2.4.0 Skills Delayed

"
Chris wrote:
You may have noticed that the recent announcement of the Atlas of Worlds expansion didn't include mention of the two channeled skills that we have been prototyping for inclusion. This was partly because we had lots of other stuff to announce, and partly because we weren't yet happy with the state of those skills.

We've made the decision to delay the release of those skills out of 2.4.0 itself and into later patches. We're hoping these are as early as 2.4.1, but we can't promise that yet.

We really need to take the time to make the skills as fun as possible. We're very sorry about the bad news, but we look forward to the skills benefiting from the improvements we have planned. They're going to be awesome… they're just not quite there yet.

pvp skill balance when?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 19, 2016, 6:53:46 AM
At least make some old skills better, it's so boring playing again and again with one character using the same skill expansion after expansion, just because the other skills are shit for leveling and shit in the end.
The state of being late is a temporary one.

Even if later fixed, the community's perception of them (stigma?) might not be.

Take your time to make sure you're happy with 'em - and I'm sure we will be too. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
how late will 2.4.1 be compared to 2.4? because I was going back to PoE to try the channeling skills...
Last edited by BonumNox on Aug 19, 2016, 11:20:49 AM
Hey i would rather see something planned for Live to be delayed then released broken or in a state that isn't exceptable. Good call.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I demand markov chain patch notes as compensation! Those always make me laugh ._.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
No worries, GGG. I for one would rather see them polished before launch any ways. Just don't delay Atlas, lol!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
When will get balance information on current skills?
I tend to like building around the new skills in leagues but...there are enough old skills I've never built around still that I can go to that will be new for me. Release them once, release them right. Jimmy Dean Breakfast New Skills.
"
Chris wrote:
You may have noticed that the recent announcement of the Atlas of Worlds expansion didn't include mention of the two channeled skills that we have been prototyping for inclusion. This was partly because we had lots of other stuff to announce, and partly because we weren't yet happy with the state of those skills.

We've made the decision to delay the release of those skills out of 2.4.0 itself and into later patches. We're hoping these are as early as 2.4.1, but we can't promise that yet.

We really need to take the time to make the skills as fun as possible. We're very sorry about the bad news, but we look forward to the skills benefiting from the improvements we have planned. They're going to be awesome… they're just not quite there yet.

A little disappointing but I understand. A delayed feature is eventually good, a rushed one is forever bad.

Still, I would like to understand what exactly is the mechanic behind these new channeling skills?
How exactly are they different from the current iteration of channeling skills? Which if I am not mistaken are just a simple loop mid cast.

There is just so little information about them out there atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info