Stacked Deck is a hoax

Even if it works like we all want it in the next patch, a patch later will silently nerf it.
Every aspect that was remotely reliably farmable was nerfed.

I guess the vision of the game is we all experience the RNG, then band up to see what we can cobble up together. Meh... Starting to feel a bit pointless.

I was running a MF char these days.. 50/350 around those numbers... i even have trouble doing the chaos recipe on some days. Boss drops bazilion of rares, no jewelry.

This fight to keep the players playing by moving the carrot further every day is really starting to sit badly with me.
PoE became harder and more time consuming that my job. Everything is a hurdle these days, and if something cool pops up(ie uber lab chests) it gets silently nerfed, because god forbid more of us have access to better things.

How is rolling alts going for you guys? Heh, im sure you cant stop making them.

Cheers,whatever
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2016, 9:00:27 AM
Yea, looking at your threads, you're somewhat frustrated these days.

I, for myself, looking forward for the 2.4 update.

Regarding the forums, I just think a number of people just needs a longer break from this game, maybe judge it with a fresh view after getting some distance and letting some bigger patches kick in and maybe continue then. Dunno.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Yeah, with Perandus ggg gave us slightly more carrot and people were happy. Now with prophecy, we get nothing of value again. Perandus should have been part of the coregame. With all unique tiers available regularly.

As it is, it's just a stick game with no carrot.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hunwulf wrote:
Yea, looking at your threads, you're somewhat frustrated these days.

I, for myself, looking forward for the 2.4 update.

Regarding the forums, I just think a number of people just needs a longer break from this game, maybe judge it with a fresh view after getting some distance and letting some bigger patches kick in and maybe continue then. Dunno.

Maybe, but i really dont feel like it is that.
I still try to play daily, because i feel like playing. And then, all of the things set in and i get pissed. The thing is, out of 79 people on my friends list, where 50+ are active most of the time, yesterday 2 were online. This makes me sad, and it makes me even more sad that when we/them/i voice some opinions they get trampled by hubris.

I look forward for any update, i keep hoping, but its wearing thing.
Playing this game on and off for a long time gives me perspective, and i do not like where these things are going.

RNG was somewhat manageable, now RNG stops you from experiencing new league content. This makes little to no sense, and its apparent for most people. Especially for us that can spend less time on it.
Dont get me wrong, i have thousands of hours played, but earlier this used to amount to something.
Now i cant even get a cool prophecy after finishing hundreds of them.

Yeah, my posts are "salty" but in my mind the salt is deserved and i feel if i keep posting the way i see it maybe i can influence a change of direction. (yes, i know that a lot of people currently enjoys the way things are... but its not the majority because the game is a ghost town)
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Yeah, with Perandus ggg gave us slightly more carrot and people were happy. Now with prophecy, we get nothing of value again. Perandus should have been part of the coregame. With all unique tiers available regularly.

As it is, it's just a stick game with no carrot.

I have made far more currency and got far more decent gear in Prophecy than I ever did in Perandus. prophecys give you a ton of stuff. look at how cheap 5 links are this league.
^ yea, ppl with bad rng complain while ppl like myself and a few others have had the best league ever. perandus gave me everything I wanted without much effort; challenges are super easy in prophecy but getting what i needed for my build was not as easy.. then a mirror dropped and I won the game. GG, GGG,
POE is life. POE is ♥.
I don't think "hoax" is the right word but I sort of agree with some of the general concepts in this thread.

I was unhappy to see how divination cards have actually worked because its very different from how GGG marketed them to us. "Deterministic farming" is not a realistic option for the huge majority of the cards. The 1200 Voll challenge this league shows this. You literally have a 1200 sample size and people are getting 1 or 2 cards. Its not realistic to be able to run that enough times to get the item. There are too many cards and they are not designed to be farmable.

I also agree with your point about alts. I'm particularly frustrated because there are so many potentially fun builds now but running through the same acts 3 times is just getting old. Its 2016, get rid of a difficulty already. I'm definitely creating far less alts the past few leagues that previously.

However, stacked deck isn't anything to get upset about; especially now. Its brand new, there isn't much info about it and in general its just another item/card that has little effect on anything. Expecting it to be treated differently than everything else in the game doesn't make sense.

Last edited by whitelytning on Jul 20, 2016, 11:04:47 AM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Yeah, with Perandus ggg gave us slightly more carrot and people were happy
You and I have very different definitions of 'slightly'.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Well it will be broken when they first release it. So the extremely tenacious will get all of the rewards fairly quickly. Then GGG will say "oops" and nerf it. By that time, however, the rich with innumerable amounts of hours played will have already made the money (reaped the benefits). Then the rest of the playerbase will complain that it sucks.

It happens with every new addition to the game. At first it's overtuned and easy to get. The nerds exploit it get rich. Then the plebs have to deal with nerfed shitball version AND on top of that get chastised on the forums (i.e. "git gud") for not capitalizing on the exploit.

This is primarily why I don't get excited with new GGG announcements. Every single time it's great for the first 2 weeks...they nerf it...then it becomes pointless.

They did it when Jack in the box cards were released. Hell they even did it with Uber lab this league. "Too profitable"...nerf it so all of the slower guys that just got their build to where they can farm uberlab don't get nearly the same rewards.

It gets old, but I've learned from my mistakes. Play hard for the first week when new content is released than ditch the game when they nerf it. It worked out for me this league lol. First thing I did was make an uber lab farmer...then 2 weeks in BOOM nerf. At least I was on the good side of the nerf this time, but as a player it still doesn't feel rewarding. It felt like I had to rush to have fun.

It's the single most annoying design tactic that GGG uses imo.
Wait, they silently nerfed Uber Lab drops? No wonder I've been getting Chests with useless Rares lately...

So Uber Lab is literally pointless now?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info