the repercussions of COC nerf

GGG has been hesitant to nerf CoC for years now (mainly because the argument you are stating, that it's a chore to adjust)...it's finally time to adjust.
First of all this shit shouldn't even exist. There was enough feedback and fair warnings back in the days, completely ignored at the end.
This is the mechanic which brought as much tweeks and changes all around the skill tree, as no other did.

Sorry about you OP, but it's about time. Really sorry about your work and play hours invested, I feel you. Should blame developers on it.

I hope this crap is gonna get purified with fire. The holy treatment.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
daulabuci wrote:
I played for more then 1 year to get to "endgame " and i invested everything for a CoC discharge over 80 ex .Now i understand CoC will get nerf and will indirectly screw my discharge + overall there are other op build under 10 ex who does the same thing i do with much less work to get there .

GGG i hope they will think the impact this nerf to CoC will have as players like me who invested so much time will find themself with a non working build , unable to get the curancy back because items will drop in prices hard .

what i am getting is that you payed 80 exa for a build that was op a year ago in a game with a shifting meta.

you need to understand that in this game clearly op things tend to live with a rather nebulous life span. you invest 80 exa into your stuff with the full knowledge that you build was op as hell and therefore the knowledge that it might get nerfed at some point.

as far as i am concerned you got your moneys worth since you have had a year to abuse it. if the nerf turns out to obliterate your build , then sell what you can , recoup some of your losses and move on.

you dont need even a 10th of what you invested to make a viable end game build.
Your build will still work fine assuming you aren't completely out of date and change your passives when you get your reset. Nerfing something doesn't make it useless, especially when it's currently one of the top-tier ways of playing.

Especially if it cost you 80 exalts, Jesus. Working endgame CoC costs less than 6 exalts or 16 if you wanna go hipster.
Last edited by PhillipJokar2 on Aug 26, 2016, 3:36:54 PM
Nothing less then absolute destruction of CoC gem will be enough to make it non viable.

Imagine CoC Discharge doing HALF it's current dps? - LOL, doesn't matter, still one shot everything :)
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Games about to get boring as hell. Rise of the Mjolner Juggernaut builds.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Aug 27, 2016, 12:53:00 AM
understand ur position BUT ,for exemple,wat should old players think about ? i mean , i play since 2013 , been victim of a lot of crazy nerf (worste was the destruction of rf/incinerate) and , during that time , all the coc toon were just doing tourism all the game long without any problem..... so , sorry , yeah it is time to nerf that skill ..... also if,by principle , i am against any nerf but if that is the way of the game , everybody must taste it...

just one more thing : 80 ex for end game build is far from expensive.....

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
People that are crying about CoC being nerfed should really cry because GGG took too long to nerf it and made them think that it would not be nerfed. GGG is at fault here for sure, but only because this should have been fixed years ago. I am still not sure that CoC will be brought to reasonable levels, the problem with it is not a numbers' problem, the problem with CoC is a systemic one and as such it is too entrenched to fix with a simple nerf, they need to radically change how it works (only way to balance it), bring it down to the ground so it's not worth to use it or make a symbolic nerf that will change nothing. CoC is NOT BALANCEABLE in its current state, sadly.
people talk like ur firing 4 spells at once, usually its more like 2, and thats 2 spells with 0 proper supports each, its not like 2 fucking 6 link spells being cast from a completely caster based tree. 2 or 3 spell barrage/spec throw? Barely matches a simple crit bow build since the shotgun nerf.

the main one that is insane is discharge cyclone, and thats not 4 spells, its discharge. Another is bladefall, again u dont need 4 spells, just bladefall. You know how insane bladefall coc is? Its about as insane as bladefall traps, and bladefall mines, and self cast bladefall, thats how insane it is. Those shatter chuck type multiple projectile spells builds are doing less than 1/5 of the damage they were doing when they were actually op.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
people talk like ur firing 4 spells at once, usually its more like 2, and thats 2 spells with 0 proper supports each, its not like 2 fucking 6 link spells being cast from a completely caster based tree. 2 or 3 spell barrage/spec throw? Barely matches a simple crit bow build since the shotgun nerf.

the main one that is insane is discharge cyclone, and thats not 4 spells, its discharge. Another is bladefall, again u dont need 4 spells, just bladefall. You know how insane bladefall coc is? Its about as insane as bladefall traps, and bladefall mines, and self cast bladefall, thats how insane it is. Those shatter chuck type multiple projectile spells builds are doing less than 1/5 of the damage they were doing when they were actually op.

+1
Some people just talk so much crap about how op CoC is.

An example is a guy on here the other day was saying you can make a 1 million dps CoC build for 15 chaos to steamroll all content lol.

He was actually serious :)

It seems any logic, maths, game knowledge or common sense just fly straight out the window once people jump on the nerf brigade bandwagon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info