[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

Update: Valyrium is now recommended as an upgrade if possible rather than a main piece.
I added a note about upgrading your belt from a Heavy Belt to a Crystal Belt, which is worth it even if it means you need to take a +30 strength node.

We now have a lot more rares in here: Ring, Amulet, Helmet, Belt, and Shield. It's far easier to meet the stat and resistance requirements now.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 25, 2016, 10:24:06 PM
"
Lightning Warp into boss

Do you have any new videos from 2.4 showing this movement ?

Because I can guarantee you that doing that stunt with some of the new bosses will get you killed pretty fast.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

well we're melee build so new bosses or not, we need to get in close range...

btw i've just switched out Southbound for

its going pretty well, there is really no situation where i am missing these unique gloves... i think everyone can drop them lol
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 26, 2016, 6:56:04 AM
"
azamantes wrote:
"
Lightning Warp into boss

Do you have any new videos from 2.4 showing this movement ?

Because I can guarantee you that doing that stunt with some of the new bosses will get you killed pretty fast.

Videos will be up once i've fininshed the build in essence.
This is a close range build. Lightning warping into a boss is no different than how you would normally walk up to a boss, except you don't have to path through anything on the way. It's also optional, you arent forced to lightning warp directly on top of Shaper when he has his laser up.

---

As for southbound, you can drop them if your damage isn't high enough to be oneshotting mobs.
On my prophecy version, i was able to oneshot trash in basically every map i played including t15, so dropping southbound completely destroyed my clear speed. If this changes, I'll consider replacing southbound.

Our initial hit does do significantly less damage now, despite our overall dps not taking as big of a hit. If this brought the initial hit low enough to not need southbound, then it could be that t h i s i s a b u f f
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 26, 2016, 12:51:35 PM
1. There was a guide for Vortex Ignite Witch which doesnt use the Southbound gloves without much of a drawback in terms of the status ailment spread, so it might be an option to make some use of the new spell damage gloves?!
2. I tried the build with a rare 1.6 marble amulet and the valyrium/ a rare ring and for me it wasnt worth it. Its rly tough to get the needed resistances and energy shield recharge if you want to play with a constant RF. If you can manage to get the lab enchant for stun avoidance-> thats your best way to handle it.
Last edited by LordAbaddon on Sep 26, 2016, 1:49:19 PM
Good to know about southbound, i'll definitely be trying out what it's like without them.

I'm definitely going to recommend the lab boot enchant over valyrium, I've stopped using mine as well.
Also, it's not bad value to get Practical Application if you also need strength and dexterity.

One thing I'm going to do is actually highlight the Remote Mine version of this build more, because it does quite the job at wrecking bosses. Being able to drop all your mines, wait until conflux then unleash them all with a 49% multiplier and no reduction to poison duration is brutally strong.

I have a little blurb and passive tree for it, but haven't really mentioned it outside of that. It really does do a shitton of damage. It's even really good for map clearing once you get used to having to detonate your mines.
You can do the remote mine links with the standard tree (just replace Rapid Decay), but the advanced remote mine tree gets over 100% extra damage and another 5% AoE.

The remote mine setup may do enough damage where you do need southbound though, will have to test that out once i'm higher level.

EDIT: Remote mines also let you setup for strongboxes and essences
EDIT 2: You know, without needing as much dex for Rapid Decay and having a decent number of rares it might be worth dropping dual curse nodes and grabbig Doedre's Damning. I'll have to look into this.

Also i know that the Trap and Remote Mine support gems no longer double dip, but does anybody know about the nodes on the tree and the Trap and Mine support gem?

It double dips. Going to be changing some stuff up.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 26, 2016, 7:13:34 PM
Update: Tweaked some of the skill trees. We now use Doedre's Damning.
A note about remote mine setups: While it does a lot more damage, you cannot leech. This makes it much more dangerous to do this on the Standard setup unless you carry a Ruby Flask. The advanced setup can get away with it much better, and even moreso with a ruby flask.

Dying Sun is pretty nuts. Can't wait to get one.
Going to be seeing if its worth switching to Hrimburn and using a weapon with Decay. Probably is. Frees up a ring slot, makes EE more consistent, doesn't cut into our fire damage for non-conflux ignites, and we can craft a resist on the weapon.
Will require a level 21 purity of fire to work on standard version, however.

EDIT: Lol decay is ridiculous.
It does the same amount of chaos damage as a 41.6k total inital hit would, but without cutting into chaos damage and without needing a 41.6k initial hit. Not cuttting into ignite and allowing better EE is just awesome.

Updated the build more to include decay weapon and hrimburn.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 27, 2016, 2:07:53 AM
What level of budget is required to get the build to perform reasonably well (red maps without much issue)? I've been wanting to do a prolif ignite build, and it is between this and fireball for me at the moment. I'm only sitting on about 60 chaos at the moment though. If I liquidated stuff maybe 2 ex.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Sep 27, 2016, 3:28:23 AM
"
What level of budget is required to get the build to perform reasonably well (red maps without much issue)? I've been wanting to do a prolif ignite build, and it is between this and fireball for me at the moment. I'm only sitting on about 60 chaos at the moment though. If I liquidated stuff maybe 2 ex.

Looking at around 10c (unless you snag some great deals) for each rare, 15-25c for the decay weapon.
7c for damning.
Unfortunately Beast Fur Shawl is gonna be around 80c on its own, plus however many fusings to 5L it..
You also need to reroll Leo shields, and get 2 enlightens and an empower.

Total of about 210c, plus fuses and leo rerolls.

You can run this in earlier maps running Rise of the Phoenix which massively reduces your gearing cost, but running reds with it is pretty sketchy. I use RotF until i can afford a Leo shield.
so whats the secret behind Decay?

"
Weapon: Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 1000 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds

this 1000 doesn't add on your vortex right (would be op..)? it's a plain DoT which is added to any enemy you hit. we have no general DoT scaling, we have just the scaling of vortex's dots because of it's effect
"
Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time

so why is Decay special for this build? i mean any other class or build could use Decay on a weapon... additionally: wouldnt it be better to have Decay on a wand? (spell damage double tips, elemental damage not)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info