Labyrinth. Complains.

Ive played this game since closed beta. I love almost every aspect of the game and I am very much looking forward to the final acts. But I really do not like the labyrinth. The last thing I want in my action rpg are mazes and problem solving. This to me is just tedious and, all too often, aggravating (dc at final trial or lag spike of death). I hope with the addition of new acts and a single play through they will rethink this aspect of the game.

My suggestion:

I'd like to see a different way to get your ascendancy points beyond the first two. I'm fine with an act 3 labyrinth granting your initial 2 ascendancy points. But it needs to be better written into the script of the game. Right now, it is very much a side game and doesn't flow well with the rest of the game. No NPCs send you there, there isnt any real lore or compelling story line reason to go into the labyrinth. We simply do it to get acendancy points because we know its there.

After receiving these two points, I don't ever want to be required to revisit the labyrinth. I would rather like to see the remaining ascendancy points awarded from susequent act bosses. This would bring ascendancy into the main narrative of the game.

For those who love this aspect of the game I'd like to see a difficulty setting allowing them to enjoy uber lab runs to their hearts content. With commensurate loot and enchantments.

In this way we all win, those who would rather not do more difficult labyrinths need only do the basic one and those who love labyrinths have higher difficulties to master.

"
timewarden wrote:
Ive played this game since closed beta. I love almost every aspect of the game and I am very much looking forward to the final acts. But I really do not like the labyrinth. The last thing I want in my action rpg are mazes and problem solving. This to me is just tedious and, all too often, aggravating (dc at final trial or lag spike of death). I hope with the addition of new acts and a single play through they will rethink this aspect of the game.

My suggestion:

I'd like to see a different way to get your ascendancy points beyond the first two. I'm fine with an act 3 labyrinth granting your initial 2 ascendancy points. But it needs to be better written into the script of the game. Right now, it is very much a side game and doesn't flow well with the rest of the game. No NPCs send you there, there isnt any real lore or compelling story line reason to go into the labyrinth. We simply do it to get acendancy points because we know its there.

After receiving these two points, I don't ever want to be required to revisit the labyrinth. I would rather like to see the remaining ascendancy points awarded from susequent act bosses. This would bring ascendancy into the main narrative of the game.

For those who love this aspect of the game I'd like to see a difficulty setting allowing them to enjoy uber lab runs to their hearts content. With commensurate loot and enchantments.

In this way we all win, those who would rather not do more difficult labyrinths need only do the basic one and those who love labyrinths have higher difficulties to master.

Thank you for voicing your opinion of the Boring Horrible Labyrinth. Your number 729 on the list. Over 290 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 720 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info