Droprates of good / okish items ?

He has trouble understanding basic math, and the scale of things. He plays for 100 hours and expects to find stuff comparable to the overall community's items that he sees being traded... a community that has put in millions of hours... if not billions.
Well.

Drop rates are fine, in general. There will always be a "carrot", and the carrot needs to be there "all the time". That's the whole point of the game, in my eyes. Perfect gear is close to impossible to obtain - and it should be. I've played standard for many years, and have NO items that's "perfect".

BUT! There's one thing that should be changed - uniques vs. rares. Uniques are too powerful compared to their drop rates. Let's take an example: "Soul Taker" unique axe is pretty good. I have two. But I have NEVER been CLOSE to a rare axe that's comparable to a Soul Taker. And THAT is wrong. A rare comparable to a Soul Taker should be as common as a Soul Taker.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Well.

Drop rates are fine, in general. There will always be a "carrot", and the carrot needs to be there "all the time". That's the whole point of the game, in my eyes. Perfect gear is close to impossible to obtain - and it should be. I've played standard for many years, and have NO items that's "perfect".

BUT! There's one thing that should be changed - uniques vs. rares. Uniques are too powerful compared to their drop rates. Let's take an example: "Soul Taker" unique axe is pretty good. I have two. But I have NEVER been CLOSE to a rare axe that's comparable to a Soul Taker. And THAT is wrong. A rare comparable to a Soul Taker should be as common as a Soul Taker.

Totally agree here. But realize how hard that is. If they made it too easy for a rare to beat it, the unique would become worthless. I like how GGG tends to handle this... by giving uniques a negative to counter their positive. Rares don't tend to have that. The uniques that have no drawback shouldn't be able to beat a 99th percentile rare.

Your "Soul Taker" example is a rarity. It should have a drawback, but really doesn't. It can be beat by rares though. It's base damage is significantly below the potential for rares. I'd personally like to see them remove the bonus to attack speed... or even reverse it and make it a slower weapon.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 22, 2016, 12:49:35 PM
I don't think it's fun getting crap all day long and finding a exalted drop once a month and buying gear from flat currency drops and never get something worth selling sucks ass! yet i keep playing :') just hope they will just remove the poe.trade site and make the drop rate higher so i have a better motivation to keep playing more :') ahwell think i can say goodbye dream.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:51:12 PM
"
Devonor wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
Devonor wrote:

Is it any point in iding yellow items at all ? better to save the wisdoms and use the unid chaos recipe instead ?

Much better. When you consider the time wasted identifying items, the difference is astronomical. I've played both ways and the fast clearspeed, unid chaos recipe way yielded a much higher income. You don't even have to bother picking up items aside from jewellery, when you amass enough rings, belts and amulets you can start picking up the other parts of the recipe and doing it in batches. Jewellery is the bottleneck.

IMO the only items worth identifying are titanium spirit shields, vaal regalia, diamond rings and leather belts.

The only time this might not hold true will be in the first few days of a league when the market is still not saturated with items and the demand is higher than the supply.

You probably are right . Play more like the streamers do , just not pick up so much items because of waist of time not killing and getting xp ( xp gems too ) ? Lol it's just my habit to pick up all the rares i find . I wanna get to level 100 too so maybe time to start change my habits :)
I just find it very fun to find good items , the probability is extremely low to find those items anyway so i guess i have to stop trying so much i guess . It's a bit sad it is like this though . I try today lol :)

No need to take it at face value, go ahead and try for yourself. Having a bit of item rarity helps too (even just an aurseize and an IIR gem in your setup), if your build is good this shouldn't really slow you down.

If you want to grind to 100, then clear speed is even more important. If getting XP is your main goal, you shouldn't pick up almost anything, just run and kill as quickly as possible. You'll never get in the high nineties if you bother with items too much, especially with the current XP penalty.

Realistically speaking, once you have your 6-link and decent items in all slots, if your build is good, you don't really need more items (and therefore currency). I know some standard players love to have mirror-worthy gear in all slots but that's entirely unnecessary unless your build is bad and you have to bruteforce with insane gear to compensate. Once you oneshot almost everything, kill bosses in seconds and don't die in the process, you don't need anything else. And I'm speaking about maps up to tier 10, higher tiers are useless because they have terrible layouts and/or are economically unfeasible to sustain.

Sounds harsh but that's the truth of it. If you wanna hit 100, you have to optimize the fuck out of your time management and that's how you do it. Doesn't sound fun? Yeah, that's why most players quit or reroll around 90-something.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 22, 2016, 2:06:37 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They could, but it would require changing their players. Drop rates are fine... until you start trading. Then, not surprisingly, they suck. That's because you've traded for items and are comparing your drops to what to saw when you traded. They don't compare. Never will.

If you trade, you have to realize your drops will never measure up.

If you want drops to be "good"... don't trade.

Have you ever noticed. That you make these vague sounding statements. Then follow them up with some wise sounding anecdotal evidence. Break it all into tiny sentences. Then reiterate redundancies. Like it sounds smart. Its a fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_hB3pOJXPs

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 22, 2016, 2:25:11 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:51:25 PM
"
Devonor wrote:
I know the game is based auround trading and finding good stuff is rare .

But is it really fun guys ? I mean i have played this game almost everyday 5+ hours since i started . I have not found any tier 1 unique ever or any good yellow item either . I have played the game for about a year now . All my gear is bought from others . I played d3 before poe but that game is boring and everything is handed to you on a silverplate in that game .

Is it any point in iding yellow items at all ? better to save the wisdoms and use the unid chaos recipe instead ?

When i played d3 it was pretty fun to find your own upgrades , it just is not a thing in poe .
They screwed up with too high droprate on legendaries after the ah was removed though .

Once in awhile i find a nice item with dobbel res with life or something , i check poetrade and it's worth max a chaos .

In lifting nerds , ziggyd s videos i see them not picking up any yellow items at all . For me i don't think that is the most fun way to play poe . It should be fun to iding items with a slightly higher chance of finding a ok + plus item than it is atm .

It's basically farm alteration orbs . D3 upgraded their itemization with smartdrops ( strength have a low chance to roll on a bow etc ) .

So is it anything that poe could do to optimize the itemization ?

I find most all of my upgrades. They are not mirror quality, but they are sufficient.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
^do you have anything to contribute to the topic of this thread or did you just come here to post ad hominem attacks?

Oh i'm sorry sheriff I didn't know you were in town. Stating that IIQ/IIR helps with MFing was your contribution? Gotcha.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info