[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

Alright testing it right now. What GEM should I add? At the moment I use Vortex-Controlled Destruction - Chance to Ignite - Increased Area of Effect - Increased Burning Damage and I have 1 green link left? What should I add?
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
- Vortex
- Controlled Destruction
- Increased Area
- Chance to Ignite
- Less Duration
- Rapid Decay (or Fire Penetration if you do not have enough dex)

Increased Burning Damage is an increased value, not a more multiplier. Because of this, it's one of the worst possible support gems available for this build, even worse than Culling strike.

Honestly, Increased Burning Damage should probably be removed from the game, it's nearly worthless and only serves to punish players who have not yet discovered that More and Increased aren't the same thing.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 21, 2016, 10:46:36 AM
Alright I will add in less duration and rapid decay.

So far it looks pretty solid with my current gear and lvl 7 vortex I 1shot t8 maps.

its really fun to play, only thing that annoys me a little is that its a static cast :p
Last edited by Knampfclown on Oct 21, 2016, 10:57:03 AM
One thing to consider that might help with the feeling of static cast is using a Silver Flask instead of a Basalt Flask even before getting Kiara's Determination.
Having the 20% cast speed from onslaught helps keep things fast.
I'm also thinking about crafting Cast Speed onto my wand, because I've got enough damage where 19% extra suffix on the wand isn't really that important.

Glad to hear that you can oneshot map stuff with a low level gem, let me know how you find the scaling on your gear with the non RF version once you get to some red maps.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 21, 2016, 11:08:14 AM
ES regen is really a problem for me, stone golem insta rips even in t10 maps

Honestly I'd probably drop most if not all of the regen on a non RF version, and pick up Ghost Reaver for leech.

Since you're not using +2 fire gems, you can use a Doryani's Catalyst to both boost your damage a bit from your current wand, and get some elemental leech.

You can spend the saved passive points on more damage or ES.

Remember vaal discipline too! It's easy to forget about it when just doing normal maps, but it's basically a superpowered life flask for us.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 22, 2016, 6:57:41 PM
Alright, I'm fairly sure i have a crit Occultist version that I'm satisfied with. I'm going to be testing it out and seeing how it is.
I made a similar build myself and would love to see how you do in the end game, any chance of some more videos soon?
I've actually respecced into the crit version so the next videos will be of that, but the non-crit version will oneshot T16 map mobs with Righteous Fire turned off.

There's not really much difference between maps of any Tier until you start adding in nasty mod combinations on T13+ maps, at which point we lose about as much damage as any high DPS build would, but then we turn on Righteous Fire to mitigate that.

"
Xendran wrote:
I've actually respecced into the crit version so the next videos will be of that, but the non-crit version will oneshot T16 map mobs with Righteous Fire turned off.

There's not really much difference between maps of any Tier until you start adding in nasty mod combinations on T13+ maps, at which point we lose about as much damage as any high DPS build would, but then we turn on Righteous Fire to mitigate that.

Hi. How does the crit version compared to RF version?

Also, according to your calculation Vortex deals 3mil DPS, which should be able to oneshot Guardians. Can you verify that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info