☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

hey regarding elemental resistances, do you recommend aiming to get everything at 75 cap? I mean because you get resistances from flasks and majorly from the Wise Oak, is it really necessary to get 75 from gear?

Also, what about chaos resistances? Do you aim to get chaos resistances from equipment or just skip it and use atziri flask if necessary or?
I'm trying to decide what's better since I'm kinda stumped if you can offer any insight that'd be great. Comparing my bow to a Death Opus,
I know it's just under 350pdps, and if I recall correctly it's only worth using Harbringer when you have a 350-+?
[3.12] Lab runner build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2972868
Ulab guide for noobs (Old but Gold) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2055995
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Syrobonker: I may have to look the old Tanky tree again. It did have Vitality Void to ramp up the leech but I'll do some number comparisons. For the Default Tree I consider personally Jewel Sockets that take 3 Nodes (Scion & by Acro) to be optional, as well as the second Frenzy Charge. Mostly if you have a 3-Stat Jewel then putting it alongside the tree (next to Profane Chemistry) or traveling 2 Passives is okay, but I would not use 3 Passives for such Jewels. If you're going to use Kaom's Heart you can also cut out Point Blank, as that is mainly there for the single target aspect. With Kaom's it'll be fairly comfortable mapping experience with only TS.

I think it will look like this.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeAO4FLQW1CC4IiREvFSAWvxeWGY4ZtCF2I_YknST9JpUqTSzpLYMuUzBxMHwxnjH6NZI2PTdMN9Q51DpCPs8_J0MxRA1HfkrIS3hNkk3jUUdVS1uvXWhh4mJaYqxlTWyMbqpwUnTtdct1_Xb3ePl673vDfXV-3X8rf4CEb4TZhrOGzonTiq-MNo19jX6NuY2_kBGVBZrxm42dqp63oJ-jiqZXp9S0xbVItfK3trvjvTa95r6nwTPC7MSix53I3MjwyqnTb9N-1CPUQtaK2L3awd0N3ajnVOmY6mLrY-0_7YPuDu968W32o_1u_o_-uv7I_xD_3g==

But blood drinker vs vitality void? I am unsure whether blood drinker might not be enough to leech.
"
djnat wrote:
I asked about the crit chance because maybe it would be more efficient to spend 5 points in the lower part of the Claw wheel to get 20% phys damage, 60% crit and 45% crit multi than going for deadly draw. You would use a lioneye's fall in the nearby socket in that case to convert claw modifiers into bow ones, and you would gain some mana and life leech in the process, so you can remove the mana node in the essence sap cluster and gain another 20% crit chance from the lethality wheel.

If it's useful to be nearer to the crit chance cap, I'd consider this option: when using acuities + non-legacy vinktar, critting is even more important than doing more damage. Let me know what you think about it.

That's a good point. I'm out on work tonight but I'll be back tomorrow to fiddle around. Will probably split trees then, one for maximizing Crit on Opus + no Diamond Flask (which will be the end product) and one for Harbinger + Diamond Flask. I wasn't sure how worth it those Claw Nodes were since you are gonna be giving up a Jewel Socket as well in addition, but besides pathing to Aspect of the Lynx it is the only way to get noticeable Crit. I left that off the table since I am using Retch anyways on the personal setup so having VoV up isn't really an issue. Anyhow, I'll try to work that into the update.

@limchu: I'm insanely overcapped atm but yes, I'll probably cut down so that I am around 135/135/135 pre-Bismuth Flask, unlikely to happen with how the charges are set up (20/50 base charges used, and we have an insane amount of Charges gained, 140% plus Nature's Boon), so it should be perma-uptime. About Chaos Resistance, I did put on Atziri's Promise for the Chimera fight, it is very rough for life based but also not a very common damage type.

@Collide3011: If you already have the bow that is fine. Need exact numbers for Opus but it does seem that it starts matching around that ~350-360 pDPS area. At this point since you already have your bow it doesn't make much sense to switch over.

@Syrobonker: Imo with good Crit Chance and Veteran Bowyer, along with the Flask Nodes you can map through an activation of Vinktar. I consider situations where you only have Blood Drinker/Essence Sap to be fairly rare, as long as you are moving forward and gaining charges.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Ahh, well I tried out a semi decent rolled Opus and ran a number of maps with it, I honestly felt better with the Opus so I've gone for that, it's also a little more fun since it's more arrows to shoot at enemies :D
[3.12] Lab runner build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2972868
Ulab guide for noobs (Old but Gold) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2055995
I've got Death's Opus
How should I spend blessing orb and divines to make a bit better or should I try and craft Harbinger bow? Is death's opus is viable for high-end concent?
Hey Sarang, I'm hoping you can check out my gear to see if theres anythin i can improve on. Right now im doing 43k dps without buffs and also is it worth it for me to respec out of my raider ascendancy to your pathfinder? I have a vessel but its on my other build btw.

Thanks for the update on the guide, especially on flasks!
Hi ! I have some problems with Uber Izaro, his shock wave (wind slash?) is too quick to dodge and always OS me. But, in your uber lab 2.5 video, you have the same life pool as me (4k)and you only take 2k damage without using defense flasks at this moment.
I really don't understand how to survive this.
Last edited by Zekk on Apr 11, 2017, 6:43:15 AM
Hi. Very nice guide for a nice gameplay. Thanks Sarang.

I'm struggling for a moment regarding the use of Wise Oak... Your resistances are already overcapped with gear so what's the point of Wise Oak? It's pretty useless or I'm missing something?
Last edited by HeimdallFury on Apr 11, 2017, 8:14:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info