[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

"
48ralenwol wrote:
i premise that i'm in rosik mode: i can't kill uber izaro at lv 87...
this is my equip 4520 life 1600 shield,56k dps now but the problem is that he simply oneshot me with every hit... i want to understand cuz i've spent lot of ex now in this build and i think is insane i can't neither kill izaro...

OMG, I am lvl 88 SSF, 14k tooltip, only 4 link on really bad rolled mantle, lvl 19 flame totem, dualwielding wands, breezing through unid T9 maps and you are telling me, that I cant even think about trying Izzy, even after I update my gear A LOT...I'd be a little dissapointed, if its true
I doubt it's true. I killed uber izaro with this build and as life based we have the option to flask up if we get hit. So we basically just need to keep the mitigation flasks running to not get oneshot an than use a life flask.

But this is obviously not really a HC build, and I also die alot (4,1 k hp 1,6 k shield) but with a few more levels and jewels it will work well enough.

The Damage is nice (30k dps on my flametotem and clearing starts to slow down at level 13-14 maps, but still doable). And of cause reaching 130k is possible, but it will be hard, (i mean he states what a 6l +1 corrupted infernal mantle costs) and it takes time (yeah leveling gems to 20/20 to corrupt them). As with all builds the last 10 or 20% of improvements raise the dps the most (10% dmg improvement if you are at 10k dps is 11k dps, 10% dmg improvement if you are at 100k dps is 110k dps and so on).

So everybody that wants an "beginner" flametotem guide maybe should go to a beginner flametotem guide and not one that states "Uber, Core, End-Game" in its titel and flaming the build-developer is just bad manner
I have a 5-link and 30k dps and no problems in uberlab.
"
Shikari123 wrote:
I doubt it's true. I killed uber izaro with this build and as life based we have the option to flask up if we get hit. So we basically just need to keep the mitigation flasks running to not get oneshot an than use a life flask.

But this is obviously not really a HC build, and I also die alot (4,1 k hp 1,6 k shield) but with a few more levels and jewels it will work well enough.

The Damage is nice (30k dps on my flametotem and clearing starts to slow down at level 13-14 maps, but still doable). And of cause reaching 130k is possible, but it will be hard, (i mean he states what a 6l +1 corrupted infernal mantle costs) and it takes time (yeah leveling gems to 20/20 to corrupt them). As with all builds the last 10 or 20% of improvements raise the dps the most (10% dmg improvement if you are at 10k dps is 11k dps, 10% dmg improvement if you are at 100k dps is 110k dps and so on).

So everybody that wants an "beginner" flametotem guide maybe should go to a beginner flametotem guide and not one that states "Uber, Core, End-Game" in its titel and flaming the build-developer is just bad manner

Good post. It takes a lot of time to make this build powerful, and I'd hardly call it HC worthy unless you're a special type of player (there was a guy in the top 20 for a while, Essence HC, but he's dead now).

I had trouble with Uber Izaro with over 5k life and 1.6k ES (about 18k tooltip dps), and ultimately got a carry. He's extremely powerful and this build doesn't have much in the way of mitigation except the life/es pool, reliance on totems for distraction (if you've taken the taunt node, which is maybe worth speccing into before the Izaro fight, or you could try one Flame Totem and one Decoy), and range... which you probably aren't going to have much of by the time you want to fight him. I was using a wand too, so no Fortify, and my totems were dying almost instantly after they began firing. Flasks are your best friend. I probably could have done it in a couple more tries with better flasks, but I hate lab runs as it is.

I currently have 21k dps, 5.4k life, and 1.8k es, and it's ok for T11 or so maps, but still weak thanks to my 5L, a lvl 19 FT with no quality, and no extra projectile speed atm outside of the gem. Projectile speed beyond what the gem gives makes a world of difference. Nice if you can get 40%+ on a wand and don't have to worry about that helm enchant. I snagged an acceptable helm for 50C with the extra projectiles mod, and I really like it... or at least think it could be great once I get projectile speed elsewhere.

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Sep 16, 2016, 3:49:32 PM

my setup )5k hp 2k es 60 k dps
recently i managed to get hands on a minotaour map T16 and felt likek im hitting a wall at the boss :))
all other T15 and below maps are easy compared to minotaur. To dmg him you really need higher dps.
still need to work on my dagger and shield hope to get bit better gear and jewels :)
build is ok ish.

one thing dont do -res maps with chain .......= DEATH !!!!

IF ANY ONE HERE HAS MANAAGED TO OGET THRU THESE T16 MAPS, SHARE UR PROGRESS.
What's the order of improtance for flame totem links?
Just wanted to say, I am loving the build. I am level 89 on HC 5.1k hp and 1.7k es with only 20k dps on my totem. My flame totem is still level 19 lol (almost 20) and a lot of my gear is pretty shit plus I only got a 5 link so far.. I don't understand people complaints on here, im clearing up to tier 12 very easy. And I have SO MUCH more room for imporovement. I dont see how people are saying this build is not tanky. 50% of your tankiness comes from you being a totem build with totems that fucking perma taunt every mob in the game. So play this build like a totem build, dont rush in face first into the boss. Another thing I've learned is for boss fights, don't use enduring cry most of the time...it makes you taunt the boss and you lose your big defensive advantage every time you do it. 99% of the time I literately sit there while the boss is afk fighting my totems. Also learn to pre pot your defensive flasks. I find the most dangerous part in any encounter is the little period of time of when you are summoning your totems and they havent started attacking yet. Once they get going and I have the leech, it really feels like you can not die bar a one shot mechanic. Which is why during that little period of time you need to have your defensive flasks up. Its a fun and active play style build....well except for when its 1vs1 on a boss... then you sit back take a sip of your lemonade and watch the sucker burn. Kudos!
I will test this build with my Chieftain totem in standard when the Essence league ends
Disappointing build but it's not your fault. Flame totem was nerfed to shit. I switched to FT + 5L infernal mantle and I'm doing 6.8k per totem. It's slow to kill dried lake mobs. If you had absolutely perfect gear like you listed then I can see this being worth it. Definitely not worth it as a league starter. I hope they buff this skill as it is quite garbage.
"
generalchaos wrote:
Disappointing build but it's not your fault. Flame totem was nerfed to shit. I switched to FT + 5L infernal mantle and I'm doing 6.8k per totem. It's slow to kill dried lake mobs. If you had absolutely perfect gear like you listed then I can see this being worth it. Definitely not worth it as a league starter. I hope they buff this skill as it is quite garbage.

Is it possible, that U are doing something wrong? Im very bad player, SSF cos I hate trading, I have 4link, lvl19 FT, no uberlab ascendancy, so no leech for me, but still Im lvl88, so far havent found a boss, that would be unkillable for me /highest T10, so relatively easy maps, thats true/ my only death in last levels was in burning trial, blocked by mobs, panicked, burned... All U have to do is place Ur totems in front of U and always be moving (preferably not in line where mobs are shooting at Ur totems, flame dash is Ur friend) and watch everything die...Just now Im trying to cull and get powercharges with power siphon+item rarity+GMP+chain, works well, 3PC´s are 10% of damage in my current state, but stopping and shooting...rather do it offscreen:) but when boss is bussy with Ur totems, culling with rarity is quite safe and profitable:)
So for me this is quite a cool build, no cost in the beginning, lots of possible improvement in endgame, not regreting trying it so far

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info