☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

I have one question.

I use ice shot instead of tornado shot, because the dps is higher.
I also use lesser instead of greater because i dont need many shots to clear the mobs.

Am i missing something and ice shot is bad?

Last edited by vLps on Apr 19, 2017, 11:58:37 PM
@MusicalMind: Think we talked in game, both armors are fine I just personally prefer Belly, good all-around EHP boost whereas LC is BIS against Physical damage ofc. Belly is also easier to balance Resists for Wise Oak, imo.

@ytoh89: Honestly your gear is pretty good, with ROTC you can't put too much weight onto lower Crit Chance because it's such a bad Crit Base, but if you're only at 84% with 3 Power Charge, then consider the fact that you can't get to 95% so you may need Diamond Flask and only aim for around 77.61% to get to Crit Cap with Diamond Flask...

I really dislike running Elemental Focus with TS, just seem to be a strict Tooltip modifier... if you get Diamond Flask with current Crit, imo Crit Multi Gem is much better for example, losing your ability to shatter bodies is pretty dangerous, porcupines etc. If you don't like another B slot then consider using Pierce Gem too, good QOL on TS.

Do you also not have Acrobatics at all? Seems very risky.

@agm_ultimatex: Gear looks okay for low budget, would say work on getting 6L, at this point look for even Corrupt Chest that you can wear as the 6L is a huge power spike. You can definitely clear up your tree a little bit, seems you are starved on INT a little bit, try this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeAx4FLQguCIkNjQ-rES8WvxcmGYoZjh9BIXYi6iPTI_YkiySdJP0mlSo4LlMwfDH6MgE2PTnUPL4-z0MxR35KfUz_TZJOKlFHU7tVS1uvXWhfcGHiYlpirGVNbIxvJ3BSdO11y3X9dvd4-XqEeu99dX7dfyuDbYRvhMWGzod2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CQCpUFlwaa8ZuNm7WdqqCfo4qn1LIZtUi74702vea-p7_VwTPDOsSiyqnNmM9602_TftQj1ELY1drB51TqYutj7YPuDu96_MX9bv66_sj_3g==

This is a little cleaner and finishes the +1 Frenzy in Ranger. Next 2 Points finish out Druidic Rite.

Still would like to see better Flasks, you already got Raider Ascendancy there's no reason to have things like Freeze Pots imo, or Lavianga's. Get the 6L, your damage goes up, no reason to take any Mana pot when you can sustain your attacks from leech alone.

Go for Atziri/Silver/Diamond/Quicksilver with 1 Bleed Life Pot, and upgrade from there.

@limchu: In the Temp League I try to buy a large chunk of Resistances on 1-2 pieces and then build from there. You get a little bit of flex, but some pieces of gear can get awkward. If you are committed to it then it could take some amount of Divine. Gotta have poeaffix to help you get your Resistances in check, for example in temp league my last piece of gear I had to look for a pair of Gloves with T4 Lightning Resistance and Divine it to the lowest value.

Since we are generally doing mostly Fire/Lightning based on the conversion values if your end-game setup is Vinktar/Dying Sun then you should be matching those Resistances first. Cold is fine but it's a much smaller percentage of your damage, I'm not so worried about it.

If you are at 56% Unbuffed, then with 3 Power Charge and your bow you are gonna be at 83%, which means with Diamond Flask you are Crit Capped. You cannot drop the ICS gem, especially not for Elemental Focus. It's more of a Tooltip booster than actual performance booster imo. Try out Pierce > PPAD and let me know what you think.

For Jade Flask, I drop Quicksilver when in rough fights for it but for just fast mapping I use Quicksilver. Alchemist's Jade of Reflexes is stronger than Surgeon's imo. Haven't needed it for a while though, felt like setup was pretty solid but Quicksilver is the one to go. Let me know what you think.

@Larenak: Well SignalShot can be pretty strong without Skyforth, this is coming from me who tried out the build in Legacy League and farmed ~93 levels or so without it. Yes there is some cost in Passive Points but even with garbage gear I still had about as much ES as I did with end-game Life Gear so there is that. The one thing that I will say is Acro/Phase Acro has felt really good to have again, just save you from some tricky situations.

For the bow you linked, the 6L Barrage Setup should be just fine. The one thing about the Harbinger is because it does have a higher base crit, a lot depends on the Tree that you use. If you use the Default Tree with Lioneye's Fall Jewel for example, in your Harbinger you do not need ICS gem and you can instead use Faster Attacks in the TS setup (GGGGBR). What does the rest of your gear look like?

For Level 90 Tree, generally I take Frenzy Charges last (I prefer the fundamentals), and 3-Passive Point Jewel Sockets last.

@Videk: TS > Pierce > ICS > PTL > WED > PPAD

In that order. You are correct about prioritizing Pierce, I wouldn't drop it either. Try that out let me know what you think. With double Legacy ROTC you should be doing more than a Death's Opus.

@Lykein: I don't see why not. The only thing VP does is make you hurry more in the gameplay imo, since Blood Rage degens very quickly. Otherwise the gameplay is probably just as safe as Acuity, since Acuity needs you to Crit to leech, whereas VP is always on. Could be a future video idea.

"
Balantakos wrote:
It would be nice if u only had 2 tree's though...DPS & tanky for example...

there are to many now IMO...

This is mainly just to meet different needs in this patch, especially with inclusion of Opus there needed to be some clarification for 7.5% Crit Base versus Harbinger which can be as high as 9.4%.

Also I think in the older versions I didn't have a Lab tree, which is pretty much what I'm using now. Just providing options :3

@vLps: Tooltip is kind of deceptive, imo try out TS with Pierce, it should definitely clear faster. One thing I hated when I test Ice Shot for Legacy League was sometimes it seemed like if you missed the main projectile and only the cone hit the damage was pretty awful. Not sure if you are experiencing the same thing or not.

======================================================================

Can't do much more on this laptop. I'll have some POB Loadouts during/after the weekend though.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Fantastic guide Sarang, and your interaction with the community is top notch and greatly appreciated.

May I recommend you enhance your guide to include a leveling section that covers the skill tree buildout (e.g. 1-30, 31-50, 51-70, 71-end)?
All that and a bag of chips!
"
Mooginator wrote:
Fantastic guide Sarang, and your interaction with the community is top notch and greatly appreciated.

May I recommend you enhance your guide to include a leveling section that covers the skill tree buildout (e.g. 1-30, 31-50, 51-70, 71-end)?

I can definitely try, yes.

Let's plan on getting that added in with this weekend's update. Traveling for work so I will be home around Saturday night or so.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Thanks for the reply; really appreciated! And yes, I go forth with the idea of ''too many trees''. Maybe you could section with ''if'' condition. Like ; If Atziri's Acuity;, If Death's Opus, If Harbinger, etc. The 80-90 lvl mark is definitly a good spot to look at. I just learned what you prioritize by reading your comment, I suggest putting these juicy thoughts in the main post :D You got this man!

Ok, so my gear.

I got the lioneye's fall, acuity, ''gg'' harby.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAO4FLQW1CC4RLxUgFf0WvxeWGY4ZtBqNIXYj9iSdJP0mlSpNLOktgzBxMHwx-jWSNj03TDnUOkI_J0MxRA1HfkrIS3hNkk3jUUdVS1smW69h4mJaYqxlTWyMbqpvV3BSdO11y3X9dvd4GXj5eu99dX7dfyt_gH_7hG-E2Yazhs6J04w2jX2Nfo2BjbmNv5uNnaqet6Cfo4qmV6fUtMW1SLXyt7a74702vqfBM8GgwuzEosedyPDTftQj1ELWiti92sHdDd2o51TpmOpi62Ptg-4O73rxbfaj_W7-j_66_sj_EP_e?accountName=Larenak&characterName=Rabbit_Larry

So yeah, figuring out this whole crit cap thing is something I'd like to get done with. Enlighten me? I prefer playing LA.

Then, you mention going Herald of Ash if you use a blue nightmare. I bought a blue dream because I have to drop herald of ice when playing with a friend; what is your suggestion about gem setup? I ended up using HoA linked to Enhance, Ice Golem. Ideas?

Thanks a lot, keep up the great work! With your open mind about comments, your guide will be DOPE!

Last edited by Larenak on Apr 21, 2017, 4:21:02 PM
What gear/tree do you recommend for uber lab farming? You said in a previous post you were going away from instant leech to farm uber? I was working towards purchasing Atziri's Acuity. Should I spend my currency elsewhere.. like on Taste of Hate or Dying Sun? My damage is pretty poor right now.

Currently at 25k dps with TS and 66k dps with barrage. 62.6% crit chance

Edit: Changed TS to 6L and added Increased Crit, gets me 32k dps and 88% crit. Also adjusted resists to work better the The Wise Oak. Huge difference.

Last edited by 4ride on Apr 22, 2017, 11:29:50 AM
Okay , so do you actually use barrage or do you just get arrow benefits from it or such and use TS?
And Opus is better than Lionseye? I feel like it has a slower feel or something off but I'm not home with my desktop so hard to judge and test more.

Also, I get more DPS with Lionseye. What do? Wondering which I should get 6link for as I try to craft something else.

EDIT. Okay I see Barrage is for single shot. Makes sense meoww
Last edited by AntSunrise on Apr 22, 2017, 7:50:59 PM
Hey, I swapped PPAD to Pierce as you suggested and it seems to working insanely better, thanks for the tip!

I recently also bought lioneyes fall and converted the claw nodes. As a result, I swapped ICS to crit multi in my bow. Conclusively, I now have around 77 % crit chance (with full charges) and 480% crit multi. Seems to be dropping packs and bosses much faster. What is your take on this?

I know I am not at crit chance cap now and I am not using diamond flask as I feel it is waste of flask space. Here is the flask's I am currently running for mapping and my Harbinger.

Hoping to replace atziri's flask with wise oak as soon as I can min-max my resistances (still think it is a pain in the ass and respect the people who do it). Quicksilver flask I use only when running lower tier maps.

Thanks again!
I really wanted to do finally make some glass cannon ranger character, and you build looks pretty solid. I dont have much currency so probably i should go for version without Atziri's Acuilty. The biggest problem i have with this build (or other similar bow builds) is that the life pool is definatelly too small. And not only too small for lets say farming Shaper, but with 4k life you cant comfortably run t10 maps imao if you are not great player/have lags/fps drops. With Belly of the Beast we can get over 5k life, but that is still not enough. With my other CI character i easily have 8k es, and that is without shield, without yet taking a lot es passive points and ascendancy points and with mediocre gear (because i used this build as league starter).

And don't get me wrong i don't say there is something wrong with your build or anything. I just don't know what could be done to get more life, except getting Kaoms and/or Scion life wheel which is not very point efficient. And as i said i wanted glass cannon Ranger so going ci is not an option ;) (plus it would be painfull to get right colours on es gear). The damage looks good (good, not mind blowing imo), but the lack of better defensive options makes this kind of builds not end game viable to me. Just looking at the top of the ladder, you can't see many life based chars. This is kinda annoying, that ranger has to be ci, which should be reserved for build using spells, witches, templars etc. So maybe i will wait with my ranger character for 3.0 and see if there are any changes to the "right side of the tree".

Best regards ;)
I don't get how the curse on hit works here . Someone explain to a dummy.
Also, why no frenzy or do you get charges from something else somehow?
Last edited by AntSunrise on Apr 23, 2017, 7:52:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info