[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

Hmm, I'm wondering if they increased chaos damage? I never died to them last league, but I'm still levelling this league. You have around half the eHP vs chaos damage compared to a build with 6K life, but you only ever take chaos damage to that pool so it was never a problem last league.

There may be something i can do about this, I just need to check some numbers with the standard setup quickly and see if I can tweak the build slightly.

EDIT: Updated flask section.
Advanced Tree has been updated, and is also now slightly easier to run.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 22, 2016, 5:59:46 PM
possible killers:
-rougue exiles with poison application
-bandits with caustic arrow
-caustic clouds @ strongboxes (easy to dodge)
-some perandus "bosses" do also apply huge poison dot
-vaal snakes and vaal things, which shoot green projectiles
-desecrated ground is ULTRA annoying to run, without 2 life flasks not possible

ES pool is 8400 with leo shield now. im only dying to chaos dmg. before i had phoenix shield and could perma run RF. now i need to trigger rf only for bosses and can run it for short duration... i wonder if ES shield is worth it. seriously only problem is chaos dmg. ES shield is good for encounters like uber izaro. but for red-mapping phoenix shield+perma RF is much better imo.

resume

RF on:
phoenix shield: 3,3% regen, ruby 8,9%
leo shield (+marble rare): -1,25% regen (!), ruby 3,9%
i have 11% leo mod. with 20% it's: 0,31% regen, ruby 4,5%
0,3% is still very low and not rf-running worthy imo. maybe for some short burst dmg vs essence mobs or something. but phoenix feels much much more safe and perma RF on is awesome

one question: why do you use Ghost Reaver? where do we have life leech? Atziri's promise?
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 23, 2016, 5:54:12 AM
Black hole MTX boys awyis.

Yes, life leech comes from Atziri's promise.
Last edited by CharlieCage on Sep 23, 2016, 7:16:53 AM
"
Xendran wrote:

Why would you take explosive impact before spell damage tho? Doesn't spell damage double dip and fire damage don't?
Last edited by CharlieCage on Sep 23, 2016, 7:19:34 AM
ye blackhole MTX already bought lol. im poor af but some things are more important than food :-D

idd, i dont understand why fire-damage over spell dmg too o_o
"
possible killers:
-rougue exiles with poison application
-bandits with caustic arrow
-caustic clouds @ strongboxes (easy to dodge)
-some perandus "bosses" do also apply huge poison dot
-vaal snakes and vaal things, which shoot green projectiles
-desecrated ground is ULTRA annoying to run, without 2 life flasks not possible

ES pool is 8400 with leo shield now. im only dying to chaos dmg. before i had phoenix shield and could perma run RF. now i need to trigger rf only for bosses and can run it for short duration... i wonder if ES shield is worth it. seriously only problem is chaos dmg. ES shield is good for encounters like uber izaro. but for red-mapping phoenix shield+perma RF is much better imo.

resume

RF on:
phoenix shield: 3,3% regen, ruby 8,9%
leo shield (+marble rare): -1,25% regen (!), ruby 3,9%
i have 11% leo mod. with 20% it's: 0,31% regen, ruby 4,5%
0,3% is still very low and not rf-running worthy imo. maybe for some short burst dmg vs essence mobs or something. but phoenix feels much much more safe and perma RF on is awesome

one question: why do you use Ghost Reaver? where do we have life leech? Atziri's promise?

Atziri's Promise for life leech, correct.
RF is meant to be permanent on all versions of this build. This is not meant to be a 'temporary RF' build, however the gear and level requirements are strict in order to do it.

Yes you end up with only a very small amount of positive regen, however you also have a stone golem at 1.4x power on top of that. The advanced version has more regen.

I'll have to test chaos damage myself in the next couple days once I start mapping in essence league, because if you're finding yoruself dying to chaos damage a lot then something is not the same as it was last league.

I also found myself incredibly unsafe when using RotF because your ES drops to numbers you'd see on a life build while having nearly zero mitigation, and you lose your 20% chaos degen protection. However, if you feel comfortable with low ES then feel free to run RotF for the extra regen.

There is the possibility of working Mind Over Matter into the build to deal with chaos damage.

"
CharlieCage wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:

Why would you take explosive impact before spell damage tho? Doesn't spell damage double dip and fire damage don't?

Fire damage does double dips on ignite, but not poison. It still helps our poison a normal amount by increasing the initial hit, though.
The reason i picked it is because it is 1 point more efficient for only 2% less damage and comes with 5% increased AoE.

There are 2 reasons I value the AoE:
1. Most of our clearing damage is coming from ignites, especially since things hit with prolif aren't poisoned anyway. This means dropping 58% poison damage won't be a huge dps loss, and the poison will still be quite powerful.
2. While the poison does less damage, the increased AoE means more things are being poisoned at once. This basically balances out the loss of a bit of poison damage, then the increased AoE on your initial hits and ignites is icing on the cake.

The reason I don't do this on the standard build is because pathing through it is more efficient.
You can opt to take the spell damage if you prefer the boost to single target it gives. My version of the build is based on my preferences, so feel free to modify it as needed!
you can also take both if you level up beyond 90.

Important Build Update: Black Hole Vortex is now mandatory. Buy that shit.
The build is called "The Big Dipper", how much more perfect could it be!
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 23, 2016, 9:09:58 AM
hmmm ... mind over matter. this could be a nice solution here. mostly it's really the hits and not the dots which bother me. i will try it out, thanks

i was lucky to vaal myself a 21 PoF so i think i will try the transition to Advanced version soon. the only thing i need right now is a Leo shield WITH chaos resist to compansate Vertex... o and 2x LVL3 enlighten -.-
mana reservation with 2x LVL2 enlighten would be no problem if we had more Mana pool. maybe Dreamer node could be a nice help there
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 23, 2016, 9:24:24 AM
"
hmmm ... mind over matter. this could be a nice solution here. mostly it's really the hits and not the dots which bother me. i will try it out, thanks

i was lucky to vaal myself a 21 PoF so i think i will try the transition to Advanced version soon. the only thing i need right now is a Leo shield WITH chaos resist to compansate Vertex... o and 2x LVL3 enlighten -.-
mana reservation with 2x LVL2 enlighten would be no problem if we had more Mana pool. maybe Dreamer node could be a nice help there

You also MUST have a 20% reservation uber lab enchant for one of your mana based auras. There is no way at all to run advanced without it.

The advanced build is extremely tight on mana, you will need 1500 mana to pull it off without Level 3 enlightens.

EDIT: Jesus i see why there's the aversion to Lv3 Enlighten this league compared to last league, I had no idea how ridiculously expensive Level 3 Enlightens were. Last league they were less than a third of the price...

What you may want to consider doing is grabbing Righteous Decree on the standard version and adding in Mind over Matter before switching to the advanced version, now that I realize how much more expensive Lv3 Enlighten has gotten.

Sorry for not checking into the new prices on these things sooner guys!

EDIT 2: Actually, going to take a look at changing part of the build. Now that we have a marble amulet available we can get dexterity substantially easier. This means instead of pathing through Precision we can instead go past Righteous Decree to ease up on everything mana related and give us enough to include Mind Over Matter in the build by default.

Thanks for getting me thinking about this a bit more, essence league changes made more of a difference on the standard build than i thought.

-------

UPDATE:
Standard and Advanced passive trees have been updated to now include Righteous Decree and Mind Over Matter. This will both help with mana a lot as a whole (reduced cost is handy) and deal with chaos damage better now that it seems to be more threatening than previously from what I'm hearing.

Incorporating the Dreamer node into the new Advanced tree should get you enough mana (or almost) to use level 2 enlightens with it now.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 23, 2016, 10:04:51 AM
not a clue how you could down uber izaro so fast in your video. i gave all power (with 8500 ES) and my dot barely wounds him... i mean damage is ok but not enough to be close to a high dps build...... ahhhhhhhhhh what am i doing wronngggggg aaarrrrrgggg
One note is that loss of less duration was a very noticeable hit to the max theoretical DPS, but you should still be downing him similarly fast to the video.

I'm not sure what's causing your damage to suffer, but maybe I'll experience that when i get to Uber Izaro this league.

While i'm running a stronger triple curse setup in the video, i make a bunch of mistakes and Izaro also is not hit by any conflux during phase 3 meaning he is only taking 22% of the damage from the ignite compared to a triple conflux ignite. The extra curse isn't adding back the level of damage that is missing so you should still be able to down uber izaro in 3 - 5 seconds.

You can get a pretty massive DPS hit if you end up attacking unbuffed. If you're on chilled conflux and pendulum of destruction is down, and don't have flask charges, then your damage can tank vs a boss.

EDIT: Whirl up a few blade vortexes to proc Overload on bosses, i forgot to mention that.
EDIT 2: Curse effectiveness got nerfed on bosses too, that's another thing. We aren't lowering his resist as much.

Even with the nerfs though, it should perform similarly in power to the video because the video is always missing something on each phase (no overload on phase 1 and 2, no conflux on phase 3) to balance out it being the tri-curse setup.

The video is showing a 5L as well, so it's not because i was running a 6L.
Maybe more answers will make themselves obvious to me once I hit uberlab this league.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 23, 2016, 11:34:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info