Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

"
AliceBundy wrote:

Is it possible, that U are doing something wrong?

I don't think he does anything wrong, he was stating that flame totems are nerfed to shit, more to say that the scaling is bad till very high end, and its gear dependent build.

I perfectly agree, this is not a temporary league build at all. The build power comes first from a 27 lvl gem which is highly unlikely that more than a hand of players are getting there in a temporary league. Most players are casuals. Then its the crit/crit multi gear which is not hard to get but very costly.

Here is how things are. Most players will go with 5L because 6L is insanely expensive for the majority in a temporary league. Corrupting a 6L it and getting another +1, well, good luck with that one. Getting +4 empower gem or leveling one on your own, when most players are not spending enough time per day in this game, and hoping to get +4, good luck with that too.

Another big problem is that AoE totems have a faster clear speed compared to our average lvl 21 flame totems and the gear you need is less expensive and more tankier. For an average player even a build around sire of shards (that shield there is more for the giggles in this build) for flame totems, with lower tooltip dps, will provide better clear speed.

I'm not saying going this route is bad, you will clear lots of maps just fine, but you wont do any high end bosses as an average player. There are cheaper builds (warchief etc) that scales better at high end with lesser gear. And I forgot to say, if you need lvl 98 to get all the points around for a build, you already failed the build.
Last edited by mmorpgro on Sep 18, 2016, 1:15:01 PM
I think this is pretty decent build. Started essence with this and was easy and pretty fast to lvl with flame totem/fire trap (3-4 under monster lvl). As usual start with non crit respect to crit when u have money for 5L infernal mantle.

Currently lvl 91 and dps in hideout +60k, Fully buffed (Totem down, Atziri flask, vaal haste) ~90k dps.
Life 5.3k+1.4k ES. Next upgrades +1 gems to chest and lvl 4 empower :)
Ign HalpingHansu/Jevnigeff
"
Jevnigeff wrote:
I think this is pretty decent build. Started essence with this and was easy and pretty fast to lvl with flame totem/fire trap (3-4 under monster lvl). As usual start with non crit respect to crit when u have money for 5L infernal mantle.

Currently lvl 91 and dps in hideout +60k, Fully buffed (Totem down, Atziri flask, vaal haste) ~90k dps.
Life 5.3k+1.4k ES. Next upgrades +1 gems to chest and lvl 4 empower :)

Hi mate.
i got almost same dps as u have 90 k 5.1 k hp 1.8 k es.
there is an issue with this build im not sure if u face the same thing or maybe im a noob and do not know how to play totems:))

Have you tried T16 bosses. I tried Hydra and Minotour and cant kill them.( ok maps were corrupted....crit extra cast,extra dmg etc)
i guess that easier maps would be ok to handle but this madness u cant, totems die to fast due to ele attacks.
maybe to add some ele res for totems on jewels.
there are some bosses they are real pain in the totem:)

the build is nice only gets squishy in rare t15/16 maps
anyhow happy hunting.
will try and do next t16 but just magic maps and will update how it went :)) for these ones interested:)
"
KOLACIC1 wrote:

Hi mate.
i got almost same dps as u have 90 k 5.1 k hp 1.8 k es.
there is an issue with this build im not sure if u face the same thing or maybe im a noob and do not know how to play totems:))

Have you tried T16 bosses. I tried Hydra and Minotour and cant kill them.( ok maps were corrupted....crit extra cast,extra dmg etc)
i guess that easier maps would be ok to handle but this madness u cant, totems die to fast due to ele attacks.
maybe to add some ele res for totems on jewels.
there are some bosses they are real pain in the totem:)

the build is nice only gets squishy in rare t15/16 maps
anyhow happy hunting.
will try and do next t16 but just magic maps and will update how it went :)) for these ones interested:)

Only cleared t1-t14 for now, gonna lvl up and try some t15-16, but i can see totems going "puff" is gonna be problem and dps propably gonna lack too without +1chest and empower lvl 4.
Ign HalpingHansu/Jevnigeff
did all T15 maps death less :)) ( they were all magic maps though) 2man flame totem party.
rare maps with dmg mods are not healthy for ur totem, hence you.
some T15 are easy though also in rare mode
rare t15 are no issue, although the bosses can be hard (koam with temp chains map leaves to little time for me to cast my totems when they die)

even in t16 trash is np, but the bosses hit like a truck and their adds seem to have waaaay more hp than normal, so i ditched my effords to clear them for the moment
Can u do some leveling guide ?
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
Thank you for this build. Best build i have ever played.
Hello,

Can you add a lvl-ing guide to the build? Especially for the passive skill tree.

Gems, gear, helpfull uniques - it would be nice also.

Best Regards
Last edited by ZLObarik on Sep 26, 2016, 5:27:07 PM
"
xecutable wrote:
"
GKCzar wrote:
So elemental focus is better dps than lets say controlled destruction in combination with that 35% multiplier? Seems hard to believe. Unless I guess the crit penalty is where the difference in dps is.

Think of it this way. The burning from the flame totems pretty much DOES NOTHING, so you are not losing there. The 35% from that ascendancy is an addictive which again isn't that big of a deal.

Now CD vs EF, a 20/20 CD gives you 54% more spell damage a multiplicative vs a 20/20 EF 59% more elemental damage.

However the negative effect of the -100% crit chance + 5% less dmg is definitely a dps loss.

"
What do you think of using Vaal Pact instead of changing to Acuity in the end?

While it's only 3 traveling nodes, you are gimping your life regen, and your are running BM at the same time. In a case where you get a bleed or poison or both in combination you may easily rip. You can remove one of the jewels and try it but the gameplay becomes a bit clunky heavily relying on leech/flask/totems not dying.

"
How much damage do I loss if I replace "Fire Pen" with "Crit Multi" gem? on a +1 IM since gettting the right color is a bitch?

That depends. On 0 fire res mobs it will be whatever % your Fire Pen shows, for example 29% multiplied by your sheet dps, 3k for example so 1.29 x 3000 = 3870. Now replace it with the crit multi gem and check your sheet dps.

The crit multi is most likely a dps loss. Against mobs with high fire res, the difference gets even bigger, which is why fire pen is your must have.

Btw the OP mentioned that he's on a vacation which is why I took the liberty to answer a few questions while he's gone.

what if you get Celestial Judgement and Celestial Punishment? then switch Elemental Support for something else ? will that spike the dps better? thats 5 nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info