Droprates of good / okish items ?

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

And my point is with the current system there will always be a next better tier of rare item

I do not know about "tier," but yes. You are correct. The current system always leaves room for improvement.

Spoiler
I think that diminishing returns kick in and the improvement is no longer noticeable eventually. Practically speaking there is a point where no more "noticeable" improvements can be made.

If they "did something about it", all that would happen would be that it would raise the bar as to what you thought was "good" and you'd be back here complaining that drops still aren't good. "Good" to you means "comparable to what I could trade for". That. can't. happen.

The things you would trade for would become better at the same rate that the things that dropped became better, and the ratio (that you're using to define "good") would remain constant.

If you want drops to be worth picking up, you have to quit trading. It's that simple. The only way that GGG could make this happen is to disable trade entirely... and they wont do that.
Alterations going into Fusings going into Exalts. It's an ARPG so the more you play the more you turn the RNG to your favor. So far i found multiple considered T1 uniques this league alone to fund my projects. The other currency comes from dried lake and chaos recipes. Changing drop rates will not change anything for most players only speeding up the process while they'er looking at more expensive things.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If they "did something about it", all that would happen would be that it would raise the bar as to what you thought was "good" and you'd be back here complaining that drops still aren't good. "Good" to you means "comparable to what I could trade for". That. can't. happen.

The things you would trade for would become better at the same rate that the things that dropped became better, and the ratio (that you're using to define "good") would remain constant.

If you want drops to be worth picking up, you have to quit trading. It's that simple. The only way that GGG could make this happen is to disable trade entirely... and they wont do that.

I don't think you quite get what i try to say .
I am not talking about upgrades for myself , i don't talk about higher itemlevel items either . Maybe i didn't explain myself well enough in my post ( i am not English talking )

just that it was more drops that was slightly better on average . maybe a kind of smart drop system d3 had , i have no idea what the game (ggg) would prefer though to be optimized and balanced . It would be cool to find just a slightly better sidegrades of items for different builds and not be so dependent of the ah to be able to experience different builds/playstyles . You know itemization is not only about power and auction house and economy .
"
Devonor wrote:

Is it any point in iding yellow items at all ? better to save the wisdoms and use the unid chaos recipe instead ?

Much better. When you consider the time wasted identifying items, the difference is astronomical. I've played both ways and the fast clearspeed, unid chaos recipe way yielded a much higher income per hour - not to mention XP per hour is also much, much better. You don't even have to bother picking up items aside from jewellery, when you amass enough rings, belts and amulets you can start picking up the other parts of the recipe and doing it in batches. Jewellery is the bottleneck.

IMO the only items worth identifying are titanium spirit shields, vaal regalia, diamond rings and leather belts.

The only time this might not hold true will be in the first few days of a league when the market is still not saturated with items and the demand is higher than the supply.

Of course, if everyone started playing that way, there would be a severe item shortage and it would become more profitable to identify stuff, but I don't think this is ever going to happen.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 22, 2016, 10:06:03 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

This strikes me as a pessimistic view. No matter what items I see drop someone else found something better so I'm always better off trading?

Whether true or not, I do not like the idea.

I'd rather be optimistic. Delusional perhaps, but they say that ignorance is bliss. I like being optimistically blissful.
Rewards being primarily from drops is a mutually exclusive paradigm to rewards being balanced around trade. Can't have both. Since GGG chose trade it's get drops to get enough currency to buy what you want. Not kill mobs until what you want drops.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jul 22, 2016, 10:14:01 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Devonor wrote:

Is it any point in iding yellow items at all ? better to save the wisdoms and use the unid chaos recipe instead ?

Much better. When you consider the time wasted identifying items, the difference is astronomical. I've played both ways and the fast clearspeed, unid chaos recipe way yielded a much higher income. You don't even have to bother picking up items aside from jewellery, when you amass enough rings, belts and amulets you can start picking up the other parts of the recipe and doing it in batches. Jewellery is the bottleneck.

IMO the only items worth identifying are titanium spirit shields, vaal regalia, diamond rings and leather belts.

The only time this might not hold true will be in the first few days of a league when the market is still not saturated with items and the demand is higher than the supply.

You probably are right . Play more like the streamers do , just not pick up so much items because of waist of time not killing and getting xp ( xp gems too ) ? Lol it's just my habit to pick up all the rares i find . I wanna get to level 100 too so maybe time to start change my habits :)
I just find it very fun to find good items , the probability is extremely low to find those items anyway so i guess i have to stop trying so much i guess . It's a bit sad it is like this though . I try today lol :)
I think i am the only person who literally picks up every rare item and identifies them (besides jewelry and rares i need for the 2 chaos recipe).
The only way i make currency is to trade alterations or other currency for chaos / exalts.
Give a man a fish, and you can feed him for a day.
But give a fish a man, and you can feed it for a month.
@op

You're playing in perma standard league, anything you currently find won't sell for magnitudes of currency because people have better and always will (legacy items, miorrored 'perfect' items etc).

So, not sure what you're really trying to get out of the game, but finding items of value isn't super plausible in standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info