Stacked Deck is a hoax

"
Hyskoa wrote:
Yeah, with Perandus ggg gave us slightly more carrot and people were happy. Now with prophecy, we get nothing of value again. Perandus should have been part of the coregame. With all unique tiers available regularly.

As it is, it's just a stick game with no carrot.

it worked as a carrot because you dont normally get them, thats why they are so desirable. Give everyone 3 leagues of it and it will just be accepted as the standard gear you have access too and then they will need to find something even more op to give everyone and it goes on and on.

Its just burning through the games reward system, you get this short term boost to excitement but at the expense of destroying the long term pull of those rewards. You cant sustain that, once you give away everything except skyforths then all you have left is giving away skyforths to pull out for next league, then what? You now need to make an item even more rare and expensive than skyforths, and then give it away to free to everyone, and then you need to make items even better than that.....

You can comfortably map in endgame self found, the gear you find is good enough to play the game. The gears value is based on its rarity, its nothing really to do with its actual in game power, its value is relative to how common it is. So its a self fulfilling thing, it doesnt matter how good the majority of gear is, it will always be worthless because everyone is finding it.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Yeah, with Perandus ggg gave us slightly more carrot and people were happy. Now with prophecy, we get nothing of value again.

Are you serious? This is the most "get everything for almost free" league ever. Thanks to some of the prophecies 5L & 6L are as cheap as can be plus you can get a few of the most op items in game for just a few chaos or actually THE most OP item in the game for about 3-4ex. This league offers a lot but I have to admit that 95% of the prophecies are boring as fuck, on the other hand shitty laggy perandus mobs were just as boring.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info