but......

Edit example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7P-kQzC3Q

COC Discharge never was in this ballpark,
but you all want COC to be nerfed, rly, serious !?

Last edited by Nágash on Aug 28, 2016, 6:23:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info