Droprates of good / okish items ?

I know the game is based auround trading and finding good stuff is rare .

But is it really fun guys ? I mean i have played this game almost everyday 5+ hours since i started . I have not found any tier 1 unique ever or any good yellow item either . I have played the game for about a year now . All my gear is bought from others . I played d3 before poe but that game is boring and everything is handed to you on a silverplate in that game .

Is it any point in iding yellow items at all ? better to save the wisdoms and use the unid chaos recipe instead ?

When i played d3 it was pretty fun to find your own upgrades , it just is not a thing in poe .
They screwed up with too high droprate on legendaries after the ah was removed though .

Once in awhile i find a nice item with dobbel res with life or something , i check poetrade and it's worth max a chaos .

In lifting nerds , ziggyd s videos i see them not picking up any yellow items at all . For me i don't think that is the most fun way to play poe . It should be fun to iding items with a slightly higher chance of finding a ok + plus item than it is atm .

It's basically farm alteration orbs . D3 upgraded their itemization with smartdrops ( strength have a low chance to roll on a bow etc ) .

So is it anything that poe could do to optimize the itemization ?
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2016, 11:21:20 AM
>standard league
They could, but it would require changing their players. Drop rates are fine... until you start trading. Then, not surprisingly, they suck. That's because you've traded for items and are comparing your drops to what to saw when you traded. They don't compare. Never will.

If you trade, you have to realize your drops will never measure up.

If you want drops to be "good"... don't trade.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:49:43 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You have to ask yourself why you really need those items you define as "good/okish". You can, and many people do, play this game entirely self found and reach the highest levels and clear the highest content. If that's possible then why do you need better items than you can find yourself?

Because iding alteration orbs is getting a bit too common .
Why i need items ? Well it's a game based on items . I wanna experience more of it and make more builds and more characters .
"
Devonor wrote:
I know the game is based auround trading and finding good stuff is rare .
But is it really fun guys ?

No, no it is not.
Technically trading can only occur if you find good drops to sell, too. I'm honestly baffled as to why this game has as many players as it does considering the RNG.

Spoiler
I traded once in POE (2 years ago?) and it was so unpleasant I've never repeated the experience. I would like to say the clunkiness of using 3rd party sites is what prevents me from trading, but it is not. Really it is the RNG and the fact that I have nothing valuable to sell.

"
Devonor wrote:

They screwed up with too high droprate on legendaries after the ah was removed though .

I wouldn't know about that because I stopped playing D3 on the pc when they announced the removal of the AH. I have only played it on console since then.

Spoiler
This made me sad. I was able to beat Inferno because of the gear I bought on the AH super-cheap. Life regen for the win! Everyone thought life steal or life on hit were what was needed, so my Grandfather sword was super cheap as it had no socket and neither of those stats. Life regen on all my armor (also pretty cheap) -> My life orb filled faster than if I had drank a potion. Bwuahaha. And it worked while kiting, too. Vanilla Inferno was easily solo-able with that setup.

The Real Money auction hall was a mistake in my mind. But even the normal AH was plagued with inflation faster than you would expect because of farming bots. Apparently it is easier to allow bots and scrap the trading. Too bad. So sad.

Is botting an issue in POE? I'm no expert, but I can only assume that is the main problem to having an "easier" trade experience which the devs feel would be detrimental.

No, that is not accurate. I played a crusader when a friend bought the expansion for me. Hit max level and saw nothing to stick around for.

Spoiler
Paragon Levels? WTF? As if being max level is a bad thing. Sheesh. What is this, an MMO grindfest? I've never played WOW and I never will. Yuck.
Now I don't want to go back because that affects all characters on an account. So my new guys will be gimped now?

Heck, the free instant respec "skill runes" system in D3 killed all replayability anyways. Sad.

"
Devonor wrote:

Once in awhile i find a nice item with dobbel res with life or something , i check poetrade and it's worth max a chaos .

Yeah... I find double resist gear with +5 life on it. Now it is not even fixable with the masters. Sheesh.

Between the large number of mods and the large window of mod values I usually run 10 characters in a league from level 1 to ~65 before I have enough gear to get decent resists in Merciless. Still waiting on the decent life to go with it this league... Forget about the trifecta and including the ES/Armor/Evasion stat too. I haven't seen one of those items in 3 years of playing.

And we have how many gear slots to fill? At least there are no pants.

Spoiler
Ah, I loved D2. Best-in-Slot existed. I finished a character and then felt no loss when letting other people pick up the loot from my kills. Another Shako? Neat. No thanks. I'm wearing one. You can have it. You're welcome.

But D3? and POE? Awful Itemization in my opinion. Always room for improvement? That is just depressing. I will never be the best I can be :( Now I am antisocial and do not want to share.

If that is your attempt at making me repeat content ad nauseam then that is just sad. Please lose the Skinner gambling box thing. I'm a human, not a rat. Just make the game fun and I'll play it! Poe does this fairly well already.

Itemization is definitely one of its shortcomings in my mind.

"
Devonor wrote:

D3 upgraded their itemization with smartdrops ( strength have a low chance to roll on a bow etc ) .

Sometimes I feel paranoid in POE. Like in this league the first fated unique prophecy I get and complete is for the Queen's Decree while I was playing a Necromancer. The next one I find is for the Blackheart ring while I'm playing with a melee guy (actually Heirophant using melee totems since true melee has no survivability).

But what are the odds of these things, really? I'm always asking myself that (there are other anecdotes, too). I would be surprised if GGG really did this though.

"
Devonor wrote:

So is it anything that poe could do to optimize the itemization ?

More potent question: would they?

Doubtful.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:50:00 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

If the rares that you currently define as 'good' dropped all the time then you would call those rares alterations too, and you would come here asking why you can't find the next highest tier of drops. Their scarcity is the only reason you describe them as good currently.

That is absurd.

In this game an item is "good" if it makes your character more powerful: better in either offense or defense.

Rarity is more relevant for trading purposes.
don´t do what streamers do only picking up rings and belts plus orbs.
pick up all the highlighted rares and go to town once full plus chance deicides sorc boots occult vestments.

i find one okay item every few days in rare and unique maybe once per week that is worth listing.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:50:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info