[2.4 | Video Guide] The Big Dipper & Galaxy Ripper - Non-Crit & CoC Vortex Ignites

Just got back from work, will be recording a better uber lab run tonight.

If anyone has suggestions for good interactions I may have missed and are able to be fit into the build (Lori's Lantern is able to be easily replaced for example, if doing that would allow another powerful synergy option), feel free to suggest them.

NOTE: If anyone has the currency to do this, if you had godly enough resist on your gear and just the right jewels you can potentially add Enfeeble and go Quad Curse with Heretic's Veil and replacing Lori's Lantern with Doedre's Damning.

Problem: You also need two Level 4 Enlightens, have to rework the tree to get the scion mana reservation, and have to figure out how to get back the 55% chaos resist and 20% ele resist you just lost.

That's really pushing the build into "Because you can" territory. If someone managed to do it and get it feeling smooth though, would be really cool to see.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 8, 2016, 1:15:38 AM
Try out Vaal Ice Nova sometime. its a lot of fun.

my gear

Last edited by shrapner on Aug 9, 2016, 1:53:07 AM
I never thought of Vaal Ice nova, and my stone golem seems to be doing fine unsupported, and I very rarely need to use Vaal Clarity (so not much soul usage going on) so I'll definitely add that in. Thanks!
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 9, 2016, 2:19:12 AM
How do you get the needed dexterity to use Temporal chains? You dont seem to have any on your gear
I think that Rapid Decay can be replaced by Hypotermia. Stronger VS bosses, as they will be chilled (so more damage on hit, no only on DoT)
Hypothermia is a solid idea, but doesn't actually add anything in terms of boss killing power vs rapid decay, they're pretty much identical in the end. I personally would use Rapid Decay because of how similar they are, but Rapid Decay works much better when map clearing. (Note that Hypothermia does not double dip, it only affects you DoTs by increasing initial hit, which is why its the same power as RD)

Of course the exception to this is if Hypothermia is putting you above the damage required to shock.
As for dexterity, i have a +30 dex craft on the boots an d+9 on a jewel
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 9, 2016, 1:53:03 PM
So something i just tried and found surprisingly good: because of how many multipliers the build stacks and how crazy elementalist is, you can throw Lightning Warp in place of vortex (With the same links) and just warp through yellow maps.

Throw in Elemental Equilibrium to ramp up the burn, and swap out Pyre and Southbound for whatever you want. You now have a LL RF conflux lightning warp build. Sure it's not as good as if you specced into one, but it's still good enough if you want to mix up your playstyle.

EDIT: Added Dyadian Dawn to the build.
Added example DPS for -50%, -103, and -113% enemy resistance alongside the existing 0% numbers.

With a 30% Flammability helmet and a few extra levels for a jewel slot, and you break the 8 digit barrier on the top end 6L setup, and it's not actually that expensive to get everything for it.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 10, 2016, 5:26:20 AM
I have a question about using Dyadian Dawn with the build:

Only attack burns burn 20% faster, so how is the belt meant to be used on this build, since we don't use attacks? It should just be a wasted belt slot, unless i'm missing something.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
Hey mate!!
I found out this build very interesting.
Did you have any other videos?
"
Based_Nito wrote:
I have a question about using Dyadian Dawn with the build:

Only attack burns burn 20% faster, so how is the belt meant to be used on this build, since we don't use attacks? It should just be a wasted belt slot, unless i'm missing something.

Thanks for catching that, I put it into the wrong guide on my google doc and apparently continued working from there.
I'm also making an EQ burn build using Dyadian Dawn which it was meant for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info