Droprates of good / okish items ?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
Well.

Drop rates are fine, in general. There will always be a "carrot", and the carrot needs to be there "all the time". That's the whole point of the game, in my eyes. Perfect gear is close to impossible to obtain - and it should be. I've played standard for many years, and have NO items that's "perfect".

BUT! There's one thing that should be changed - uniques vs. rares. Uniques are too powerful compared to their drop rates. Let's take an example: "Soul Taker" unique axe is pretty good. I have two. But I have NEVER been CLOSE to a rare axe that's comparable to a Soul Taker. And THAT is wrong. A rare comparable to a Soul Taker should be as common as a Soul Taker.

Totally agree here. But realize how hard that is. If they made it too easy for a rare to beat it, the unique would become worthless. I like how GGG tends to handle this... by giving uniques a negative to counter their positive. Rares don't tend to have that. The uniques that have no drawback shouldn't be able to beat a 99th percentile rare.

Your "Soul Taker" example is a rarity. It should have a drawback, but really doesn't. It can be beat by rares though. It's base damage is significantly below the potential for rares. I'd personally like to see them remove the bonus to attack speed... or even reverse it and make it a slower weapon.

Turning soul taker into a pure buff stick, really?
Less than 300 pdps with a perfect roll is like nothing, it is not really used for that part, but for the free melee attacks.

It is a utility weapon, for example I save myself 4 passive points with it in a build, but it had way more impact, when melee skills had higher cost and mana leech was hard to get, aka the time when you either used soul taker or a BM gem.
To ggg : you forgot to message me when you moved this thread from general discussions to gameplay help and discussions . Please remember it next time .
"
krenderke wrote:

Turning soul taker into a pure buff stick, really?
Less than 300 pdps with a perfect roll is like nothing, it is not really used for that part, but for the free melee attacks.

It is a utility weapon, for example I save myself 4 passive points with it in a build, but it had way more impact, when melee skills had higher cost and mana leech was hard to get, aka the time when you either used soul taker or a BM gem.

Yes. Yest it did. But it is still a "good" weapon, but not OP. I used Soul Takes as an example. No, it isn't THAT good after a nerf and som tree changes, but that doesn't change the fact that Soul Taker drops more often than an equal rare. And that isn't good for the game - in my eyes.

If that means that Soul Taker drops too often, or equal rares are too rare, I do not know.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info