the repercussions of COC nerf

CoC Discharge is too much of an economy stimulant to receive a heavy nerf. Brittles, Vagan daggers, Master multi-modding, there is so much pyramid beneath the CoC apex.

Do you really think incinerate would have received the triple hammering that it did if it had the economic stimulation that CoC Discharge does?

Hell, no.
Casually casual.

Question: If you haven't been able to earn "80ex" with your character in that amount of time, why did you consider spending it?
Broken skill. They will just make it more fair to other skills. They won't brick it, they will make it a normal skill. You want it to keep broken so you can farm anything with the least effort possible.

Wonder how people can think this as right and put it out as unfair when they are the ones playing something unfair against other just because they chose to play a different skill.

Now you will have to dodge stuff to farm hard content probably, get used to it.

Maybe they won't nerf it hard, but they should. Some skills aren't supposed to be better than other in every way just because nothing. This is lack of balance.
Sometimes...
When you invested in a clearly overpowered build you knew the chances of it getting nerfed

Its like investing stockes with Berny Madoff and crying when it crashes
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Aug 25, 2016, 8:17:38 PM
honestly i could understand CoC getting demolished. you can potentially trigger 4 normal spells at rapid and constant rates for absolutely free. think about that for a minute.

all trigger gems as soon as they entered this game changed everything, mostly because they're free. not nearly enough mana manip, no mana cost, no cast time, no movement stutter.
I hope they nerf CoC really hard. Even after a hard nerf, it will still be powerful.
"
Namcap wrote:
1. We don't know yet how it will be changed.
2. We have known for months that the change was coming, you could have sold everything then if it was such an issue.
3. If you were able to spend 80ex for that build, you probably have enough currency to buy one of the "other op build under 10 ex who does the same thing i do with much less work to get there"
4. Expecting that no build is ever changed in a game like PoE is ludicrous.

5. ...damn you didn't leave out anything for me to say.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
bye
"
Namcap wrote:
1. We don't know yet how it will be changed.
2. We have known for months that the change was coming, you could have sold everything then if it was such an issue.
3. If you were able to spend 80ex for that build, you probably have enough currency to buy one of the "other op build under 10 ex who does the same thing i do with much less work to get there"
4. Expecting that no build is ever changed in a game like PoE is ludicrous.

Word.

I can only guess the changes that may come. There might be:
-A damage penalty
-An increase in internal cooldown (so less spells/s)
-A higher mana multiplier
-Cast skills use xx% less mana (so they would have a mana cost, and would only trigger if you had enough mana)

Or it could be something completely different.

I think most likely it will be like the Voltaxic nerf at the end of Perandus (when a bunch of people quit using it but it still worked fine). But again, we'll see.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info