[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

"
Do you think its possible to run this self found? w/o infernal mantle and facebreakers for example.

Yes it's possible. Build does not require this items at the beggining but Infernal Mantle and Facebreakers is not top tier unique items. It's cheap and relatively easy to find.

Maruder is hard to start with Flame Totems. I think for SC flashback race could be better to play Templar. Sorry for bad english.
Last edited by Lopi85 on Jul 28, 2016, 1:51:30 AM
nice build, the damage looks insane

question though, what will the dps be without gear like yours? +1 infernal mantle, 21 flame totem, 4 empower etc is not too easy to get in temporary league

how much lower dps would a normal 5 or 6L infernal mantle, 20 flame totem and 3 empower be?
"
Lopi85 wrote:
"
Do you think its possible to run this self found? w/o infernal mantle and facebreakers for example.

Yes it's possible. Build does not require this items at the beggining but Infernal Mantle and Facebreakers is not top tier unique items. It's cheap and relatively easy to find.

I know that :) was just asking coz its solo therefore no trading. everything has to be self-found.
Last edited by stalkingjackal on Jul 28, 2016, 11:02:54 AM
Hey, I followed this build in Prophecy HC and i really like it. I'm just lvl 76 and everything is easy until now, and my gear is nothing special. Nice build :)

"
how much lower dps would a normal 5 or 6L infernal mantle, 20 flame totem and 3 empower be?

I just check and:
My DPS now: 134k with 6L Infernal Mantle +1, Empower lvl4, Fire Penetration Gem and Facebreaker gloves. I have 98lvl so at example lvl90 you must decerase dmg about at 15k.

Normal (not corrupted)6L Infernal Mantle, Empower lvl4, Flame Totem 21lvl: 115k DPS
6L Infernal Mantle, Empower lvl3, Flame Totem 20lvl: 100k DPS
5L Infernal Mantle, Flame Totem 20lvl, no Empower: 80k DPS
All other items and gems are this same.

Now i testing my new gloves:

20k lower DPS (114k) but Leech applies instantly on Critical Strike is amazing.

Last edited by Lopi85 on Jul 29, 2016, 4:25:29 AM
"
Lopi85 wrote:
"

I just check and:
My DPS now: 134k with 6L Infernal Mantle +1, Empower lvl4, Fire Penetration Gem and Facebreaker gloves. I have 98lvl so at example lvl90 you must decerase dmg about at 15k.

Normal (not corrupted)6L Infernal Mantle, Empower lvl4, Flame Totem 21lvl: 115k DPS
6L Infernal Mantle, Empower lvl3, Flame Totem 20lvl: 100k DPS
5L Infernal Mantle, Flame Totem 20lvl, no Empower: 80k DPS
All other items and gems are this same.

Now i testing my new gloves:

20k lower DPS (114k) but Leech applies instantly on Critical Strike is amazing.

thanks a lot for testing it out!

damage with average items still seems insane, will be respeccing my chieftain to this build later :)
Hi, I am just getting into the build just got to level 62 and finally getting into crit! I am really liking the blue burning from the ghostflame totem and crits. I have not been using Elemental focus and I know that it will cause this effect to go away once I switch. Is there any gem that is close to the same damage? or would everything else be a bunch worse? I was thinking either added lightning, though the damage might not be enough to shock, or crit multiplier support.

Great build so far thanks!
"
Hi, I am just getting into the build just got to level 62 and finally getting into crit! I am really liking the blue burning from the ghostflame totem and crits. I have not been using Elemental focus and I know that it will cause this effect to go away once I switch. Is there any gem that is close to the same damage? or would everything else be a bunch worse? I was thinking either added lightning, though the damage might not be enough to shock, or crit multiplier support.

Elemental Focus is the best damage support gem (better than Empower lvl4). Flame Totems don't need to ignite because killing too fast. If you want change try this gems:

Best = Elemental Focus, next Controlled Destruction/Incresed Critical Strikes. All other Gems be a bunch worse.

If you really don't want Elemental Focus maybe try use this helm and Controlled Destruction instead of Elemental Focus.

Shock give you up to 50% more damage.
Last edited by Lopi85 on Aug 1, 2016, 9:06:51 AM
Hi, I really like your build, I'm planning to use this but I don't really understand whats the point of BM+EB+MoM.
Since we are using blood magic, we don't need mana, so isn't using eldritch battery pointless? Also, energy shield already protects your life, so I think mind over matter(+EB) is a waste of few points. Wouldn't it be better if we use just BM(+clear mind) without EB/MoM for a few points, or skip BM and use EB+MoM+auras?
Am I missing something?

Edit: I totally forgot about infernal mantle... So my question is, why use EB+MoM?
Last edited by Panzerro on Aug 1, 2016, 6:45:36 PM
Why MoM + EB? My english is weak so I quote well explained information from Tyranastrasz thread.

"
So why use EB and MoM at all? Arent we just relocating our ES? We dont really gain an absolute value for those 3 points do we? Or do we..?

See the issue with BM is this:
If you cast a spell it will interrupt your ES recharge and start the cooldown. In a scenerio where you are mapping at a decent pace, you wont have many chances to recharge your ES. So speccing EB + MoM allows you to Recharge ES while casting with BM.
Arguably one of the more dangerous scenarios you can encounter is a sitation where you receive unexpected amounts of damage, because mobs charge in one way or another. In this case you want to be able to kite them if neccesary right? To do so, you need to place totems to provide targets that they can latch on while you gain distance. This casting now wont interrupt your passive recharge to gain additional Health.

Second benefit: Unless you are literally get one shotted, EB + MOM is Mitigation, which is stronger, the smaller the hits are.
Example: With 6k Hp and 2K Es you are hit for~ 3k Damage.
If you are specced EB + MOM you will receive roughly 2k damage to life and 1k damage to ES
Situation after hit : 4k/6k life and 1k/2k ES. Your advantage now: You can immediatelly use Health potions to higher effect. You will likely pot up to 6k Life again and still have 1k ES to absorb the next hit. Total life pool : 7k.

Without EB + MOM and assuming full ES pre-hit. You will have 5k Life and 0 ES.
Using a Potion will put you at 6k Life and 0 ES which will only regen if you exit the fight without casting. EB + MOM allows therefor a higher average EHP by removing only 30% ES per hit and therefore recharge it infight at meaningfull levels.

I personally find this type of Defense very strong and superior to a hyrbid ES + Life approach.
It gives you more control over a dangerous situations and higher effectiveness of Potions.

If you dont aggree with this approach I will adress a different type of Passive points distribution to go towards a Hybrid route nontheless, if this is your preferred style of playing at the end of this guide. Bottom line, if you dont agree with EB+MoM feel free to redestribute the 3 Points but I highly recommend it nontheless if you play HC or above lvl 95 for leveling progression

I tested it and I agree in 100%

The above explanation comes from this post:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1431767

Short:
MoM + EB:
1. You can use Whirling Blades and summon Totems without interrupt your ES recharge.
2. Better protect against big hits and gives more survability.

Last edited by Lopi85 on Aug 2, 2016, 2:41:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info